The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I think Mette-Marit looks better with the darker blonde hair. The white-blond just doesn't do anything for her. I think she could probably even pull off a light brown, too. Nothing too dark though, she's pretty pale.

As for hairstyle, she looks best when it's either really complicated or really simple. I loved her hair at Fred and Mary's wedding and I liked it at Ari and Martha-Louise's wedding.
I have to disagree. I love the white-blond! she can totally pull it off with her skin tone. I think when her hair gets darker she can easily start to look a bit washed out or mousy. her engagement period hair color in particular was dreadful that way. if you compare her hair then to now, its like night and day.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
I have to disagree. I love the white-blond! she can totally pull it off with her skin tone. I think when her hair gets darker she can easily start to look a bit washed out or mousy. her engagement period hair color in particular was dreadful that way. if you compare her hair then to now, its like night and day.

I think white-blonde looks good on her at times, but I also think the shock blonde hair looks fake, and my colorist always told me that your color should look so good, people think you were born with it. That's why when I see people who are naturally dark brunettes or redheads bleaching their hair, I hate it.

If she kept the white-blonde hair, but put in some warm lowlights, it would look natural AND like the sun bleached her hair, instead of peroxide. Then I think it would look perfect on her.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Courtier

I love her hair best when it is long and in curls. I must say however, she is really good at pulling of really akward hair styles
Old 03-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Courtier

I love the hair, dress and everything~! She looked amazing that night!
http://img19.imagevenue.com/view.php..._122_110lo.jpg
Old 03-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Serene Highness

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
I love the hair, dress and everything~! She looked amazing that night!
http://img19.imagevenue.com/view.php..._122_110lo.jpg
I'm confused! This is Christina Aguilera not Mette-Marit. Did you mean for this pic to be of Christina or Mette-Marit?
Old 03-06-2007, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Actually, for me, it isn't Christina Aguilera, but it looks like Katherine Heigl?

--just looked again, and it's someone else entirely, but still not MM--

Old 03-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

For me, it's Mette-Marit.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Aristocracy

I agree with Sister Morphine, that a colour looks great, when people assume, that it is natural (reminds me of the slogan: "of course I am a natural blonde, I just wasn't born that way...")
However, I doubt that most people worldwide would question MM's hair colour, simply because they assume, that most scandinavians are "swedish blonde"
What I absolutely hate with bleached blonde hair is when the roots are visible. And with a hairstylist at your beck and call, I wonder if it is truely necessary?
As to the argument that during pregnancies it is disputable whether or not haircolouring can harm the baby, I would certainly say, stay on the safe side and don't bleach, however, there are truely non-harmful colour -washes, that would for.ex. darken her hair a bit and thus make the dirty roots less visible.
Anyway, I just think that if you want to give the illusion of being a different haircolour, you need to consider the work. (and she is not the only one with a serious dirty roots problem...)
Old 03-26-2007, 01:41 AM
Serene Highness

I really like her headpieces (except for maybe 2). She wears them well.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 03-26-2007, 03:03 AM
Courtier

This is a little OT but Camilla doesn't have her own fashion thread that I can find.

What Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwell wore on her head during her ceremony to Prince Charles, was that a hat or a headpiece? I'm not sure now given the images I've seen Of Mette-Marit's head coverings.

(I haven't really been interested in non-British/Monaco Royal Families and being mod of forums that cover them has been oddly educational in various ways---like high fashion.)
Old 04-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

official dinner for the President of Austria, Mr Heinz Fischer at the Royal Palace in Oslo, Norway April18, 2007

picture (anp)
Old 04-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Navy hat with flower for Austrian state visit, one of her better one IMO
http://img101.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_714lo.jpg
rex
Old 04-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Nobility

She looks absolutelly gorgeous in this photo, thanks Larzen!
Old 04-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Navy hat with flower for Austrian state visit, one of her better one IMO
http://img101.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_714lo.jpg
rex
Thats a nice hat, size is suits her well.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Serene Highness

Nice to see her go for a "classic" hat. It looks good.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Commoner

She really looks good in the last picture, but I would like the flower to be at the side, not at the front. Does someone agree/disagree?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahato
She really looks good in the last picture, but I would like the flower to be at the side, not at the front. Does someone agree/disagree?
Im not too sure, i like it the way it is, it could also look good on the side. I guess it wouldnt make a difference to me. If the hat was smaller & the flower the same sizes, than id prefer it on the side also, i think its very common to see the flower on the side of the hat
Old 05-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Serene Highness

These are pics I have never seen of MM before so I thought I would post them. When I came across them I could not believe her hair color. Possibly it is the sunshine that is making her hair look so different but there is certainly a reddish tint that is very obvious in these pics. These pics are from an Easter vacation just months after Ingrid's birth.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 05-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

National Day 2007:
Mette-Marit wearing a new huge hat
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Old 10-10-2007, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Mette-Marit cut her hair!

Finally!!!
IMO she looks much much better now. The long hair looked messy in the end.

Before - with long hair

Now - with shorter hair

What do you think? IMO she always looked better with shorter hair...

Closed Thread

Tags
hair, hairstyle, hats, headwear, mette-marit