Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 3: July 2010 - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Denmark, at least, it is customary to mix up the guest for big events like wedding dinners. The etiquete rule is, that only engaged couples are allowed to sit together. Married couples gets split. Just look at Queen Margrethe's 70th birthday party. All the couples were split up. I think it is a good way to get your guest to mingle.

Mette-Marit attending 'The White Fairy Tale Love Ball' in support of 'The Naked Heart Foundation' at
Chateau De Wideville on July 6, 2011 in Crespieres, France, wearing a white and grey evening dress,
she has worn before last October in New York.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Ive always liked that Valentino dress, its elegant and has a nice cut to it, unfortunately MM ruined it by messy hair IMO. Her hair could've been styled and put up, exactly what this dress needed IMO. A nice diamond cuff would've also looked great.

That's one thing I agree with you, bad hair can ruin evreything

:flowers:I think CP M-M & CP H 's story will go down in history as one of the most Romantic Royal Love Stories ever.

Both young ... before stylists, hair-dressers, make-up artists they saw in each other real beauty, and they chose each other above & beyond anything else = awesome!

Their country should be proud to have them as the future King & Queen;
with real love comes stability !!!

Mette-Marit attending 'The White Fairy Tale Love Ball' in support of 'The Naked Heart Foundation' at
Chateau De Wideville on July 6, 2011 in Crespieres, France, wearing a white and grey evening dress,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I love this dress, but the rest is not the best. (rhyme was not intentional:p)
Maybe not even the hairstyle is a problem but the color of hair, too yellow. Such a dress needs better accessories. Some nice diamonds....

I realize that HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit has past she would rather forget. Kudos to HRH for turning her life around. But her general overall appearance at the royal wedding in Monaco yesterday is simply not one befitting of a HRH Crown Princess of Norway. In one pic taken in Monaco yesterday, her thin, bleached, needs-a-haircut hair requires the assistance of licensed professional cosmetologist. The services provided in any $12/haircut-and blow-dry salon could only enable a vast improvement in her looks.
I cannot extract the 'pretty' and 'too cute' appearance that many within this forum seem to see in her. She is pretty in her own way, but she is no great natural beauty, but she does give an impression of a very friendly, open and warm personality.
I agree - she always reminds me of an aging flower child from the sixties. I don't regularly follow the Scandanavian royal houses but it seems to me that most of their princesses could do with the services of a good hairdresser.

iceflower said:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I've always liked this Valentino dress on MM. She looks lovely once again.

I love this look for MM. Very hippy chic and she pulls if off wonderfully. The hair and lack of big jewels is great, over done hair and jewels would definately been a distraction. Good job MM.

The last sentence also applies to brunettes. The internet article I read this past week stated that gray hair is the most prevalent hair color in the world. HRH should just accept her natural hair color. A youthful look is not eternal (a la Princesse Caroline de Hanovre et Princesse Stephanie de Monaco- the aging process 'is' and continues perpetually. Efforts taken to look younger actually negate the intended effect.
Spoken like someone who hasn't started the "aging process";)

I was never fond of that grey dress she wore at the ball.

I just think she is fab !! I really like her look .

I like this dress but she could have done something with her hair...

In Denmark, at least, it is customary to mix up the guest for big events like wedding dinners. The etiquete rule is, that only engaged couples are allowed to sit together. Married couples gets split. Just look at Queen Margrethe's 70th birthday party. All the couples were split up. I think it is a good way to get your guest to mingle.

Yeah I guess it is a good way to get people to mingle.

I remember this dress from before when she wore it. I really like the marbled look on the fabric.

According to that 2nd link her belt was made out of Swarovski crystals. That's pretty cool!

Celebrating her 10th Wedding Anniversary in this dress, IMO she could have done so much better.

Thanks to LadyFinn for the links, :)

I agree,very boring and she could have done better.

Who needs a grand evening dress, when you got that hunk (where can I get one like him!) standing next to you, three beautiful and healthy kids and smile like Mette Marit?

Not the best I agree but she looks happy. And at the end of the day, that's all anyone can ask for.

Very pretty! MM looks great after 3 children and they both look so happy.

Not her best; the dress shows off a lower pooch (I have 1 too) and make her look a bit pregnant. No, I don't really think she's pregnant lol.

Last edited:
Celebrating her 10th Wedding Anniversary in this dress, IMO she could have done so much better.

Thanks to LadyFinn for the links, :)

Quite a boring dress, there is nothing special about it, the cut is typical and the print has beens ten (animal print in a neutral shade). The only nice part of it, I would say is the belt but I don't think it looks good on such a printed dress.

The gown is quite a dull shade but the belt does add an air of elegance and sophistication. Overall Mette-Marit does look very lovely and the gown is suited to her personal style. Nothing over the top, nothing over done and nothing glitzy. Just simple grace and flair. The Crown Prince does of course look very handsome too.

Last edited:
think she looks great , yes would of been nicer in a diffrent colour , but that is her style .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom