Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear 1: October 2003 - December 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought royals save wearing all black for funerals only. I do wish the dress was in another colour, maybe dark green, it would have showed off the cut and folds more.

I thought royals save wearing all black for funerals only.

Nope. Not all of them at least. HM Queen Elizabeth might, but Victoria's generation dont seem to. Dont overdo it either though, for the most part.

I love that red dress! It is one of my favorites. The accessories she wore with it were also fabulous.

A bit of a change...

ANP Beeldbank ANP Beeldbank ANP Beeldbank

You know, surprisingly, I think I'm a fan
The top of the dress surprises me a bit, a hadn'd really expected that kind of thing on a princess... but overall I do like it. Its thinking outside the box

I do not like this dress. It looks too much like a babydoll dress, and a bit young for her. To top that off, I don't think the shoes look good with the dress at all!

No ponytail, color, not and "older person" look, I call that win. I don't like the bow, but aside from that it a really nice look. At least she's trying something, thats better then not right? Think of it as her trying to find her look she is comfortable with. :flowers: And as long as she doesn't over do it like the young British princess who-will-not-be-named its a good thing.:whistling: I also tend to think that having a stylist is "cheating" so I like that she choses herself.

I´m a little surprised of this dress that Victoria wore last night. At least it´s something new, but I think it´s a little too youngish for her. And I hope that she would stop standing like this:
ANP Beeldbank
It looks uncomfortable and makes her look like a little girl, not a future queen.

The dress is a bit too much much "Barbie", IMO. ... too tacky.
I really don't like the bow ... but at least the cut of the skirt is really cute.

It would have looked nicer longer. That is something a celebrity would wear and not very well. I can see what the idea was but didn't come off and the shoes are wrong.

I love the red dress from a few days ago, she looks really good in that color. The black and pink not so much.

i like victoria's fashion in last couple of weeks, but my favorite is purple dress that she wore in Australia and France.

The dress is a bit too much much "Barbie", IMO. ... too tacky.
I really don't like the bow ... but at least the cut of the skirt is really cute.

I completely agree! It looks silly on her. Black and pink usually make a great color combination. This dress is the exception to that rule. Icky!

I quite like this outfit. The colours are nice, the cut seems flattering. I'm not sold on the sleeves yet, but they do add and element of interest to the outfit, and are elegant.

I quite like this outfit. The colours are nice, the cut seems flattering. I'm not sold on the sleeves yet, but they do add and element of interest to the outfit, and are elegant.

I don't think that the sheer part of aren't sleeves, but a stole :unsure:

I think your right, you can see it goes across the back, interesting.

The top of this outfit is really pretty. I love the fabrics and colors. I can't tell if it is a top and skirt, or a dress. Does anyone know?

ANP Beeldbank

My bet would be skirt and top - on the above linked picture it seems as if the colour of the top is slightly brighter, more pale, than the one of the skirt. Also the drapery doesn't seem to be consistent.

I don't think that the sheer part of aren't sleeves, but a stole :unsure:

I did wonder that to be honest but concluded that it was a sheer jacket because of the detailing and the way it sat, but I could be quite wrong :flowers:

Last edited:
NEW DELHII - Crown Princess Victoria arrives for a dinner at the Embassy of Sweden in New Delhi, India, October 17, 2008

http://i33.tinypic.com/1ho5d.jpg
anp
I think it's a nice gesture on Victoria's part that she opted to wear something less revealing but I think the outfit is a bit of a mess. The colour is ok but the sheer "bell" sleeves are horrible and the overall style is very mature. I would epxect her mother to wear something like this.

I don´t like this dress at all. Here´s good photos:
Bunte
Bunte
The top is not beautiful and it makes Victoria look much older than she really is.

How does the top make her look older? I really don't see it, if there is anything that shes wearing that has a 'older' look to its the necklace. Honesty I don't think that those are sleeves, more like something shes wearing over/with the top.

October 18th: Crown Princess Victoria has recycled the top she wore Norway 'recently':
ANP Beeldbank ANP Beeldbank

I quite like this - it is nice to see that the top works well enough with the shorter skirt.
Its quite a nice outfit IMO in that no one could accuse her of being 'sloppy' and yet its not excessively formal.

I like this top with this skirt. It has kind of a 1950s look, but it still looks modern.

This dress is not my favorite, the gunmetal color is pretty, but when someone, anyone, wears this color, they have to have he right makeup and hair, which IMO Victoria did not. her other outfits on this trip have been lovely, but this one is not my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom