Crown Princess Victoria's Daytime Fashion Part 12: May 2017 - January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This coat looked tons better in Japan when she wore it with the white blouse and plain jeans -- overall look was youthful and chic back then (thank you QueenPenny for posting links to those pictures :flowers:).
But now long patterned coat together with the same patterned ankle-length trousers...I'm sorry but I hate this assemble because overall picture looks too heavy, outdated and for some reason it also annoys me that she wears the coat open. When your coat has a belt [than now just uselessly hangs there], then please use it and it would give you more tidy look!

Last edited:
I love this suit on Victoria. It has that end of summer vibe, you know, the one where you aren't really ready for it to end. The low ponytail with the whispy curls escaping around her face are not your typical "professional princess" look. More "do I really have to?".

Her deportment and smile however, are her usual "happy place" go-to look.

That outfit is getting its use this year. ?

I always loved the skirt. The sleeves grow on me more and more.:flowers:

I really love the Opera ensemble as it's not easy to hit the right note. Too much glitz and it's overdone, too little and it looks like day wear and it's not that important.

Victoria's pink top with its elbow length sleeves and bows paired with a gorgeous black floral skirt with her belt and clutch picking up the darker shades of the pink tea roses were beautiful and fitted her well. The longer length of the skirt also gave it a little more elegance,

However, I love how she "dressed the ensemble up". Her hair was done in a wonderfully flattering style offset with amazing diamond drop earrings and her black suede court shoes had a higher stiletto heel than I have noticed her wear in ages.

All put together she looked perfectly dressed for the occasion

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sfFzptms...GqACLcBGAs/s595/Crown-Princess-Victoria-1.jpg

Uh...isn't that a bit casual for the opera???

LaRae

Victoria's outfit seems casual for the opera, but her hair & accessories dress it up a bit. Love the skirt, but still not a fan of the statement sleeves that seem to be everywhere.

The days when people wore gowns and opera gloves to the opera are long over. Except for major events. Go to the opera you fill see people in everything from jeans to cocktail dresses and everything in between. She falls quite comfortably in mid ground. Especially as it seems it was day time out.

She is wearing a skirt and blouse to the opera???

Uh...isn't that a bit casual for the opera???

LaRae
As you can see from how light it is it is not an evening event and the other ladies in the photos are all also wearing short dresses and pearls etc.

Thank you LadyFinn, you've got a wonderful profile shot of Victoria and it shows how beautiful her updo is.

Her updo is nothing unusual...I wish we could see something besides this.

LaRae

There was only one other lady in all the pictures. She wore a black dress and pearls. Cp Victoria wore a pink blouse and patterned skirt, you decide

:previous:

The lady with the black dress and pearls, she looked very elegant and a bit more formal for the opera......CP Victoria, a bit on the casual side in a skirt and blouse....I chose the lady in the black dress for the opera any day.

It's okay..nothing out of the ordinary or new. Good color.

LaRae

Very much like the dress and especially the color. :flowers: But why-oh-why that color purse? If the shoes were the same color as the purse, okay.

I usually don't notice such but it seems like an oversight on her part since she usually attends to that kind of detail. ;)

:previous:

Love the color of the dress and love the color of the purse, but there is nothing to tie the two together.

Lovely outfit, but I would have liked to see another colour on the shoes.

Pretty dress. I do wish she'd let her hair down occasionally. I would love to see her with a soft layered cut.

Crown Princess Victoria attended today at Gordon Goodman Memorial Lecture at the Royal Academy of Sciences in Stockholm.

Lovely look!

https://www.profimedia.cz/data/image-large-preview/1/0350082330/profimedia-0350082330.jpg
https://www.profimedia.cz/data/image-large-preview/1/0350082637/profimedia-0350082637.jpg
https://www.profimedia.cz/data/image-large-preview/1/0350082332/profimedia-0350082332.jpg
Very much like the dress and especially the color. :flowers: But why-oh-why that color purse? If the shoes were the same color as the purse, okay.

I usually don't notice such but it seems like an oversight on her part since she usually attends to that kind of detail. ;)
Pretty dress. I do wish she'd let her hair down occasionally. I would love to see her with a soft layered cut.
Today 04:54 AM
I think Victoria was using her purse as the colour break. Let's face it, more often than not when we see a royal lady with matching accessories such as shoes and purse we hear loud crys of too much matchy matchy, which is a no win situation. Me? I liked the blue against the soft rose pink.

I love the colour and the overall fit of the dress however, the cuffs were a little long and the belt was was so long it hung below the waist. So, she either got a size to big or has lost weight. Either way he looked as polished as we expect with immaculate hair and makeup, particularly her lipstick which was in a complimentary yet deeper rose pink. Sheer pastels was her out.

As to Victoria getting a layered hair cut I can't see it. Iwouldn't mind betting that on a typical work day she puts her hair up in less than five minutes. Layering would require blow drying and styling and I don't believe she has either the time nor the patience to add to her already full schedule. She wears tiara's so often it must be wonderful to not have to use too many "props" to enable her to carry them and her updos with hats and especially tiaras are amazing.

The dress is very pretty, soft and feminine. The color is beautiful :flowers:

I like the blue purse. Blue is a complimentary color. And using an accessory in another color is quite popular. In brighter shades it would be considered a pop of color. Here is just acts to break up the color.

:previous: The more I see it the more I like it as neither the dress nor the bag are pastels. The blue makes a softer statement than a "pop of colour" would.

Victoria indeed looks very lovely in that dress, yet then she is a beautiful woman to begin with and knows what looks good on her.

Victoria's pink dress is beautiful. The colour is gorgeous on her and I like it against the white background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom