Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 4: December 2011 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
or get her a better tiara. The one she always wears looks so pathetic compared to the other royal ladies.

Can it even be classified as a tiara? It looks more like a headband to me. In the photo of her standing next to Marie Chantal it looks even more paltry compared to MC's huge tiara. I think MM has been a royal long enough to earn a bigger tiara not that the one she wore isn't pretty or anything.. just saying.

But I love her daisy tiara! It's nice and delicate which suits her perfectly.

Can it even be classified as a tiara? It looks more like a headband to me. In the photo of her standing next to Marie Chantal it looks even more paltry compared to MC's huge tiara.

Yes it is an actual tiara. Agree on Mc and in fact all of the other princesses have very nice tiaras to wear. Mary's tiara was very big too.

But I love her daisy tiara! It's nice and delicate which suits her perfectly.

I love her daisy tiara too. :flowers: I just wish the queen would lend (she doesn't have to give it to her, just let her borrow) a really nice tiara to wear at these special occasions.

I love, love, love the dress on MM. And the tiara compliments the dress without it overshadowing it. The dress is very detailed and with another tiara, possibly a bigger one, I think the tiara might have been too much. This was a fantastic look for her. The only thing I would change is the lipstick, I think it's a touch too bright, but she looks gorgeous. Who cares about everyone elses tiaras when you have a dress like that and a hubby that is so, so handsome. Way to go MM!

Maybe this sounds like a weird question, but on a practical note don't these ladies worry about their trains getting dirty when wearing white and walking across the floor?

Last edited:
Posts discussing who's gown looks better has been moved to the
Royal style vs. Celebrity style
Thread

Maybe this sounds like a weird question, but on a practical note don't these ladies worry about their trains getting dirty when wearing white and walking across the floor?
It's not a weird question at all Baroness. I've often wondered the same since trains are so popular now. Maybe they just have to dry clean it really well. Not sure.

Just awful! Lose all the black and I think she'd be very pretty.
No black jacket, shoes, and especially tights! The pale delicate dress doesn't go with the heavy jacket and thick Sound of Music leggings.

I love the scarf , does any one know where she got it from ??

I like the soft pink dress with the scarf but not combined with black. It was an unfortunate look, IMO. But I'd love to visit the exhibition, Munch was a genius!! :flowers:

Just awful! Lose all the black and I think she'd be very pretty.
No black jacket, shoes, and especially tights! The pale delicate dress doesn't go with the heavy jacket and thick Sound of Music leggings.
I think the same. I like the dress and the colour but she will be better with other tights

The dress veyr nice :D

hahahaha I’m Not Agree with you , I don’t Like Her dress Very Normal haha :flowers: you remember when you stand against me about Queen Rania Outfit Now The Time Coming to Revenge hahaha :flowers:

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the opening of the Edvard Munch exhibition "The Modern Eye" in Frankfurt,
Germany this evening, February 8 - a nice look with dress and black jacket, only a little colourful highlight
is missing:

** Full with with scarf ** Close up with scarf ** Full view ** Upper part **

Like the close up with the scarf, pretty color. There is something just odd about her hair color and roots, IMO. Time for a touch up.....

I like the dress and the jacket. Nude tights would look a lot better, IMO.

The dress looks nice. I also like the way her hair is curled on the ends.

I don't like the outfit at all, especially those tights. I also think the scarf is just too huge and overwhelming, though it is a pretty color and goes well with her coloring.

Last edited:

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the opening of the Edvard Munch exhibition "The Modern Eye" in Frankfurt,
Germany this evening, February 8 - a nice look with dress and black jacket, only a little colourful highlight
is missing:

** Full with with scarf ** Close up with scarf ** Full view ** Upper part **

I like the pleats on the bottom of the dress. I don't mind the black tights as they coordinate with the black jacket she's wearing.

Last edited:
Love the scarf. The bigger the better IMO.

She seems to wear these thick black tights alot in the winter time.

Not my favourite look outfit wise. The dress and jacket appear mismatched but the worst are stockings; you don't wear such thick stockings with a dress like that. The best I could say about the look is that the shoes and the jacket might have looked good together worn with (completely) different items.
On the other hand, Mette-Marit is positively glowing. :)

Last edited:
Not a good dress with that jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom