Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear 2: December 2008 - April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
Welcome to
Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 2

The previous thread can be found here.

TRF Rules & FAQs
*review before posting*

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must first obtain written permission from the copyright holder.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to reliable published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be removed without notice.

If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting! :flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Mandy, GlitteringTiaras, Dazzling, TheTruth

I don't recall Victoria wearing this outfit, other than during the wedding. IMO, it is not a very flattering outfit on Victoria. The color is nice, but the shape of the outfit is not attractive. It was a strange choice.

No, I dont remember seeing it since either, PrincessofEurope

I do't rememer seeing that ensemble again either, but I am actually thankful, I didn't particularly like it the first time.

Thankfully it was never seen again.
Ill-fitting, not exactly appropriate for the occasion, and the weird design could be a gala uniform for the female crew members in 'Star Trek - The Next Generation.'

I loved seeing the recap of CP Victoria's gala outfits. Of all the gowns she has worn this year, none come close to the soft pink dress that she wore with the diamond headband during the Nobel Prize awards. That is the best look she has ever worn, IMHO.

I completely agree. The overall look worn for the Royal 'Day After' Nobel gala (NOT for the Nobel prize ceremony) was her best ever.
The gown of banded layers in chiffon with different shades of pastel blue is great to begin with - it's not easy to keep this kind of style soft and flowing, but this dress succeeds, also thanks to the fishtail train in the back.
I really wish we could find out who designed it - it's a great departure in style of the less flattering Edwardian silhouettes which Victoria has been repeating far many times in recent years. Maybe it's her first really sophisticated dress ever.
Open hair and diamond headband were beautiful as well, and I even liked the decision not to match the jewelry but wear it with pearls, adding a whimsical touch which is all too often missing from CP Victoria's styles.

Crown princess Victoria tonight at the gala of the official visit of the president of Finland
Belga
Belga
Beautiful recycled dress.
Hairdo
Belga
Belga

Yes,I remember that dress from the pole.It didn't impress me that much,though.I liked the hair very much :flowers:

I like this dress. It's not the prettiest dress that Victoria has worn, but it does look very nice on her. Her hair is really pretty. IMO, her hair (and tiara) are the best part of her look.

I love her hair! The dress is ok. The top and bottom don't flow too well together, IMO.

Well this is far from my favourite as far as Victoria's gowns go, but it does work well for her, its a nice cut, has a few points of interest, and is not overdone IMO.

It´s a beautiful dress. I don´t like the colour at all, but I like it. Her hairdo is very nice:flowers:

Victoria's gowns are hit and miss IMO. Sometimes, she looks decades older in the really awful ones.

I love this dress! It looks perfect on Victoria. The pink details are really nice, and that shade of red really works for her.

Last edited:
Crown princess Victoria yesterday evening at a gala dinner at the Royal Castle
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
This is one of her loveliest evening gowns.

I love the train on the back of this gown. The pink bows at the shoulders are a detail the dress really didn't need (though I do like the pink band around the waist!). Gorgeous color, a vibrant red.

I like this dress.I love the color and the train.But,I too don't like the pink details on her shoulders but also aroud her waist.I looks too girly.I don't know if it's just me but I think that she wears too much satin dresses.I find this boring.I love when she wears dresses done with with different and more sophisticated material.
I loved this one ANP Beeldbank
(I hope the link is correctly sent and respects the rules of the forum)

Gorgeus look ! Very nice dress for CP. I don't like only this pink accents- I'm not a big fan of combiantion 'red and pink'. Vibrant colour, good accesories, lovely tiara :D

. . . . . But,I too don't like the pink details on her shoulders but also aroud her waist.I looks too girly.
Very little girly. It would have looked great without the bows and sash. They are the preserve of little girls. :ohmy:

This dress was also worn by Victoria to the Gala during the Swedish state visit to Denmark a year or two ago.

I loved both the red/pink and the light pink Dior evening gowns :in_love:
They made Victoria look so much young and fresh,like a 20 year old girl,and I like that.She's still very young and she has so many years ahead of her to dress like a middle aged woman :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom