Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwanfan

Serene Highness
Country
United States
What outfits and accesories has Mette-Marit worn more than once? One outfit she has worn more than once is the brown strapless gown. She wore it to an official dinner in Oslo, in portraits, and to a party in honor of Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima's wedding, as well as to the 2004 dinner for bishops.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,880
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 970
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 1,707
Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear

A tread for her gala wear and long gowns

1 Her first long gown for the birthday of "uncle Mulle" Prince Carl Bernadotte 10.01.01 (gettyimages)
2 Then she added a belt and wore it for a gala dinner at the palace a month or so later. Absolutly horrible she looked like a ghost and her hairdresses should have been fired (anb)
3 She also wore it for the return dinner for Queen Elizabeths statevisit 31.05.01 The best look with that dress but far from a favourite of mine (corbis)
4 She also used the skirt a fourth time this time with a beige top for a black tie dinner in Kristiansand (VG)

A red gown with black wrap for visit to Luxembourg for the
Grand Duke's Accession Celebration on 07.04.2001 (gettyimages and dpa)

A gold gown with fur stole for the dinner at Oslo art (kunstindustri) museum 03.04.2001 (VG and Aftenposten)

Last edited:
A pink strapless gown by Ove Harder Finseth for the prewedding dinner of Constantijn and Laurentien 18.05.2001 (medium and dpa)

A midnight blue gown for her first state visit-from Queen Elizabeth 30.05.2001
She also used it for official pictures. The wrap she is wearing Ove Harder Finseth later used for the top of the pale blue dress for Märtha Louises wedding (corbis and kongehuset.no)

Her prewedding gown by Andrè Wallenborg 24.08.2001
She also used it without the flower for the statevisit from Estonia (cover, dpa and scan)

Last edited:
Princess Märtha Louises 30th birthday dinner (bt and VG)

The gala for Märthas 30th birthday by Ove Harder Finseth (allover press and VG)

A brown Vera Wang gown she first used it for official pictures (viennareport)
She used it for her first Gala after the wedding, dinner for stortinget in 2001 (aftenposten)
The preweddingdinner in the Netherlands (VG)
The dinner for the bishops 2004, unfortunatly this is the only blury picture frome this event (NRK)
http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=verawanggaladinner0bj.jpghttp://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=verawangholland25ps.jpghttp://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4387458cj.jpg

Blue dress for Märtha Louises wedding to Ari Behn in 24 May 2002 by Ove Harder Finseth (VG and DPA)

Last edited:
A grey gown with a gold cape for the silverwedding in Sweden (gettyimages)

Also a White gown with white wrap for the concert the next day (gettyimages)

A blue satin and lace pregnancy gown for Polish statevisit by Ove Harder Finseth (siste and VG)

A beige satin and lace dress by Ove Harder Finseth for visit to Iceland june 2004 (gettyimages)

A beige dress for Frederik and Marys prewedding concert. By Ove Harder Finseth (cover and dpa)

A pale blue dress for Märtha Louises prewedding concert (gettyimages)

Last edited:
Last edited:
A blue dress for the prewedding dinner for Felipe and Letizia, its by Valentino RTW (cover)

The gown from the costume party at Drammen Theatre febuary 2005 to mark the start of the centenial celbrations. According to Se og Hør both her and Sonjas dress comes from Queen Mauds wardrobe, if that is true they must have altered them to fit because Mette-Marit is much taller and broader than queen Maud. Queen Sonja has said that she herself is one or two centimetres taller than Queen Maud. The purse and fur should also come from Queen Maud as well as all her jewellery except for the earrings (colorpress)
http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sdfsf2jc.jpghttp://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsdsd5dr.jpghttp://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xczxcsd6wo.jpg

Two days before her wedding Mette-Marit wore this white gown which some fashionistas in the papers called a nightgown, she wore it this summer also with a long jacket over, Haakon was wearing his national costume but I cant fin the picture (cover)

A purpel velvet gown which she used when the posed in the ball room at the palace before the wedding, unfortunatly I can only find bad qulality pictures, but its a rather forgettable dress and she covered up most of it with a stole (NRK and Aftenposten)

Last edited:
Mette-Marit looks almost like a fairy-tale princess in pastels. But I have to admit that I think that the Brown Vera Wang gown looks very well on her, maybe an alternative colour to all the black she's been wearing? As well as the Blue Valentino from the prewedding festivities in Spain...

Though, I'm not too fond of the very stark white gown, her light colouring can't take it. And the particular shade of red of the ball gown she wore in Luxembourg... it isn't her, to put it simply...

She wore the blue gown to her prewedding concert and for the state visit from Estonia.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 567
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 716
She wore these gold pants with the jacket and with out the jacket

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 939
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 683
kwanfan said:
She wore these gold pants with the jacket and with out the jacket

:eek: I can't believe she wore those pants not once, but twice. I know metalics were probably trendy when she worn the outfit, but still ick!

thank you so much for the hard work you have done

iMy self i like the "night gown" is is very romantic summer dress

Great pictures!Thanks for starting this thread Larzen and for your hard work.

Mette-Marit wore this midnight blue gown for a dinner for Queen Elizabeth and for portraits.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 627
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,022
This dress was worn for the Italian State Visit and for portraits.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 911
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 954
The same purse used for her pre-wedding dinner and for Frederik and Mary's wedding. A brooch was added for Frederik and Mary's wedding.

Attachments

• 50836826.jpg
    50836826.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 505
  • 1610746.jpg
    1610746.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 4,510
1 & 2) These earrings worn by Mette-Marit to the Nobel Concert last year and on another occasion look the same.

3 & 4) Mette-Marit used this pink envelope purse at the pre-wedding dinner for Felipe and Letizia and in Malawi.

Attachments

• COLOUR10083266.jpg
    COLOUR10083266.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 811
  • CAO8K5CJ.jpg
    CAO8K5CJ.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 860
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 401
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 411
Last edited by a moderator:
This wrap that Mette-Marit used for Queen Elizabeth's visit and Martha Louise's engagement dinner was used for the top of her gown for Martha Louise's wedding.

Attachments

• 0000379701-005.jpg
    0000379701-005.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 470
  • 1022268905.jpg
    1022268905.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,009
Mette-Marit looked so beautiful in Aris and Marthas wedding, the dress really suited her:)

1 Birthday for Prince Carl Bernadotte
2 Dinner for Stortinget, a belt was added
3 Returdinner during the british state visit
4 Just the skirt with a different top during a black tie dinner in Kristiansand

5 Brown Jacket For opening of Cumulus conference
6 The same jacket when going to a christening, she is also wearing the skirt from post 33
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=185358&postcount=33
getty, corbis, vg, korpa

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 759
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 804
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 515
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 868
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 3,876
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:
wonder if we will see a gala dress hopefully a new at the state visit from Japan soon

Skirt for the Galadinner during the Japanese statevisit May 2005
(Source: Scanpix)

The same skirt for the Visit to Iceland june 2005 (Getty Images)

Purplel fur jacket for The Queen Maud Exhibition Febuary 2005 (Getty Images) (First used for the Hoelberg award in Decemebr 2004 )

For the Imperial Couples return dinner May 2005
scanpix

White dress with blue print
Spanish State Visit (Scanpix)

Private Summer Party (Se og Hor)

Last edited by a moderator:
A purpel off the shoulder dress that according to Tique is by Arne & Carlos. She has worn it twice, first for the banquet for the Hoelberg award in Bergen around christmas 2004 and then for the reception at the Norwegian abassador in London after the opening of the Queen Maud exhibition, the picture is from London. Not my favourite but the colour is nice (Se og Hør and Tique)
3ac8dm.jpg
mette5ej.jpg

For the Statevisit from Japan Mette-Marit used the skirt by Ove Harder Finseth from the visit to Iceland and has gotten a new lace top to it. Her weddingtiara and the diamondearrings after CP Märtha (Siste and Aftenposten)

A new purpel dress with many layers. She is wearing The Queens Amethyst earrings, brooch and bracelet and her own Amethyst ring.
Pics from uk press thanks to pdas

Last edited:
For the Gala June 10th for the Swedish royals Mette-Marit recycled her dress by Ove Harder Finseth (pic 1 and 2) that she first wore for Frederiks prewedding dinner (pic 3). She wore the amethyst jewellerys and amethyst coloured shoes and purse
(Scanpix, C. Hammarsten, cover)
http://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=ingrid00018oy.jpghttp://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=gala2ku.jpghttp://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=gala29tz.jpg

A brown, black, and green one strap Prada dress for the evening reception for the christening of Odysseas Kimon in Greece. Deffenelty different from her recent über conservative style. She is wearing her amethyst and aquamarine earrings and a pearl (possible fake) bracelet (ukpress)

Last edited:
Larzen said:
A pink dress for the Italian statevisit and official picture by Valentino

Actually that dress is not Valentino... but a copy...

Thank you for pointing that out,:) it was Se og Hør that wrote it was Valentino and they often get it wrong, do you know who made it or a source that it is a copy?

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Thank you for pointing that out,:) it was Se og Hør that wrote it was Valentino and they often get it wrong, do you know who made it or a source that it is a copy?

I know, Se og Hør often get things wrong - but their Royal-reporter is excellent at spotting things...
But I must say - by looking at this thread - that you are wayyy better than him... :)

But back to the pink dress - as far as I know it's a "copy dress" made by an international confection designer... But it was bought in an Norwegian store who ordered it especially for Mette-Marit.

It's nice.. but my favoritte right now is the Prada gown she wore in Athens..
It seems she gets alot of her gowns made to order...
Like the purpule Alberta Ferretti dress she wore at Oslo Rådhus, a couple of weeks ago...

:)

Thank you for the information. I cant take credit for most of it as I have gotten most of the information from what the Norwegian press has written, even Se og Hør at times... Especially about the Norwegian designer which is almost impossible to figure out since almost none of them have websites

Not totally gala but since it was for a crown Prince wedding where ther were alsorts of clothes featured I include it.

Pictures from cover
A resycled grey lace dress for the wedding in Jordan May 2004, the choice of shoes is questionable

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom