The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

at the banquet after the Nobel Peace Prize Award Ceremony
full view and close up - back view

It's Valentino as well.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post

It's Valentino as well.
It's see through . I don't like it as a result. I also think the waist area makes her look bigger than she is. I do like the idea of separates it's too bad she didn't pull it off.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Courtier

Like the old fashioned look to the outfit. Her hairstyle is gorgeous!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

How beautiful she is and this hairstyle is divine !
Old 12-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
How beautiful she is and this hairstyle is divine !
The hairstyle was nice. It hit her face at a flattering angle and it wasn't too stiff.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks 30 years older! The colors are hidious!
Old 12-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Aristocracy

Ugh this evening dress, separates, whatever is a complete mess. A see-through top is a no-no unless you are in your early 20s and going clubing. Complete miss for M-M on this one IMO!
Old 12-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Heir Apparent

A camisole should have been definitely worn under that sheer blouse. The skirt was too high-waisted and there's too much going on between the frilly blouse and horizontal rows on the skirt. I didn't care for the color combination, either. A definite miss in my book.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

At first, I disliked the look. But after having seen a couple of other photos, I think the dress is gorgeous. It fits well, the color looks well on her, and it is different.
HOWEVER, the lack of proper undergarments is really inexcusable, all they needed to do was either line the blouse, or wear a camisole in nude. It looks as if she wore a white bra!
I think she is tall and slim enough to pull it off, and her hair is terrific.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

It's Valentino as well.
She is such a beautiful woman - with such a radiant personality energy - one hardly notices the dress. She could be wearing anything - she pops out front and center.

Agree about the bra - oopsie!
Old 12-11-2011, 01:13 AM
Commoner

Quote:

It's Valentino as well.
That's an awful dress. No one should ever be able to see a Crown Princesses undergarments! It also gaps open at the front, between the breasts. Not a good look at all. I don't care if it's a Valentino, it's not a good fit for her at all.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Awful indeed. It was a shameful and embarrassing show of undergarments, both front and back. But you have hit the nail on the head. It is Valentino so it must be perfect and appropriate.

But, it is neither and it is certainly not what I would expect to see a mature Crown Princess wearing. That sort of youthful hubris and lack of decorum is usually the purview of 18 year old bimbette who got out without her mother spotting the obvious!
Old 12-11-2011, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator

Absolutely love the look!
Very unique and exquisite. The reveling bra is ok for me, its just a dress.

The hair style is just perfect for her.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:40 AM

It seems like a lovely dress, but not for a crown princess. The dress looked familiar to me, and I realized that cp Marie-Chantal of Greece wore it to cp Maxima's birthday celebrations. Cp Mette-Marit has looked better in previous Valentino creations. However I loved her hair and makeup- she is a true beauty.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
At first, I disliked the look. But after having seen a couple of other photos, I think the dress is gorgeous. It fits well, the color looks well on her, and it is different.
HOWEVER, the lack of proper undergarments is really inexcusable, all they needed to do was either line the blouse, or wear a camisole in nude. It looks as if she wore a white bra!
I think she is tall and slim enough to pull it off, and her hair is terrific.

she didn t wear a white bra at all - it was nude, I guess it was the flashed that made it that visible, if you stood in front of her there was nothing wrong I guess - a beautiful dress

I just donīt get it how some posters (not you) get exited about a bit bra - where and in which century are you living pleas?????
Old 12-11-2011, 06:23 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by justina View Post
she didn t wear a white bra at all - it was nude, I guess it was the flashed that made it that visible, if you stood in front of her there was nothing wrong I guess - a beautiful dress

I just donīt get it how some posters (not you) get exited about a bit bra - where and in which century are you living pleas?????
Mette Marit is my favorite Crown Princess. I rarely find fault with her BUT!! IMO, a future Queen should not have visible underwear. If that's a prudish thought, then so be it. She's a royal, not an actor or rockstar. They are and should be held to higher standards. If not, then what's the point of a Monarchy?

A nude camisole or light lining would have solved the visible bra.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

It's Valentino as well.
Love the outfit particularly the hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoles94 View Post
She's a royal, not an actor or rockstar. They are and should be held to higher standards. If not, then what's the point of a Monarchy?
Sorry but you're relating the higher standards of Royals to the showing of a bra. I would love to see this bra bring down a monarchy, it would make my year. There are more important things than the flash of a camera showing the back of a bra. The close up picture was indeed very close, unless you specifically looked at MMs chest whilst stood in front of her you probably couldn't see it.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:51 AM
Courtier

Love the hair, but I think she's way too tanned

Agree that the bra should not be visible. I'm not getting excited or anything, it's just not elegant/classy (especially with Eveningwear), no matter which century we're living in.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsessan View Post
Love the hair, but I think she's way too tanned

Agree that the bra should not be visible. I'm not getting excited or anything, it's just not elegant/classy (especially with Eveningwear), no matter which century we're living in.
Agree in everything, Prisessan, thank you!
Showing a bra isnīt a crime, but itīs tacky and thatīs a fact! I donīt think itīs so rude to MM if I said that she should have worn a nude t-shirt or something underneat. If it is, Iīm so sorry, but there is no way I would consider that beautiful
Besides I donīt like the dress, I think her hairstyle is gorgeous. It flatters her face a lot. I love those 20īs inspired hairstyles.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 12-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Fantastic hair but I dont like the outfit - too transparent (I dont want to see a Princesses' bra, awful) and the skirt is unflattering and of a strange shape.