Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 5: April 2013 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She wears that shade of light blue very well.

good to see her dressing well

Love that the antennas have returned!!! Beautiful gowns/saris on all of the ladies at the state gala dinner.

Mette does not fool around on these grand occasions, she always looks fabulous.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit looked wonderful. I like her new hairstyle.

Mette is back! She looks like a completely different woman when she dresses for a gala event. Simply lovely... elegant, regal, sublime. Now if only she would put just a tiny bit of that effort into her every day looks..hmm.

The tiara and the 1960s-themed hairstyle are lovely.

MM 'a best look ever! Beautiful and regal

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Wonderful look, though I don't understand the shawl: not sure it was a good addition and in white??

Mette-Marit at the gala dinner of the state visit from India
http://www.presidentofindia.nic.in/writereaddata/Portal/Photo_Gallery/24/489_RA4_8705.JPG
She recycled the dress she wore at Madeleine's wedding. :bang:
MinMote.no - Norges største moteside
I thought this "look" was far better than the fussy, floppy hair with the stand up necklace and the neck high lace shrug that obscured the neckline and the sleeves.

Removing the shrug exposed a beautiful neckline and lovely sleeves. Add a classic hair style and her daisy tiara and you have a winner.

The only things "off" were the ribbon-style belt which needed to be stiffened and the wierd shawl/cape/?.

Darn! Just when I thought she'd pulled off a winner you show an up close and personal look and yikes . . . those earrings . . . what was she thinking. They look garish and bold agains the delicate pastel mint green. The bits hanging from the earrings were deep jade coloured.

That officially makes it a bust!

For some strange reason I like the dress from the parliament dinner. The pattern is interesting and her red order helps break it up some. I do wish she could get some height to her tiara or would have worn the amethysts.

I like it on her the colour is very flattering I thing the hair is nice tiara well placed

I love MM's blue dress - I like it more than I did when she wore it to Madeleine's wedding. The colour suits her a lot and I've always loved the Diamond Daisy tiara, it's so pretty and delicate. The shawl/cape manages to work well with the dress. Given her recent fashion choices, I thought this look was a breath of fresh air.

I'm not so sure about her latest gala dress, though I don't dislike it or hate it. I recognise it from somewhere but can't remember where exactly, but I'm thinking King WA and Queen Maxima of the Netherland's inauguration? The colours and patterns together remind me of Delft pottery. I do know that I'm not a fan of her shoes, however. It would be interesting to see a close up of her tiara or the back view of her hairstyle.

Yes, you are correct in saying this dress was the one worn to King Willem's inauguration. I think it is one of the Gala dresses that looks better with the riband and orders as they break up the somewhat fussy pattern. I like it! It is a nice look on Mette.

For some strange reason I like the dress from the parliament dinner. The pattern is interesting and her red order helps break it up some. I do wish she could get some height to her tiara or would have worn the amethysts.

I like red and grey together.

I especially like this long sleeved dress but think the amtthyst tiara would be nicer

Loved both dresses. MM looked great.

A bedspread made out of tin foil? Miss.
:lol::lol::lol:Now that is the best description of the gown ever, and I so agree with you, wasted money on that one.................and bad taste in choosing that gown to wear.

MM has gotten quite thick around the middle for a lady not that old, almost exactly the same shape as her MIL. She might want to rethink the whole sheath dress silhouette. Perhaps a boned bodice with a more flowy skirt would be more flattering.

MM looks lovely.

MM has gotten quite thick around the middle for a lady not that old, almost exactly the same shape as her MIL. She might want to rethink the whole sheath dress silhouette. Perhaps a boned bodice with a more flowy skirt would be more flattering.

Fair point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely dress and the color is divine. I'm not sure about the satin ribbon belt as it is bunching a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom