The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 06:58 AM
Courtier

I like pastel colors, especially that salmon pink of her coat but I didn't quite like these shades of pink and mint put together. Her jacket looks like it was several sizes too large for her. I liked her hair.
Quite truthfully I expected more from her fashion-wise during this visit, but she's been quite dissapointing with her fashion choices.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I am not sure about that outfit. I want to like it...but something is off.

LaRae
Not a good match for the occasion.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:10 AM
Courtier

The colors are nor flattering.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-Anne View Post
I like pastel colors, especially that salmon pink of her coat but I didn't quite like these shades of pink and mint put together. Her jacket looks like it was several sizes too large for her. I liked her hair.
Quite truthfully I expected more from her fashion-wise during this visit, but she's been quite dissapointing with her fashion choices.

There’s something off about it. I like pastels too, but this doesn’t quite work together. The jacket does look large. I think the belt is too wide too.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
There’s something off about it. I like pastels too, but this doesn’t quite work together. The jacket does look large. I think the belt is too wide too.
I completely agree about there being something off about this outfit. The coat is too big and the colors, although they are all pastel, don't go well together. I've seen much better from her, the outfits for this visit are just okay, nothing wonderful. Guess she is letting her visitors have the spotlight, which is actually very refreshing and thoughtful.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-Anne View Post

I never like her hair.

That skinned back look is horrible, it emphasizes her jaw and makes her look like a nutcracker.
She needs a more flattering, layered cut.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
CP Victoria today at the second day of the visit of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...02a&m=icellofo
I love the look. Love those colors together.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great pieces. The suit is killer, but could have done without the frilly blouse. The coat is great too, but a visible blazer underneath a coat is always slightly awkward looking.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I love the look. Love those colors together.
I love these colors together too. But the jacket is at least one size too large.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:29 PM
Serene Highness

Except for the frilly blouse, I love her look.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I never like her hair.

That skinned back look is horrible, it emphasizes her jaw and makes her look like a nutcracker.
She needs a more flattering, layered cut.
From your lips to God's ear!

Her severe slicked back hairstyle does nothing for her at all. I hate it.

LaRae
Old 01-31-2018, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The coat is nice but not paired with that suit ,as separate pieces they are very elegant but the colours kind of clash when all worn together.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The coat is nice but not paired with that suit ,as separate pieces they are very elegant but the colours kind of clash when all worn together.
I thought that, then stepped back and squinted. I think both days that Vic and Kate kind of coordinated their day looks. And from 20 feet, I quite liked the suit and coat. I just find most pant suits (including this one) dull, dull, dull.

And after pictures of the tea, I realized CPV was dressing with an end game - that room for the tea and what her children were wearing. With that reference, her suit is quite brilliant. Even if I don't love that some ladies wear too many pant suits, I think as a set piece that it paid off in this case.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:34 PM
Majesty

First photos I saw were in the palace, with the kids. Without the coat:

I loved the suit. Not often a fan of pastels but it works here. I love the vintage safari feel, the color gives it a bit of a twist. Like pastels, I am not usually a fan of frilly blouses, but I think it works with the structured suit. Fantastic look. And she looks great with her kids as well.

But then I saw the coat

I hate the salmon coat. The color is awful, especially with the suit. And it is too large.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:58 PM
Heir Apparent

The outfit is too much for her size. The belt is too wide, the pocket flaps are too big, the overcoat is too big. Her clothes are wearing her, not vice versa. Too many points of interest. I particularly don’t like the spike heels, just doesn’t seem like a good winter footwear.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

This outfit was one of the best I have ever seen on Victoria. The colours of the coat and suit look so good together, and the clutch matches too. You need an oversized coat when you have a suit under it. And what a suit, so beautiful and fitted so well. The oversized belt is a great choice to the suit and makes it special. This kind of blouse looks good with a suit. Victoria's hairdo was beautiful, her ponytail looked good with this outfit.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

And a big plus for Victoria for wearing swedish fashion.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Victoria in a recycled suit meeting with David Beasley, Executive Director of the World Food Programme, at the Royal Palace today, February 2:

** Upper part ** November 2017 **

And yesterday, February 1, at the Living History Forum in Stockholm, recycling another suit in blue:

** Full view ** October 2017 **
Old 02-05-2018, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Victoria in a recycled lace blouse by Erdem x H&M and black skirt at a seminar about the 200 years of the Bernadotte dynasty at the Royal Palace today, February 5:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** October 2017 **
Old 02-05-2018, 08:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Victoria in a recycled lace blouse by Erdem x H&M and black skirt at a seminar about the 200 years of the Bernadotte dynasty at the Royal Palace today, February 5:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** October 2017 **
I love the look. The blouse is very beautiful.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

The proportions are awful. I actually think in the last month, she's often missed on proportions that work for her.

But nothing wrong with the elements and certainly a workable outfit. I just wish it were put together differently.