The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 02:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Crown Princess Victoria in a dress with dots during a visit and seminar in Tokyo, a bit too much on the one hand, fresh, modern and funny on the other hand

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Full view 3 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
She looks very lovely. I love the colors.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:04 PM
Nobility

I love this dress, except for the scarf part. As much as the DM loves to go on about outfits being recycled because they are worn 3 times, the Swedes are the recycling champs!

I agree that Victoria needs a new hair style. While I do appreciate that it is out of her face and not full of extensions, she looks so severe and matronly with her hair always pulled back like that. A few inches off, maybe some soft layers and highlights would do wonders. And she could still keep enough length for the awesome Swedish tiara hair. But I bet she can whip her hair into a bun in about 5 seconds

Old 04-19-2017, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

She very much needs a new hairstyle...it would help soften that jaw line also if she had something softer and more framing to her face..

LaRae
Old 04-19-2017, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

I think the ponytail is all about practicality - it's easy to do by yourself & goes fairly quickly.
I remember Hillary Clinton saying something along those lines when she had hers during her time as a Foreign secretary - quick, looks nice, no hair in the face & you can do it by yourself.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I think the ponytail is all about practicality - it's easy to do by yourself & goes fairly quickly.
I remember Hillary Clinton saying something along those lines when she had hers during her time as a Foreign secretary - quick, looks nice, no hair in the face & you can do it by yourself.

A short layered cut is also quick to manage and looks polished.
And it would be much more becoming.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:46 PM
Heir Apparent

A short look can be just as much work to maintain as long. You have bad hair days either way. At least with long, if bad day, you can pull a bun or ponytail. Keeping length is practical for someone who is low maintenance.

I would love to see her experiment with loose looks.

I love the style of this dress and the colors. Not always a fan of Polk a dots but think works here. The style is quite conservative, older, the Polk a fits at least give it a bit if a younger feel.

The swedes do sure give new meaning to recycling.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenPenny View Post
I love this dress, except for the scarf part. As much as the DM loves to go on about outfits being recycled because they are worn 3 times, the Swedes are the recycling champs!

I agree that Victoria needs a new hair style. While I do appreciate that it is out of her face and not full of extensions, she looks so severe and matronly with her hair always pulled back like that. A few inches off, maybe some soft layers and highlights would do wonders. And she could still keep enough length for the awesome Swedish tiara hair. But I bet she can whip her hair into a bun in about 5 seconds
Hey it's all about those 5 seconds! She probably has people coming at her with info on this place, these people, who's who, etc. Getting your grooming finished sooner rather than later is a gift and more to the point, she can concentrate on what people are yapping about while she does it!

Besides that, I think Victoria has more occasions to need superb updos and loose hair styled by professionals annually than any other CP.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:04 AM
Majesty

CP Victoria on the third day in Japan visit the Tsukiji market the world’s largest fish and shellfish market

http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...a2f&m=icjcconj
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...a2f&m=jhjgaflh
http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...a2f&m=kbmiclje

and later Crown Princess Victoria visiting the Hama Rikyu Gardens in Tokyo

http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...a2f&m=gimmdfkc
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...a2f&m=bkmamlke

For both visits Victoria is perfect dressed!
Old 04-20-2017, 03:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
First let me say that I love that she is wearing her mother's dress, that is very special. Secondly, the dress looks fabulous on her, the cut is wonderful and her figure looks top notch. I say go shopping in her mother's closet more often (except that bat-wing dress she wore to the Nobel ceremony, that needs to be burned).
Absolutely! Totally agree, wearing her Mothers dresses is really great and special.
BTW, she had 2 bat-wing dresses, one in white, one in red
BYe Bine
Old 04-20-2017, 03:31 AM
Nobility

I really like the outfits she wore on the third day. She looks fresh and young when wearing stronger colors and no granny style outfits. Finally something I liked at lot on her :)
BTW: Japan is wonderful place to visit during spring time with all those blooming flowers and fruit trees.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
CP Victoria on the third day in Japan visit the Tsukiji market the world’s largest fish and shellfish market. http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...a2f&m=jhjgaflh
Loving this coat. This photograph has the perfect lighting for setting its color and pattern off to best advantage.

Victoria looks nice, too.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:13 AM
Serene Highness

love the trousers and over coat look
Old 04-20-2017, 06:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
CP Victoria on the third day in Japan visit the Tsukiji market the world’s largest fish and shellfish market

http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...a2f&m=icjcconj
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...a2f&m=jhjgaflh
http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...a2f&m=kbmiclje

and later Crown Princess Victoria visiting the Hama Rikyu Gardens in Tokyo

http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...a2f&m=gimmdfkc
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...a2f&m=bkmamlke

For both visits Victoria is perfect dressed!
For the morning outfit:
Coat from StyleIn
Top (I think) from Tiger of Sweden
Bag from Hippi Grace
Shoes from Adidas by Raf Smith
Earrings from Linda Fallenius

2nd Outfit:
Earrings Kreuger Jewelery
Dress from Camilla Thulin
Bag from Rizzo
Shoes are new / unidentified
Old 04-20-2017, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Victoria in another nice dress at a seminar at the Swedish Embassy in Tokyo today, April 20:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **
Old 04-20-2017, 08:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Victoria in another nice dress at a seminar at the Swedish Embassy in Tokyo today, April 20:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **

It's from the H&M Conscious Collection. Out today :-)
Old 04-20-2017, 09:13 AM
Nobility

I love all 3 outfits!

Her outfit at the fish market, except for the sneakers, is what Letizia's Easter outfit should have looked like. Still inappropriate for Easter Sunday Mass, but much better styling. I like that Victoria wore appropriate footwear; shows a confidence that she knows what she is doing is not all about how she looks. And I am probably a total hypocrite for feeling that way as I post on the fashion threads!
Old 04-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

All the outfits today have looked great! Love the jacket at the fish market.

LaRae
Old 04-20-2017, 09:34 PM
Majesty

The white and black looks are very beautiful.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Three great looks today

I love the casual look. Love she felt comfortable to do sneakers and jeans. The long fashionable ciat and stylish top made it professional enough but right kind if look for market.

Favorite look of the day and trip is the second one. Beautiful fresh spring dress. The pattern and colors are great, and the red shoes.

Third is not my favorite but still pretty. Good choice for the trip.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Great choices for Victoria on the third day. The outfit on the fish market was great, the coat was just fantastic and the outfit was very handy at a visit to a fish market.
The Camilla Thulin dress was fabulous. Finally Victoria wore one of Thulin's dresses, I have been waiting for that. And this is one of Thulin's most beautiful dresses.
When I first saw this year's H&M Conscious Exclusive Collection, I thought that this would be one of the dresses we will see on Victoria. And we did. It is a lovely dress of ecological silk and looks very good on Victoria.
Back view
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria daytime fashion, princess victoria fashion, princess victoria hats, princess victorias daytime fashion