Crown Princess Victoria's Daytime Fashion Part 13: January 2018 - September 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The coat is nice but not paired with that suit ,as separate pieces they are very elegant but the colours kind of clash when all worn together.

I thought that, then stepped back and squinted. I think both days that Vic and Kate kind of coordinated their day looks. And from 20 feet, I quite liked the suit and coat. I just find most pant suits (including this one) dull, dull, dull.

And after pictures of the tea, I realized CPV was dressing with an end game - that room for the tea and what her children were wearing. With that reference, her suit is quite brilliant. Even if I don't love that some ladies wear too many pant suits, I think as a set piece that it paid off in this case.

First photos I saw were in the palace, with the kids. Without the coat:

I loved the suit. Not often a fan of pastels but it works here. I love the vintage safari feel, the color gives it a bit of a twist. Like pastels, I am not usually a fan of frilly blouses, but I think it works with the structured suit. Fantastic look. And she looks great with her kids as well. :flowers:

But then I saw the coat :ermm:

I hate the salmon coat. The color is awful, especially with the suit. And it is too large.

The outfit is too much for her size. The belt is too wide, the pocket flaps are too big, the overcoat is too big. Her clothes are wearing her, not vice versa. Too many points of interest. I particularly don’t like the spike heels, just doesn’t seem like a good winter footwear.

This outfit was one of the best I have ever seen on Victoria. The colours of the coat and suit look so good together, and the clutch matches too. You need an oversized coat when you have a suit under it. And what a suit, so beautiful and fitted so well. The oversized belt is a great choice to the suit and makes it special. This kind of blouse looks good with a suit. Victoria's hairdo was beautiful, her ponytail looked good with this outfit.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

And a big plus for Victoria for wearing swedish fashion.

Victoria in a recycled suit meeting with David Beasley, Executive Director of the World Food Programme, at the Royal Palace today, February 2:

** Upper part ** November 2017 **

And yesterday, February 1, at the Living History Forum in Stockholm, recycling another suit in blue:

** Full view ** October 2017 **

Victoria in a recycled lace blouse by Erdem x H&M and black skirt at a seminar about the 200 years of the Bernadotte dynasty at the Royal Palace today, February 5:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** October 2017 **

Last edited:
The proportions are awful. I actually think in the last month, she's often missed on proportions that work for her.

But nothing wrong with the elements and certainly a workable outfit. I just wish it were put together differently.

Not this one again :ermm: The neck looks like an Elizabethan ruff, and the cuffs aren't helping either.

And as always I find the black trim juvenile look on any adult woman. :sad:

But looks much better with the skirt then did with the pants last time.

Not this one again :ermm: The neck looks like an Elizabethan ruff, and the cuffs aren't helping either.

And as always I find the black trim juvenile look on any adult woman. :sad:

But looks much better with the skirt then did with the pants last time.

I agree with all of this, but there is something about the blouse that I like. Don't know what it is, because I dislike most of the individual elements of it :confused:

It is terrible - on so many levels. The cut/fit, the material, and the pattern (although I love blue, green, & white together, this particular print seems garish). And the cut seems too casual for the high neck of the blouse.

Her eye make-up looks fantastic.

Victoria please fire your stylist!!!!

LaRae

What has happened to our effortlessly classic Victoria? That jacket is so ugly and the colours are just awful . . . I wish I could unsee it! :eek:

Yeah the first time I saw this jacket I thought it must belong to Silvia and was hidden in the closet for a couple decades...

I like both looks. An elegant purple look.

The purple suit is lovely and one of her best outfits after a few so-so fashion weeks .

Love the burgundy pants suit with its lovely soft rosy blouse. She looked elegant and business-like but also very feminine. It seems she is flirting with a monochrome look and to be honest, it's a good look on her.

Looks like she got her mo-- back. All we need no is the --jo! :D

I'm not a fan of Victoria's first outfit even though I like the colour. The purple together is just a bit much for me, though the second outfit is very elegant.

I’m ready for everyone to move on from lace - not likely, I know, because I’m still seeing it everywhere in real life in addition to it being all over the place in celebrity/royalty land - so I was prepared to hate this blouse just based on the description of it being lace. That being said.. it’s not awful. I don’t love the fit and think it makes her look kind of matronly but it’s a pretty colour on her and the details are nice.

Missed the look on the 8th, wish I hadn't just missed it all together. Horrid jacket. Shiny material, the stripes, colors, just horrible. Reminds me of some hideous men's sport coat from the 70's.

Today was fantastic. I love the suit, and the beautiful top under. Lovely :flowers:

What I see of the second look is simple and professional. ?

Love her Valentine's Day looks. Elegant and professional. No lace, and nothing looks like her mother wore it circa 1982.

Crown Princess Victoria in a blue velvet dress during the welcome ceremony for the celebration of the Centennial of the Restoration of the State of Lithuania in Vilnius today, February 16:

** Full view ** Upper part/Side view **

And afterwards with a coat and hat plus boots at the flag raising ceremony at the Presidential Palace in Vilnius:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
So the coat is a black version of the green coat she wore during the Cambridge visit?

Victoria looks gorgeous today. What a fantastic colour at the beautiful dress.
https://www.lrp.lt/data/public/thumbnails/2018/02/resize_1920x1200_dsc_0549.jpg
https://www.lrp.lt/data/public/thumbnails/2018/02/resize_1920x1200_dsc_1137.jpg

I loved the coat Victoria wore at Cambridge visit, so I'm glad that she bought another one of same model from Ida Sjöstedt. The cut of the coat looks great on Victoria. And her hat is wonderful, I would like to have one like that to myself.
Ida Sjostedt - Jules Coat Navy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom