The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Nobility

Impeccable. As always. She may not dress with the flare of a Maxima or Mary but her dress sense is always very regal and proper.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

This is not a criticism, but Victoria and Queen Silvia are dressed in a way that could have been seen in the fifties or sixties. Totally appropriate for the occasion, just a little bit startling for the fashion of our days. There is almost something nostalgic about it. That color on Victoria, raspberry I guess, at least as it appears on my screen, is interesting, part western, but with a slight flavor of the East as well.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Courtier

The color is definitly great on her. However, IMHO the top part of this year's nobel dress needs a more womenly figure ... somehow it seemed to be not fully filled (Sorry, but I do not know how to describe it otherwise). Victoria is simply too slim for this kind of top in my eyes. The layering of the skirt is also great, but a bit out of proportion to the top part. All in all I am not convinced of this dress. Madeleine and of course Queen Silvia handled it better.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Our perception of Victoria's figure must be very different. She seems (like her sister) to have a very womanly figure to me. She is slim, but has curves, as the saying goes, in the right places, so the "problem" with the top part didn't occur to me.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Princess Victoria tonight

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/11564947.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/11564658.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/11564627.jpg

IMO she looked gorgeous!
I love her look tonight.

I already said that in the "Nobel Prize" thread: there's something very "Mary" about this outfit... especially about the way Victoria's wears her hair (with that lovely altered diamond necklace-tiara). I like it alot.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

I just love this dress! It´s something different and it suits Victoria so well.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 12-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Really like tonights dress - as everyone has said the layered effect is something new for her. also it is a departure from the fuller gown which she favours and this striaght dress looks great on her

Old 12-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Aristocracy

Wow! I have to say CP Victoria looks amazing tonight! The straight, slim line dress with the layers really works with her figure and shows off what a nice waist she has. And I just love the diamond necklace worn as a headband. Looks retro yet modern at the same time. I know she loves to have her hair off her face and thank goodness she didn't opt for the ponytail!

I think this is one of her best looks all year. And she looks wonderful at the Nobel Ceremony last night also. I just wish photos could capture the sparkle that I am sure the Baden Fringe Tiara has.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Aristocracy

Absolutely stunning! She looks amazing! I was disappointed with the noble dress, while it's 'alright' it wasnt anything special. But that more then makes up for it, she looks perfect! A straighter style is very complementing of her figure, in comparison the fuller gowns makes her look older. The hair, the jewels, the dress, shes glowing.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

The royal family is the host for the dinner on the 11th and is more likely to make a stunning appearance. The dinner on the 10th is to honor the Noble prize winners and the Nobel organization is the host. Queen Silvia said in one interview that her Nobel dress is usually a dress she has already worn on a state visit. The royal family is not the main focus on this evening and although they always look fabulous they are not the main reason for the dinner.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I love both dresses that Victoria has worn. The color of the first dress is absolutely perfect on Victoria. It really suits her. I completely agree with Her_Majesty about the second look. The tiered style of the second dress, and the hairstyle are very similar to looks that we have seen on CP Mary. I also liked the hair accessories that Victoria wore on the second night.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:46 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I love both dresses that Victoria has worn. The color of the first dress is absolutely perfect on Victoria. It really suits her. I completely agree with Her_Majesty about the second look. The tiered style of the second dress, and the hairstyle are very similar to looks that we have seen on CP Mary. I also liked the hair accessories that Victoria wore on the second night.
Completely agree sgl. Victoria is classy in both styles, modern & traditional. Two great appearances.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:47 AM
Royal Highness

CP looks very good Fabntastic dress and perfect colour for her. I like this kind of tiara very much.
Both dress fit her well.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I just love this dress! It´s something different and it suits Victoria so well.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
I think this may be one of Victoria's best looks! She looks stunning ... youthful but still regal.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Victoria looks very elegant & stunning! The dress looks very good on her.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Side view of Victoria´s dress:
Svensk Damtidning/Lottas kungliga modeblogg
Old 12-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wonderful.
She looks amazing
Old 12-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Can anyone tell me the designer of this dress?
Old 12-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent

victoria looked spectacular. this has got to be my favourite ever of her gala dresses. the hair, the jewels and her lovely dress make an amazing outfit. she looks absolutely gorgeous, regal, feminine and elegant.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I didn't realize that there was a train attached to this dress. I like it even more! I think that this is one of the most beautiful looks I have ever seen Victoria wear. From her hair to her shoes, the entire look was fabulous.

Tags
crown princess victoria, eveningwear, fashion, style, victoria