Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Hats, Headwear & Hairstyles:October 2003 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What colour was the outfit - was it black? Is it okay to wear a black outfit for a christeing? The other ladies, I noticed, mostly wore lighter colours.

Dark eggplant colour with blue and burgundy accents, too dark, just as Marys sister Jane, they both looked like they were going to a funeral. I thought the ribbon was silly, she is a grown up woman, not 12.

I thought the ribbon was okay, a touch of playfulness as a contrast to the drab colour of the outfit.

I liked the ribbon - a hat, like Jane wore, would definitely have been too severe.

But would it have killed her to wear something light under the jacket instead of the black/dark thing? Had that been another colour, paler, with different shoes and stockings, I think the outfit would have looked lighter, and much better. She can look like a fairy-tale princess when she puts her mind to it.

Don't ask me. I don't understand it either. I mean, it's a joyous occasion, right? And it's not as if it didn't matter what she wore since she couldn't hide in the back rows but was a godmother - an even more joyous thing to be. Sometimes I just get the impression she doesn't care enough.

Maybe because it was so cold or something. I must admit, since we have been seeing Mette-Marit becoming a little more adventurous with her wardrobe (a good thing IMO), I was quite surprised to see her dressed in such dark colours for a christening.

But I did like the ribbon in her hair, subtle but a nice touch.

Well she did just have her third baby and I dont think she cares as much to get back in shape as quickly as Mary and Letizia. She probably still has baby fat on and wanted the dark bigger outfit to cover it up.

i like the crown princess' outfit.. including the ribbon on her head...
the only thinng i'd want to change is the colour.. mette-marit looks really great in pastel or bright colours (like icy blue, pink, or at least a much brighter burgundy colour)...

Princejohnny25 said:
Well she did just have her third baby and I dont think she cares as much to get back in shape as quickly as Mary and Letizia. She probably still has baby fat on and wanted the dark bigger outfit to cover it up.

Mette-Marit also only gave birth after Mary and Letizia did, so they've had more time to lose the pregnancy weight if they were so inclined.

52114443.jpg

looking back at these pictures , hasnt she changed !!
she was pretty before , but she has really come into her own!

carlota said:
didn't like it either... it doesn't combine with the suit and is just too big and that colour too dark for her hair.
I liked this hat much better yesterday during Sverre's baptism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mette-Marit's hat today during the celebrations for King Carl Gustaf's 60th Birthday Celebrations
(Source: Getty Images)

Still from Nettavisen, it is even more on the link posted in the above post

Yes, I agree mims111, she looks so lovely in that color!

Pink Tulip said:
Yes, its a great hat. i've never seen it before, do you know which event it is from?

It's from Mette-Marit and Haakon's arrival today in Thailand for the King of Thailand's 60th anniversary celebrations.

Mette-Marit really love these head-pieces...

mims111 said:
I love this hat. Its in color, which fit to her:

Can't say the hat works for me but it really suits her. So for the sake of accuracy, I can say I like the hat but would never ever in my life wear it.

(Source: UK Press)
A very nice white and navy blue hat during the first day of the Crowning Journey

Her head construction for day 2 of the Crowning Journey
(Source NRK, Originally posted by Larzen)

Some more hairstyles
1 and 2 First day of thai celebrations, with and without tiara
3 and4 Second gala in Thailand
5 Spanish statevisit gala
6 Spanish statevisit arrival
7 Holbergdinner 2004
8 Loose and side swept for coronation concert
9 Hat with ponytail
10 Hat with bun

Scanpix, Nettavise, Uk Press, Thai photocenter

This is my thought after looking at several of MM's threads here in the Royal House of Fashion: she is a gorgeous woman, a true example of the stereotypical Scandinavian beauty, but she just does not photograph that well.
When the photos are good, she's stunning, but so often, they are awkward, bug-eyed, have an odd head tilt, or something. Don't get me wrong, I really think she's lovely- I mean, if you watch some of the videos of her, she is always pretty and fresh. And she's especially lovely when looking smiling at Haakon or watching her three children- she has so much love for them.

I really like her hair. It seems to look the best when she goes with the "less is more" philosophy. But I actually think that about her whole style. I don't have anything against curling ones hair but the pic with the looser curls on MM I just don't like as much as I like the straighter styles.

Also I've looked at many pics of MM and her hair color hasn't seemed to change at least I haven't noticed it changing. So is it thought that her hair color is natural or does she dye it to be that blonde?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom