Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 5: April 2013 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
August 1:

The floral details are beautiful but I don't like the dress.

Nor do I. But her hair looks nice!

I actually really love this dress. It fits her style and is pretty. Also, does someone have detail on MM's hair for the pre-wedding party? Was she wearing a braid?

This dress is a walking catastrophy on Mette Marit. God she has no glass at the hotel ??

Mette Marit's body type might properly be described as statuesque, rather than 'thick'. She seems to have a fairly typical body for a woman in early middle age who has borne several children. Both dresses she chose were properly sized and fitted. She is not obliged to be sylph-like nor to wear clothes designed for a much older- or younger- woman.

She is a beautiful and dignified woman who is neither a model nor a movie star. As I recall, there have been other women of similar age and status who have been body shamed for not being a size zero.

It seems harsh to expect her to be something she isn't and can never be.

We do not accuse her to be fat, she is not. We (some of us) consider that she chooses wrong.

I hate to say it, but I think MM looked better in the casual wear she wore whilst jogging around her hotel than in this dress...

July 31, 2015 - MM at Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo pre wedding party. MM in a red lace Valentino Spring 2012 dress.

Lovely dress and a very nice color on her. The hair could've been styled way better IMO.

Mette-Marit ** Valentino Spring 2012

I think one needs to be "wispy" to wear this dress and wispy MM is not.

Mette Marit's body type might properly be described as statuesque, rather than 'thick'. She seems to have a fairly typical body for a woman in early middle age who has borne several children. Both dresses she chose were properly sized and fitted. She is not obliged to be sylph-like nor to wear clothes designed for a much older- or younger- woman.

She is a beautiful and dignified woman who is neither a model nor a movie star. As I recall, there have been other women of similar age and status who have been body shamed for not being a size zero.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that she should be a size 0. There are other sizes (larger) that still look nice. She appears to be tall and there are many occasions when she has looked very nice since having children. She does seem to go up and down quite a bit and at a certain age when one goes "up" it becomes unattractive. If she is not interested in maintaining a healthier, attractive weight then there are plenty of clothes that could obscure that decision and still look glorious. She just makes very bad mistakes/choices for how she looks. She is no longer a willowy looking young woman and since she doesn't seem to want to strive for that it is fine but she does need to dress for it, IMO, of course. :D Also, I know whereof I speak :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
The black details don't suit the daintiness of the print and fabric of the rest of the dress. Mette-Marit seems to like these 'nightgown' dresses, which tend to make her look bigger than she is.

August 1:

I

I have only noticed comments about the choice of dress, nothing to do with her weight or figure. This dress does nothing for her, in fact, it makes her look bigger. The weird bib like front is so unattractive, I don't really see this dress looking well on anyone, even the thinnest, flat chested model.

Another poster described her as 'thick', not I.

Thick means dumb, not sure what the poster wanted to say anyway. I think it was a typo and has already been corrected.

I don't like the look and I agree with those who think that MM fails to chose outfits that suit her body type but unflattering ones that dont make her look good.

Thankfully not everyone is a size zero, but you need to dress accordingly. There are flattering outfits for every size.

Evening reception after the wedding:
http://80.91.34.200/previews/ta/7/eb/w_nor_ta7eb371.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thick means dumb, not sure what the poster wanted to say anyway. I think it was a typo and has already been corrected.

I don't like the look and I agree with those who think that MM fails to chose outfits that suit her body type but unflattering ones that dont make her look good.

Thankfully not everyone is a size zero, but you need to dress accordingly. There are flattering outfits for every size.

Yes, I see that the post has been altered. The original post did not intend to say that M-M was dumb.

One of the same nothing new :sad:

August 1:

OK. I like it. Very Little House on the Prairie. The only thing I don't like is the black " thing".

Well - the dress was floral and in keeping with her taste and with what seemed to be a floral print theme for the day.

But the designer should be shot for that black bib which just adds a layer of creepy to the otherwise summery look. IMHO. It looks like it's there to catch and hide the odd drip of red wine. :whistling:

I have to say I'm not overly keen on the dress for the ceremony because I think the belt makes her look a bit like a bag of potatoes (and actually, I have no problem with her figure), also, the black bits look a bit weird. However, and I know it's not enormously different, I like the dress she wore in the evening. Also, and I think I'm in a minority of me, myself and I here, I like her white blonde hair.

I think she was having a craving for sweets...that head band looks like pink marshmallows or Bon bons or those pink snowball cakes in miniature.

The floral print on the dress is beautiful and fresh. The 'sea urchins' head-band suits the nature theme. I must have different taste in formal wear. Her style seems to be for pretty, comfortable evening dresses rather than more stylish ones that make the most of her figure. :flowers:

I really rather like Mette-Marit's evening gown and have started to like and enjoy the style she has adopted for evening wear. I am not sure about the sea-urchin idea, but I guess if you're going to wear them, Mette-Marit has chosen a clever way to do it - somehow it suits her, the whole ensemble from top to bottom.

Love her dress not keen on her hair style but she does look great

I think she looks lovely, very feminine, yet with a touch of elegance.

Love her dress not keen on her hair style but she does look great

Her hair always drives me crazy- bleached out with black roots! Horrible...it looks so fake.
A more natural tone would be much prettier...

It's a nice dress, but the rear view is particularly unflattering. I agree that spanx might be a good idea.

Also, I am those shoes look odd with that dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom