Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 4: December 2011 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is a nice colour and I like the belt :). However, I didn't really like the long bit at the back...

Nice gown. It'd look really nice if it were a size larger...it's too small. See all that bodice rippling, etc.

The photos are absolutely unflattering and make Crown Princess Mette-Marit appear larger. The ensemble is too noisy. Bronze makeup further aggravates the look.

Last edited:
I don't care for that lace overcoat at all and feel her hosiery should have been a shade lighter. Her hair should be styled better as well.

Does any one have a picture of the dress , with out the coats ??

Thank you for that ! Lovely dress but im not keen on the jacket with the dress

Maybe I´m the only one, but I really, really love that coat!
I think she should have paired it with a simpler dress, though, maybe a plain black one, and definitely I would wear it with nude hosiery, but the coat itself is exquisite for me :flowers:

That is awful. I cant see one redeeming feature. "Mullet" dresses are bad but white lacy frock with thick black tights. Why didn't someone stop her.

This is one of the worst outfits I have ever seen on Mette-Marit. The dress doesn't suit her, and the black stockings, shooties and the jacket are too heavy with it. Black stockings with a summery light white dress are an awful combination. Her hairdo is too plain.
This dress would be as it's best on a young woman at a midsummer party with loose curls.

The black accessories make a bad look even worse.

Yes. This is one of the worst outfits she has worn in recent memory for all the reasons already listed. I understand that when Princesses wear high street fashion there's a good chance someone else will repeat it. But why would you wear something another princess wore less than 2 weeks ago?

Oh dear ! An all-time low for the Crown-Princess. What was she thinking ?

Yes. This is one of the worst outfits she has worn in recent memory for all the reasons already listed. I understand that when Princesses wear high street fashion there's a good chance someone else will repeat it. But why would you wear something another princess wore less than 2 weeks ago?

How would she know? CP's dont follow each other on web sites like this. She is a busy royal and mother. I am assuming that she doesnt have stylist (if she does, they should be fired) who could check this out for her.

Its just a co-incidence that 2 CPs chose the most awful frock in recent times.

Or - CP Mary rang her up and said, "I've a dress I don't need any more..."
The equivalent of a CP Dress Exchange!:lol: Or in this case :sad:

Horrible look. What was she thinking?!

Yes, it´s a very unfortunate look. I disliked the dress on Mary, but she looks great compared to MM.
Why did she think black stockings and boots would look OK with this dress?:eek:

I think some princesses sometimes try too hard to be fashionistas...:whistling:

This definitely falls in the "What Was She Thinking" file. I didn't like it on Mary and thought it couldn't look worse. These photos just proved me wrong.

Don't princesses have full-length mirrors in their palaces?:ohmy:

Last edited:
Yes, it´s a very unfortunate look. I disliked the dress on Mary, but she looks great compared to MM.
Why did she think black stockings and boots would look OK with this dress?:eek:

I think some princesses sometimes try too hard to be fashionistas...:whistling:

I understand that MAry is better in comparison to MM but neither of them look great under any circs in this dress. its a case of bad and badder!

Yikes!! My eyes, my eyes! Make her stop going into her closet without turning on the lights and just grabbing the first thing that she touches!

It was bad enough on Mary, but this is beyond horrid.

It is really bad ... I just do not have words ...

today at the presentation of the Coop Environmental Award
full view 1 - full view 2 - side view - close up

It's the very same H&M dress that CP Mary wore during the Finnish State visit about 10 days ago.

I'm speechless!!!! It is beyond any horror....

This dress on MM, black stocks... and suit.... a full catastrophy

Laura Ingalls... or better Mrs Oleson.. (not Nellie, ... her mother)

I do not want to make comparisons but in this case I can not refrain from doing... Mary looked a lot better, because she is mucht thinner than Mette Marit and that helps a lot with this dress, but of course and the main reason the shoes and the socks Mette Marit has chossen are the worst thing I have ever seen....But we are used to these kind of horrible outfits sometimes in Metter Marit...:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom