Hairdo:
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture

Old 12-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
The top of the dress is devine on Victoria. This type of neckline is definately for her. The color is outstanding. The tiara is lovely but I wish she would have worn the amethyst tiara since she is already wearing the necklace, earrings and broach. One of her best dresses.
I agree with you. Pity that she hasn't chosen the amethyst tiara, it would have made this whole outfit complete IMO.
However, the dress is gorgeous, the necklace and earrings are stunning and she herself looks lovely.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gorgeous purple gown on Victoria. I don't mind that she didn't wear the amethyst tiara, it might have been too much purple going on. She looks flawless imo.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

The beautiful color really saves a dress which IMO combines too many elements - some Grecian draping here, a 1950s satin banded décolleté there, and those flower-ruffles growing down the back into a veritable garden.
The skirt has a very nice flow though, and the amethyst color holds it all together, while the back view is - I'm sorry to say - a bit ridiculous... as if Victoria was wearing a crushed flower backpack.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Nobility

The purple dress is stunning!
CP Victoria is stunning wearing that dress that is!

CP Victoria looks georgeous in any jewelry colors, like emerald green amethyst violet, royal blue and so on. Her complexion and wonderful dark eyes goes well with colors like that. She looks great in pastels too, but the darker jewel colors are so great on her.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I think this is a really pretty dress. I love the soft draping, and the rosettes are a nice touch, without looking too gaudy, IMO. The amethyst jewelry is gorgeous.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:12 AM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I loved the color on her and the front of the dress. Didn't care for the profusion of flowers on the back. I thought it might have looked better with just the one flower on the front, or even just one strap on the dress (I wasn't too sure what was going on under her sash). I would have preferred a more imposing tiara, especially since Madeleine got the 4 button tiara that evening.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Victorias dress was beautiful. The color is lovely and the detailing on the shoulder adds alot of detailing to the dress which is very pretty. The dress had a lovely flow to it.
Loved the necklace.
Overall she gets a 10/10 on the look.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
The beautiful color really saves a dress which IMO combines too many elements - some Grecian draping here, a 1950s satin banded décolleté there, and those flower-ruffles growing down the back into a veritable garden.
The skirt has a very nice flow though, and the amethyst color holds it all together, while the back view is - I'm sorry to say - a bit ridiculous... as if Victoria was wearing a crushed flower backpack.
Agree with you Boris. The back of this dress is too much.
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/17261085.jpg
Old 12-11-2009, 06:14 AM
Aristocracy

Ooh yes, what is going on at the back - they need taking off don;t they. Otherwise, fabulous, perfect combination of young/modern and appropriate/regal. A tricky combo!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Royal Highness

Once again I must say - perfect look. Everything - the dress, jewels, hairdo, make-up match. The best look during this Nobel ceremony.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Serene Highness

This dress is from Elie Saab!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 12-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Royal Highness

yes, from Spring 2009 Ready-to-Wear collection, photo from style.com
style.com
Old 12-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
This dress is from Elie Saab!
Well let me just say -- SHE NEEDS TO KEEP WEARING ELIE SAAB! The design and color are gorgeous on her. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an Elie Saab wedding dress!
Old 12-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Serene Highness

Elie Saab always designs so beautiful dresses! I'm a great fan of his work and I'm happy that Victoria likes as well! Hope in the future we'll see more of his dresses on her!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 12-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

My observations are that CPrincess Victoria was flawless in the Purple gown, I liked the mix of the satin & silk, especially the detailing on the shoulder flowers. (though I think there were too many flowers on the back) I've never seen the button tiara look this good, her hair was done perfectly. Vic's evening bag looked strange in silver, I think it looked out of place, but loved the jeweled clasp.

Additionally, I like the ametheyst necklace worn with the drop, and thought with the "V- neckline" of Victoria's dress, it would've been better to have the pendant drop attached, she seemed to edit it out, unfortunatley... Victorua looks every bit a Queen tonite!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Nobility

Absolutely stunning! I think it could have done without so much going on in the back, but otherwise she looked fabulous!
Old 12-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria tonight at the King´s dinner:
SvenskDam
SvenskDam
I like this dress, the colour is beautiful and the tiara suits to it well.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Gorgeous purple gown on Victoria. I don't mind that she didn't wear the amethyst tiara, it might have been too much purple going on. She looks flawless imo.
I absolutely agree, especially about the tiara. One of her best dresses, too. I especially liked the fabric — it comes across as very elegant and sophisticated. I can't stand satin and some of these harder-looking fabrics. I like gowns that flow. I've also noticed that Victoria and Madeleine are starting to spend some big money on designer clothes and accessories since their engagements. This Elie Saab dress of Victoria's is the first time I am aware that she's worn a big-name evening gown.

What I'd like to see now is for someone to give her some serious jewelry of her own to go with this more elegant evening look so she doesn't have to keep borrowing from the Bernadotte foundation.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Aristocracy

I was really blown away by the pictures of Crown Princess Victoria at the dinner.. she was absolutely stunning in the purple/amethyst ensemble. I liked Madeleine's dress too, and I think she wore all the "bling" better than Victoria.

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, eveningwear, fashion