Crown Princess Victoria's Daytime Fashion Part 3: March 2010 - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I only noticed the "bags" now that you mentioned them.

I think she looked lovely. Classic and timeless. I didn't like the hair piece but other than that she was dressed appropriately for meeting a Head of State.

The Daily Mail? I would the comment section with a grain of salt.

The black & white dress was one of her worst looks ever IMO. The style did fit nicely but around the arms and the arm pit it looked too big compared to the fitted part of the dress. The white was too white compared to how black the dress was. I don't find it classy nor elegant, it was just boring.
Her pony tail looked like it was tied by a thread, not classy at all.

On the other hand, Carla's suit was lovely.

The style of the black and white dress was quite nice but I believe what ruined it was the low neck in the back of the dress. It threw off the whole design.
As for her pony tail accessory, it looked like a few shoe strings tied together... Not elegant at all.

^^
I like the black skirt and coral jacket ensemble. Her black brooch helps pull the colours together. Nicely done.

I just love everything that she ahs worn in Paris andwell really Victoria can do no wrong for me so I have loved all the posts thanks so much the sixties teal dress was cute, Daniel is doing quite well so here's hoping he keeps the momentum going and remains the silent partner who does good works.

The black and white dress was wonderful, really classy and elegant.

While I absolutely love Victoria's regal style in clothing, the hairclips are ridiculous, look good on little girls but not on a grown woman. Not only not age appropriate but also cheap looking, ruining the whole look.
There must be something more stylish to find when doing a bun etc.

She is indeed and this is what ruins the fit of the dress! It is very nice from the front but the back... No. It just looks silly and the pony tail with the ridiculous shoe laces looks even worse. A big miss this time for the lovely newlywed...

Victoria today, arriving for the service at Storkyrkan, part of the opening of the parliament festivities.
SvenskDam
SvenskDam
I like the upper part of the outfit, but the skirt isn´t my favourite.

Victoria today, arriving for the service at Storkyrkan, part of the opening of the parliament festivities.
SvenskDam
SvenskDam

Is she mourning someone? I don't understand the black head to toe.
Lovely jacket and lovely skirt but not together.

Is she mourning someone? I don't understand the black head to toe.
Lovely jacket and lovely skirt but not together.

The royal ladies wear always black or grey at the opening of the parliament, Queen Silvia has also a black outfit according to this photo:
ANP Beeldbank

The royal ladies wear always black or grey at the opening of the parliament, Queen Silvia has also a black outfit according to this photo:
ANP Beeldbank

I didnt realize that, thanks for letting me know. Is it only the royals? Ive seen the picture galleries and some women are wearing color.

I didnt realize that, thanks for letting me know. Is it only the royals? Ive seen the picture galleries and some women are wearing color.

Queen Silvia wore a red dress at the Opening of Parliament in 1976, but then she introduced black as dress code at the event - perhaps, to refer back to earlier times using COURT DRESS for the opening of the Riksdag. The court dress is black and white (here you can see Victorias grandmother Sibylla: Sibylla 252bcourt dress image by cfarnon on Photobucket) ... but it is also a marker from the queen (and CP ) that it is not the royals who are in focus this day, but the Parliamentary members (who also are more colorful dressed, for example in costume)

SvenskDam
SvenskDam

It looks okay, is this a good outfit for the opening of parliament? :ermm:

It looks okay, is this a good outfit for the opening of parliament? :ermm:

Why not? It's an elegant, smart, nice outfit. Why wouldn't it be appropriate for an opening of the Parliament?

The skirt doesnt look good together with the jacket due to very different fabric.

The skirt doesnt look good together with the jacket due to very different fabric.

Many top / bottom combinations are of different fabrics. Combining different fabrics doesn't meant something doesn't look good.

Unfortunately, in this instance, it does make a difference. The different fabrics just do not look good together. The color is off, as well.

They are most propably both black, only the different fabrics make it look like different colours.

Yes, I understand that, Sternchen, and I thank you for pointing that out. It still doesn't look smart or chic, imho.

SvenskDam
SvenskDam

Victoria looks so elegant! She really looks like Silvia in a lot of these pictures.

SvenskDam
SvenskDam

Is this the same jacket that she wore in a coral color in Paris?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom