Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear 2: December 2008 - April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The top of the dress is devine on Victoria. This type of neckline is definately for her. The color is outstanding. The tiara is lovely but I wish she would have worn the amethyst tiara since she is already wearing the necklace, earrings and broach. One of her best dresses.

I agree with you. Pity that she hasn't chosen the amethyst tiara, it would have made this whole outfit complete IMO. :flowers:
However, the dress is gorgeous, the necklace and earrings are stunning and she herself looks lovely. :)

Gorgeous purple gown on Victoria. I don't mind that she didn't wear the amethyst tiara, it might have been too much purple going on. She looks flawless imo.

The beautiful color really saves a dress which IMO combines too many elements - some Grecian draping here, a 1950s satin banded décolleté there, and those flower-ruffles growing down the back into a veritable garden.
The skirt has a very nice flow though, and the amethyst color holds it all together, while the back view is - I'm sorry to say - a bit ridiculous... as if Victoria was wearing a crushed flower backpack.

The purple dress is stunning!
CP Victoria is stunning wearing that dress that is! :wub:

CP Victoria looks georgeous in any jewelry colors, like emerald green amethyst violet, royal blue and so on. Her complexion and wonderful dark eyes goes well with colors like that. She looks great in pastels too, but the darker jewel colors are so great on her.

I think this is a really pretty dress. I love the soft draping, and the rosettes are a nice touch, without looking too gaudy, IMO. The amethyst jewelry is gorgeous.

I loved the color on her and the front of the dress. Didn't care for the profusion of flowers on the back. I thought it might have looked better with just the one flower on the front, or even just one strap on the dress (I wasn't too sure what was going on under her sash). I would have preferred a more imposing tiara, especially since Madeleine got the 4 button tiara that evening.

Victorias dress was beautiful. The color is lovely and the detailing on the shoulder adds alot of detailing to the dress which is very pretty. The dress had a lovely flow to it.
Loved the necklace.
Overall she gets a 10/10 on the look.

The beautiful color really saves a dress which IMO combines too many elements - some Grecian draping here, a 1950s satin banded décolleté there, and those flower-ruffles growing down the back into a veritable garden.
The skirt has a very nice flow though, and the amethyst color holds it all together, while the back view is - I'm sorry to say - a bit ridiculous... as if Victoria was wearing a crushed flower backpack.

Agree with you Boris. The back of this dress is too much.
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/17261085.jpg

Ooh yes, what is going on at the back - they need taking off don;t they. Otherwise, fabulous, perfect combination of young/modern and appropriate/regal. A tricky combo!

Once again I must say - perfect look. Everything - the dress, jewels, hairdo, make-up match. The best look during this Nobel ceremony.

This dress is from Elie Saab!

This dress is from Elie Saab!
Well let me just say -- SHE NEEDS TO KEEP WEARING ELIE SAAB! The design and color are gorgeous on her. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an Elie Saab wedding dress!;)

Elie Saab always designs so beautiful dresses! I'm a great fan of his work and I'm happy that Victoria likes as well! Hope in the future we'll see more of his dresses on her!

My observations are that CPrincess Victoria was flawless in the Purple gown, I liked the mix of the satin & silk, especially the detailing on the shoulder flowers. (though I think there were too many flowers on the back) I've never seen the button tiara look this good, her hair was done perfectly. Vic's evening bag looked strange in silver, I think it looked out of place, but loved the jeweled clasp.

Additionally, I like the ametheyst necklace worn with the drop, and thought with the "V- neckline" of Victoria's dress, it would've been better to have the pendant drop attached, she seemed to edit it out, unfortunatley... Victorua looks every bit a Queen tonite!

Absolutely stunning! I think it could have done without so much going on in the back, but otherwise she looked fabulous!

Victoria tonight at the King´s dinner:
SvenskDam
SvenskDam
I like this dress, the colour is beautiful and the tiara suits to it well.

Last edited:
Gorgeous purple gown on Victoria. I don't mind that she didn't wear the amethyst tiara, it might have been too much purple going on. She looks flawless imo.

I absolutely agree, especially about the tiara. One of her best dresses, too. I especially liked the fabric — it comes across as very elegant and sophisticated. I can't stand satin and some of these harder-looking fabrics. I like gowns that flow. I've also noticed that Victoria and Madeleine are starting to spend some big money on designer clothes and accessories since their engagements. This Elie Saab dress of Victoria's is the first time I am aware that she's worn a big-name evening gown.

What I'd like to see now is for someone to give her some serious jewelry of her own to go with this more elegant evening look so she doesn't have to keep borrowing from the Bernadotte foundation.

I was really blown away by the pictures of Crown Princess Victoria at the dinner.. she was absolutely stunning in the purple/amethyst ensemble. I liked Madeleine's dress too, and I think she wore all the "bling" better than Victoria.

The dress is quite pretty but the only thing that is ruining it for me is the beige silk fabric which is lining the the embroidery around the shoulder. They shouldve used the same fabric as the dress or even left it seethrough which wouldve been stunning IMO.
The cut and the detailing is very pretty. I wished she wore this dress to the Noble day and the purple to the dinner since the purple seemed more simple.

The purple dress was divine, and I´m glad that crown princess Victoria wore it at the Award ceremony and and the banquet. Yesterday´s dress is also very beautiful and suitable for the event.

Victoria tonight at the King´s dinner:
SvenskDam
SvenskDam
I like this dress, the colour is beautiful and the tiara suits to it well.

Beautiful gown, I like it how the top part of it seems to harmonise so well with the tiara. The colour suits her complexion too, IMO.

I actually prefer this dress to the 'Main Event' Elie Saab gown as well, particularly because the shoulderline here is perfect for CP Victoria. I actually hope she might go for the bare shoulders and a boat neckline look for her wedding dress - with long sleeves though.
I just wish a different color would have been chosen for this dress; in contrast to other posters, I find that this shade of grey with the beige accents washes her out considerably.

I love this new dress as well!

Victoria was the most beautiful and elegant during Nobel events this year!

This dress was perfect for Victoria and absolutely perfect for the cut steel tiara. The colours and embroidery on the top part harmonized perfectly with the tiara and the boat neckline and detailing on the bust were great: glamorous but not over the top (much better than the chaos on the back of the Eli Saab dress).

Beautiful gown, I like it how the top part of it seems to harmonise so well with the tiara. The colour suits her complexion too, IMO.

Dierna, I couldnt agree more, you took the words right out of my mouth! Though Im not a big fan of the steel cut tiara (yes, Im a diamond addict) it worked great with the neutral shimmer of the gown. CPrincess Victoria looked confident and relaxed in it.

Respectfully, I disagree with Boris that this was better than the pruple evening gown. To me last nights evening gown was restrained elegance (as it should be), and the Elie Sabb Purple gown was royal power, which I prefer.

definitely not as great as that lovely dress she chose last year!

Really nice dress, but purple was better. Anyway I like the color of that gown and the embroidering on the top. This gray material occurring on the top looks strange. Anyway CP looks very good. I didn't expect this tiara, but it suits her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom