Crown Princess Victoria's Daytime Fashion Part 9: June 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

An interesting pattern mix for Victoria during the celebrations to mark the 1000th anniversary of Skara Diocese today, August 30.

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Close Up/Side view **

The coat and the dress separate are lovely pieces but together it felt Victoria was trying too hard to match two pieces which didn't work at all. I am not a fan of such headpieces.

I have mixed feelings on Victoria's latest outfit. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't. I'm not a huge fan of the stripes of her coat, but the colours work well together and Victoria looks nice.

An interesting pattern mix for Victoria during the celebrations to mark the 1000th anniversary of Skara Diocese today, August 30.

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Close Up/Side view **
I don't like horizontal stripes, I don't like houndstooth style patterns, I don't like big heavy earrings and I really am over fascinators!

In light of the above, it comes a something of a shock to find that in some wierd way, they all went together well. The colours, cut and style of the coat were spot on, even I would wear it. The dress looked cool and comfortable, and very feminine.

Not being a fascinator fan, my eyes lit up when I saw Victoria's beautiful whimsy. It is one of the softest and most feminine peices of millinery she has ever worn. And the earrings seagued effortlessly from the hat to the coat. Her clutch was just a little different and her shoes elegant but, post ankle injury, not as high as she used to wear.

The finishing touch to Victoria and her ensemble was Daniel in his navy suit which matched well with her coat and his pale blue silk tie that picked up the light blue from her dress. Just perfect.

:previous: Totally agree...

the pieces, althought not of my taste, combine together very well on her IMO

Funny how people have different views, one of the things I love about this forum. For me there is no way how the coat and the dress can be worn together, a major mismatch. I like both pieces individually though.

For me different patterns can be worn together PROVIDED they are linked by colour AND they are of different scale [i.e one small, and one larger.]

so these to patterns together fail because [altho' linked by colour] the stripe and the geometric are too close in scale, thus confusing the eye. If the stripes had been larger they would have worked together well.

After having taken a closer look at Victoria's outfit, I have now changed my opinion. I still think that all in all she looks nice, although the patterns clash for me but I quite like the coat individually. I'm not the biggest fan of her dress, from what I can see of it.

I've looked and looked at this and I just don't care for the overall look. It looks to me like she just went into the closet, and said 'there's a blue coat". She looked next to it and said,"there's a blue dress." Then pulled her hair in a tight ponytail with a twist, put a blue headband on with a poof of something, added some blue earrings, shoes and clutch and ran out of the door. I'm probably in the minority, but I just don't like it.

The horizontal stripes are a miss here, especially on a coat. Just a tad too busy for my taste, and paired with the pattern on the dress, it is indeed a mismatch. I think that if a coat were to be in a solid color, Victoria would have looked better. Not a fan of this particular look.

Victoria and Daniel attended at "Never mind the Gap" -seminar in Stockholm on Thursday. Victoria recycled the by Malene Birger -skirt from last week and combined it this time with another by Malene Birger blouse. She had also different clutch this time. She looks good, the blouse and skirt are nice together and the necklace gives some colour.
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Swedish+Royals+Attend+Never+Mind+Gap+Seminar+8GwM5M0RZesx.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Swedish+Royals+Attend+Never+Mind+Gap+Seminar+5b8uJYptYaCx.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Swedish+Royals+Attend+Never+Mind+Gap+Seminar+1BZxnce-N7cx.jpg
http://shop.bymalenebirger.com/gb/item/sofronia-short-sleeve-blouse-q56883003/

Last edited:
Yeah, quite polished and good... I like her with pale colors

Another horrible oversized costume jewelry necklace, even Victoria can't make it look good. The skirt shape does suit her figure,plus it looks as though it is see through, even though I am sure she wouldn't choose such a thing.

Pretty. It would have been a perfect occcasion to see herhair down. Something different.

I would to say she looks perfect , her outfit very chic I like it very much

The coat and the dress clearly don't go together - the patterns clash badly (and are making my eyes funny). In addition, the dress sleeve should not hang below the coat sleeve and the dress should not hang below the hem of the coat. I was always taught that this was a big no-no, but it seems to be a common look among princesses. So I have to wonder - is it against the law to have a full length mirror in royal dressing rooms?

AND a pair of spectacles

Pretty. It would have been a perfect occcasion to see herhair down. Something different.
Actually, I think her hair is a little less scraped back than it used to be. We are seeming fewer ponytails and more interesting updos. I think Victoria keeps her hair down days for private times or mostly in the evening where she is indoors and doesn't have the weather to contend with. She just isn't the "hair toss" type.

Basically, when you have hair that long you have a choice, team updo or team hairspray (heavy duty). And let's face it, we've all seen really bad helmet-hair, especially on newsreaders. Long, wavy hair but when she moves it doesn't. It's really weird and so plastic looking that you can't help looking and thinking . . . hmm, eye lift, or . . .

In general Victoria looks great. I love the colour combinations as well as the top and shoes. These colours seem to suit Victoria the most. However, I'm not the biggest fan of her necklace as I think it looks a little out of place albeit fitting in with the colour scheme. IMO the outfit would've been better without a necklace or a small pearl one or pendant. Her skirt isn't my cup of tea, but it looks nice on her.

I'm not sure I like how this one sits on Victoria. Something's off...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Victoria in a lovely dress at Kammarkollegiet's 475th anniversary celebrations at the Hall of State today, September 9:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

I don't like the way this fits. The waist of the dress sits too high and makes her look like she's either bloated or pregnant. If the belt/waistline were farther down, I think it might look better. I like the print, though.

I agree - I love the print but not the fit.

:previous: Agreed. But her hair is definitely not "scrupulously scraped back". There is a little height in it and tendrils wisping around her face. :clap:

Victoria and Daniel attended at "Never mind the Gap" -seminar in Stockholm on Thursday. Victoria recycled the by Malene Birger -skirt from last week and combined it this time with another by Malene Birger blouse. She had also different clutch this time. She looks good, the blouse and skirt are nice together and the necklace gives some colour.
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Swedish+Royals+Attend+Never+Mind+Gap+Seminar+8GwM5M0RZesx.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Swedish+Royals+Attend+Never+Mind+Gap+Seminar+5b8uJYptYaCx.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Swedish+Royals+Attend+Never+Mind+Gap+Seminar+1BZxnce-N7cx.jpg
Sofronia short sleeve blouse - Clothing - By Malene Birger

The necklace is from H&M
Product Detail | H&M SE

Last edited:
I love the lastest look reaally suits her the jacket is cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom