Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 4: December 2011 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree, she is paid a salary to represent the royal family. There's a status and a standing that she represents. IMO it's part of the job description to present the royal house in the best possible light. I find it odd that people think the dressing well and being thoughtful and intelligent and well-dressed are diametrically different concepts. Frankly, I think if one can't pull off reasonably pulled together looks it makes one seem arrogantly unaware of one role and dumb.

It's insulting to intelligent working women everywhere to say that the manner that one presents themselves shows a lack seriousness.

But the royal ladies who make the effort to look their best are looked down upon because it seems women apparently must either be one superficial or intelligent. I just don't agree with that supposition.
Well said. :flowers: I agree completely.

I hate the words "she should", I really do :wacko:
I love fashion, I like giving my opinion about royals´clothes, but I´ve never understand why people dare to judge the quality of a person job by the clothes she uses, really :whistling:

Why not? When we go for job interview, do we dress accordingly to the position we apply for? Or do you simply go for a job interview in t-shirt and jeans for a top management position, thinking that you will be hired regardless the clothings you wear? I considered MM's job as a top position since she is a royal and represent a Country whenever she attends an events in the capacity as a Crown Princess.

I find it odd that people think the dressing well and being thoughtful and intelligent and well-dressed are diametrically different concepts. ...
But the royal ladies who make the effort to look their best are looked down upon because it seems women apparently must either be superficial or intelligent. I just don't agree with that supposition.

I think that you read something into my posting that is not there in both sentences I quoted above. I'm not thinking the way you describe the thinking of "people" and I disagree with both statements.

Why not? When we go for job interview, do we dress accordingly to the position we apply for? Or do you simply go for a job interview in t-shirt and jeans for a top management position, thinking that you will be hired regardless the clothings you wear? I considered MM's job as a top position since she is a royal and represent a Country whenever she attends an events in the capacity as a Crown Princess.
But the fact is that she hasn´t attended that event in t-shirt and jeans. She´s wearing a dress with a jacket, of questionable taste, yes, but appropriate.

As long as she doesn´t appear in jeans or sneakers, I don´t get all the hard judgement she receive.

But the fact is that she hasn´t attended that event in t-shirt and jeans. She´s wearing a dress with a jacket, of questionable taste, yes, but appropriate.

As long as she doesn´t appear in jeans or sneakers, I don´t get all the hard judgement she receive.

When i mentioned about t-shirt and jeans, I am not referring to MM but your comment that you could not understand why one should judge another quality of work by their clothings. Even when one is wearing a jacket, there are certain protocol to follow in terms of company, office culture or the nature of events etc. So comparing a sharp business suit or a frumpy jacket, you think that both are ok as long as it's a jacket so it's appropriate? And by putting effort into their clothings, it shows respect and thoughtfulness of the event, meaning homework are done. Take for example, some royals always incorporate a part of the events (be it a pin, a scarf or some relevant colour code) into their clothings. These are not just for fashion but as a acknowledgement of the events and it's also good publicity when pictures are taken and published. In other words, a public person's clothing can be a life-size publicity palates to bring awareness to the events they attended too. So it's not just put on a piece of clothing and get out of the house like us when they are on official events. In addition, I am sure the organizers of events will dress-up for the events in view that a Royal is the special guest. So what do you think if a special guest shows up in a mess? The problem with MM is that she pile-on too many things which is not age and event appropriate. If she really do not care about fashion, just show up in a simple dress without any accessories.

Time to close this thread - thanks for all your contributions!
The new thread can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom