Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Hats, Headwear & Hairstyles:October 2003 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think she looks much much better with her hair cut.

I saw pictures when her hair was shorter than it is now and she looks even better, and much more stylish.

It is not so important if her hair is long or short... Because it is her face and her smile which makes her so beautiful and lovely...

i may be the only one who doesn't mind (and in fact likes) her hair to be long...

She has been in much nicer hats.
But not lately. ;)
Lately she has just worn this feather/flower headpieces or simple hair circlets.

So, this is the best hat she has worn since a long time.. simply because it is one of the only REAL hats she has worn for a long time.
(The last time she wore a real hat... must have been may 17th 2007 ;))

But not lately. ;)
Lately she has just worn this feather/flower headpieces or simple hair circlets.

So, this is the best hat she has worn since a long time.. simply because it is one of the only REAL hats she has worn for a long time.
(The last time she wore a real hat... must have been may 17th 2007 ;))

To be honest, I would rather see her in one of her headpieces feather/flower rather than this hat. I remember the May 17, 07 hat, not my cup of tea at all.

well, I really prefer her with hats.
Those headpieces usually look messy on her... as she mostly wears them with open hair (which starts to look messy easily).

The black headpiece she wore for the Nobel peace Prize 2007 :
ANP Beeldbank
I didn't like it at all.

For the Christening of Princess Isabella:
ANP Beeldbank
Can this even be called a "headpiece"?

Her early headpieces were great (e.g. the one she wore for IA'S christening..)... but they turned to look weird last year.

The May 17th 2007 hat didn't find it's way to my "Top Hats worn by Royals" list at all; but I think it looked okay.

And IMO her May 17th 2008 hat was just her best since more then a year now.
I quite like Philip Tracey's style of hats. IMO this hat suits MM. I don't think it's boring.

I like the last two hats. The first one is very nice.
However, MM appears to be much more comfortable in headpieces-fascinators.

Anything that covers her dark roots is an improvement.

she does not have dark roots right now. maybe coloured her hair after the opera opening on april 12.

Mette-Marit entered not only the light colours phase but braids phare as well :lol:
she have braids all the time. pictures from Ballroom's visit:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

I wish we could see it down so we can tell how long (or short) it really is. But having it pulled back with this outfit was the way to go. Otherwise it would interfere with the wonderful neckline of her jacket.

Here are some pics of Mette-Marit new hairstyle.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

I think it looks nice. Nothing spectacular, but it fits with her overall style. I'm pretty sure she has had this length before. I think back in May of '04. It kind of reminds me of Princess Mathilde but a little more of a blunt cut then Princess Mathilde. I like the simplicity of M-M, she never goes too far outside her comfort zone with her hair or her overall style. Same with Mathilde. But I like them for that reason. They seem to put the focus on more important things and resist feeling the pressure to dazzle like other princesses might. They show strength and confidence in ways that other princesses don't.

I am sure she won't keep this hairstyle long... long hair suits her better

Long or short hair, Mette Marit is a beautiful woman who can pull both lengths off quite nicely.

new hair cut looks nice and suits her well. but I am afraid her figure will look bigger with that hair :ermm:

I love the new hair cut , think she looks fresh and chic.

Short or long suits MM. This length is a nice change from the long hair.

Here are some pics of Mette-Marit new hairstyle.

ANP Beeldbank

I think it looks nice. Nothing spectacular, but it fits with her overall style. I'm pretty sure she has had this length before. I think back in May of '04.
Yes, you are right. It has been rather short back then as well:
ANP Beeldbank
As well as in 2002:
ANP Beeldbank

I quite like her with short hair.

It's still the same cut basically, just shorter, I wouldn't even call that a change.

I think its length suits her. Nice change from having it long, but I hope she lets it grow out again after a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom