Crown Princess Victoria's Daytime Fashion Part 11: June 2016 - May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this on Victoria. Beautiful color on her.

great out fit on the crown Princess , I really like this look on her

I've always hated this dress, the length, somehow it's too see through to me but matronly at the same time.

This Elie Saab dress is one of Victoria's most gorgeous dresses. Especially the length makes it so wonderful. And the colour suits Victoria so well. This was the perfect choice as a dress to a meeting with the Emperor and Empress. It seems to me that she has once again recycled her Lanvin for H&M brooch, this time at her hair.

Im not fond of the dress on Victoria, the length is quite awkward on her IMO but I do love the color on her and the overall look.

I love Victoria in Elise Saab and escada, they always look great on her

I love the pink dress. Its very elegant and a great color. I love the design.

Quite playful and possibly too young. However, the dotted dress certainly works well in Japan: cute "kawaii" culture.

I see it differently, super matronly/dowdy. But a good choice for the visit.

Great that she is wearing one of her mothers out fits :)

I see it differently, super matronly/dowdy. But a good choice for the visit.

That's what I think too.

And I really wish she would do something with her hair; a flattering cut would really improve her appearance.

A very nice dress and very appropriate to wear a 30-year old dress on a trip much about the enviroment. On another note: if, as it was discussed during the Spanish State Visit to Japan, there is a more conservative dress code in Japan, Victoria is certainly adapting to it - no cleavage and no dresses that are above the knees.

Fantastic and adorable. Great recycling and good for Silvia to hold on to clothes! Victoria has such a great figure, slim and fit

I couldn't believe my eyes! The dress is nice, particular and, even if not my cup of tea, it fits Victoria well as she generally looks good in vintage clothes.

The style is great...not a fan of the polka dot patter/color.

LaRae

First let me say that I love that she is wearing her mother's dress, that is very special. Secondly, the dress looks fabulous on her, the cut is wonderful and her figure looks top notch. I say go shopping in her mother's closet more often (except that bat-wing dress she wore to the Nobel ceremony, that needs to be burned).

I love this dress, except for the scarf part. As much as the DM loves to go on about outfits being recycled because they are worn 3 times, the Swedes are the recycling champs!

I agree that Victoria needs a new hair style. While I do appreciate that it is out of her face and not full of extensions, she looks so severe and matronly with her hair always pulled back like that. A few inches off, maybe some soft layers and highlights would do wonders. And she could still keep enough length for the awesome Swedish tiara hair. But I bet she can whip her hair into a bun in about 5 seconds :ROFLMAO:

She very much needs a new hairstyle...it would help soften that jaw line also if she had something softer and more framing to her face..

LaRae

I think the ponytail is all about practicality - it's easy to do by yourself & goes fairly quickly.
I remember Hillary Clinton saying something along those lines when she had hers during her time as a Foreign secretary - quick, looks nice, no hair in the face & you can do it by yourself.

I think the ponytail is all about practicality - it's easy to do by yourself & goes fairly quickly.
I remember Hillary Clinton saying something along those lines when she had hers during her time as a Foreign secretary - quick, looks nice, no hair in the face & you can do it by yourself.

A short layered cut is also quick to manage and looks polished.
And it would be much more becoming.

A short look can be just as much work to maintain as long. You have bad hair days either way. At least with long, if bad day, you can pull a bun or ponytail. Keeping length is practical for someone who is low maintenance.

I would love to see her experiment with loose looks.

I love the style of this dress and the colors. Not always a fan of Polk a dots but think works here. The style is quite conservative, older, the Polk a fits at least give it a bit if a younger feel.

The swedes do sure give new meaning to recycling.

I love this dress, except for the scarf part. As much as the DM loves to go on about outfits being recycled because they are worn 3 times, the Swedes are the recycling champs!

I agree that Victoria needs a new hair style. While I do appreciate that it is out of her face and not full of extensions, she looks so severe and matronly with her hair always pulled back like that. A few inches off, maybe some soft layers and highlights would do wonders. And she could still keep enough length for the awesome Swedish tiara hair. But I bet she can whip her hair into a bun in about 5 seconds :ROFLMAO:
Hey it's all about those 5 seconds! She probably has people coming at her with info on this place, these people, who's who, etc. Getting your grooming finished sooner rather than later is a gift and more to the point, she can concentrate on what people are yapping about while she does it!

Besides that, I think Victoria has more occasions to need superb updos and loose hair styled by professionals annually than any other CP.

Last edited:
First let me say that I love that she is wearing her mother's dress, that is very special. Secondly, the dress looks fabulous on her, the cut is wonderful and her figure looks top notch. I say go shopping in her mother's closet more often (except that bat-wing dress she wore to the Nobel ceremony, that needs to be burned).

Absolutely! Totally agree, wearing her Mothers dresses is really great and special.
BTW, she had 2 bat-wing dresses, one in white, one in red
BYe Bine

I really like the outfits she wore on the third day. She looks fresh and young when wearing stronger colors and no granny style outfits. Finally something I liked at lot on her :)
BTW: Japan is wonderful place to visit during spring time with all those blooming flowers and fruit trees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom