The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Nobility

And about the golden pumps - yes they are really squeezing her feet. They look all white in several places. I hope she did not have to wear them for too long. They are nice, but look very painful.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
iloveroyals, its not so much the ponytail itself, as the frequency which Victoria wears it
when well chosen, yes it does flatter her
Exactly! It seems like she wears her hair in a ponytail in 99% of the photos we have seen of her. She has very nice bone structure in her face, and she can definitely pull it off, but it would be nice to see her in a variety of hairstyles.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Glad we're in agreement, sgl
Old 10-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Nobility

I like Princess Victoria. Her devotion and dedication to becoming a Queen and a proven leader for the country of Sweden impresses me through and through. If anything I can tell from watching her career at hand is that she perseveres and works towards representing a reliable and loyal servant for the people. Here and there I find that she goes over the limit to capture the expectation of one who is to be believed in and given faith to.
I think her sense of fashion and familiar ponytail sometimes can be seemingly a tangent of her candor which has impressed me yet has left me to wonder if she likes waiting for a later time to show her better. It's a guess and I think so because maybe she has a regard and special design in thought to display a marvelous appearance maybe when she is married and in attest of being in love. Call me a romantic but I fantasize and coin her as such.
I regard her and her siblings and parents with a discerned interest because I love and have loved Sweden for since I was a child. I think and so have other people I have known, thought that the Swedish are truly a beautiful people. So I'm a fan. As I guess I'm a fan of the world at large. But I do feel Victoria is to surprise us upon nearing the throne and we will be driven by an experienced and well taught leader for the Twenty-First Century. I have that much faith in her. I just can't wait to see if she'll marry soon. I wish her the best. I hope her well meaning intentions earn the trust and love of her people. I hope it shows.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

From India, October 16th

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

This is one of my all-time favourites of hers, so I'm pleased to see her recycling it.

ANP Beeldbank
Picture details
ANP Beeldbank

The pics of this outfit are less clear, but it seems to work for what she is doing.
The shoes are nice comfortable-looking flats, which I think is good, especially given how long this visit is.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

This outfit is so pretty! I love the colors.

ANP Beeldbank

Thank you for the links, Marmi!
Old 10-17-2008, 06:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

October 17th:

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/10841438.jpg

I think that one of the predominant fashion trends during the trip has already been revealed: Floaty skirt and a pretty top.

I quite like this combination. The bow on the jacket is nice - it softens the jacket, somehow making it a better match for the soft, floaty skirt (which I like too).
The picture doesnt show the shoes well, but I think that they look nice too.

(You're welcome sgl )
Old 10-17-2008, 06:07 AM
Nobility

Her clothes on this trip certainly fit the country she is visiting, they all have a bit of an "Indian" look to them.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I really like the floaty skirt. It is so pretty. She has made some very nice fashion choices on this trip.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria at Sheraton New Delhi at a meeting with Mr. Rahul Gandhi, grandson of India's assassinated Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
I like this outfit, and no ponytail, a big plus for me!
Old 10-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she looks great. The outfit is a bit of a surprise for me - it doesnt seem to follow the skirt & top theme, but the white pants look great on her and the detailing in the top (sequins) works wonders for the outfit.
And yes, the lack of ponytail is great too!
Old 10-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

This outfit is so chic. I really like the black/white combination on Victoria. It is different from the other outfits we have seen her in on this trip, but it is so pretty.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Todays outfit:
Victoria in Taj Mahal
Daylife
In Fatehpur Sikri
Daylife
Lovely again.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

More from the Taj: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

I think she looks absolutely gorgeous.
The turquiose it great, and the white the perfect complement.
The shoes are nice too.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Why, oh why? Just when she turns out in elegance and style and we all breath a heartfelt sigh of relief and envy, the next event she's scraped her hair back in a ponytail worthy of a 12 year old!

What is with this woman? It is almost as if she is afraid to show the world that she is intelligent, educated, polished, and diplomatic. Every time she wows the critics (or maybe just us on this thread) she metaphorically runs back to mummy, pulls her hair into a little-girl ponytail (believe me guys, there are actually casually chic ponytails) and dresses like a middle aged matron.

I admit it. I am confounded. Any ideas?
Old 10-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Aristocracy

It's not that bad. But maybe her 'wow-ness' can only come out in short burst? And didn't some one say that the pink and black outfit was to younger for her, now she dresses to old? It might be that because shes the heir, rather then just married to it that she has to dress more conservative. Over the past 30 years it must have been drilled into her head that she must always be appropriate and well mannered, so the end result is the way she dresses now.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Crown Princess Victoria made today a visit to Gandhi National Memorial Society at Agakhan Palace in Pune.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
I dont know what to say about her outfit... Although I admire Victoria very much, Im wondering why she acts and dresses like she is 21 years old, not 31. She looks like she is still mothers little girl, not the future queen.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

I do not see anything 21ish in Victoria outfit. Its lovely.
Some people here think that she dresses like her mother and some like a girl.

I do like her style.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think it is that bad. I like the collar of the jacket, and the design is nice.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofajr View Post
I do not see anything 21ish in Victoria outfit. Its lovely.
Some people here think that she dresses like her mother and some like a girl.

I do like her style.
I think most of the time she alternates between the two extremes ....
Maybe a new, fresh hair-do (why not for a change cut the hair, maybe as short a CP Mary did during her pregnancy with Isabella) will do something for her?
IMO she needs to be more of a stand-alone person, not only mummys little girl. But maybe the current image is what the swedish court wants to show us?

Tags
crown princess victoria, daytime fashion, fashion, style