The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

royals.web-log.nl: Prinses Victoria op bezoek in India

Old 10-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
NEW DELHII - Crown Princess Victoria arrives for a dinner at the Embassy of Sweden in New Delhi, India, October 17, 2008

http://i33.tinypic.com/1ho5d.jpg
anp
The top of this outfit is really pretty. I love the fabrics and colors. I can't tell if it is a top and skirt, or a dress. Does anyone know?

Old 10-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
The top of this outfit is really pretty. I love the fabrics and colors. I can't tell if it is a top and skirt, or a dress. Does anyone know?
ANP Beeldbank

My bet would be skirt and top - on the above linked picture it seems as if the colour of the top is slightly brighter, more pale, than the one of the skirt. Also the drapery doesn't seem to be consistent.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
I don't think that the sheer part of aren't sleeves, but a stole
I did wonder that to be honest but concluded that it was a sheer jacket because of the detailing and the way it sat, but I could be quite wrong
Old 10-18-2008, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
NEW DELHII - Crown Princess Victoria arrives for a dinner at the Embassy of Sweden in New Delhi, India, October 17, 2008

http://i33.tinypic.com/1ho5d.jpg
anp
I think it's a nice gesture on Victoria's part that she opted to wear something less revealing but I think the outfit is a bit of a mess. The colour is ok but the sheer "bell" sleeves are horrible and the overall style is very mature. I would epxect her mother to wear something like this.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don´t like this dress at all. Here´s good photos:
Bunte
Bunte
The top is not beautiful and it makes Victoria look much older than she really is.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Aristocracy

How does the top make her look older? I really don't see it, if there is anything that shes wearing that has a 'older' look to its the necklace. Honesty I don't think that those are sleeves, more like something shes wearing over/with the top.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

October 18th: Crown Princess Victoria has recycled the top she wore Norway 'recently':
ANP Beeldbank ANP Beeldbank

I quite like this - it is nice to see that the top works well enough with the shorter skirt.
Its quite a nice outfit IMO in that no one could accuse her of being 'sloppy' and yet its not excessively formal.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I like this top with this skirt. It has kind of a 1950s look, but it still looks modern.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

This dress is not my favorite, the gunmetal color is pretty, but when someone, anyone, wears this color, they have to have he right makeup and hair, which IMO Victoria did not. her other outfits on this trip have been lovely, but this one is not my favorite.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Nobility

This outfit is rather similar to the one she wore on WA's birthday party in september 2007.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
October 18th: Crown Princess Victoria has recycled the top she wore Norway 'recently':
ANP Beeldbank ANP Beeldbank
If I remember correctly it was by Escada.
I quite like it; although I prefered it with the long skirt (the way she wore it in Oslo).

Old 10-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
If I remember correctly it was by Escada.
I quite like it; although I prefered it with the long skirt (the way she wore it in Oslo).
I think it was 'best' with the long skirt but I'm really pleased that she wore it with the shorter one.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Troonopvolgers!: Victoria in India

i dont think this is a flattering cut of a dress on Victoria at all - it makes her look matronly and big.
in response to questions about the sheer sleeves - i think it looks like a stole rather than part of the actually dress

Old 10-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Courtier

Re: CPss Victoria's dress from Tuesday night

Courtesy of Belga.

BelgaPicture - Category details

Picture details

Picture details

Great colours for CPss Victoria.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Aristocracy

Oh what timing, she must have been able to sense the conflict over her clothes. "who are you calling boring?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow! What a beautiful dress! The cut and colors are gorgeous. Definitely not boring.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

The dress is beautiful, and she would look much more beautiful without the ponytail.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just when you least expect it...

I love it
Old 10-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

This must be one of the ugliest cocktail dresses I've ever seen.
Gorgeous purple color ruined by big and tacky gold print, poorly tailored like something from 1987 'Dynasty', plus an unflattering banded neckline.
Sorry, but IMHO it's horrible - and judging by the Bollywood star's facial expression, he seems to be less than impressed as well.

Tags
crown princess victoria, eveningwear, fashion, style, victoria