Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And as some of you commented about her hair, now you see it is shorter! I have seen pics og her where her hair look better than inthis picture.

I completely adore those shoes! Those kind of shoes I like! I'm not sure if these shoes are the best for this dress though.

But I love the dress too! It is beautiful!!! I love to see the Crownprincess in colors.

I don't care much for the jacket. It ages her quite a few years. I would roll the dice to a straight 6 if she had dropped the jacket. Now it is a 5 because of it!

Yes, CP Mette-Marit is dressing very good. :flowers:

I love to see the Crownprincess in colors.
Me too!

I would roll the dice to a straight 6 if she had dropped the jacket. Now it is a 5 because of it!
I have never heard someone describe it like that, but I love it!

Jinigirl, I can understand that MM doesn't have the body shape like Queen Raina of Jordan or Princess Mary of Denmark but what I meant was that MM doesn't have the same style like Queen Rania or Princess Mary.

I guess all the princesses are different and know what is fitted them. They all have their own different style of fashion. :)

Great idea, love it when royals promote their traditional outfits, I always think its so elegent.

I agree! It is a lovely way to pay tribute to their homeland.

I agree! It is a lovely way to pay tribute to their homeland.

Well yes and no (And lets be clear here I know nothing whatsoever about Norway - well related to this anyway). I think that so long as it is done respecfully and appropriately its great, but too much can loose its meaning...

I think it's great that they wear the traditional clothes. Lots of people nowadays think that's oldfashioned. They look very good in it to. Can't wait to see WA and Maxima in "Volendammer" clothes (I don't think they will ever do that)...

Well yes and no (And lets be clear here I know nothing whatsoever about Norway - well related to this anyway). I think that so long as it is done respecfully and appropriately its great, but too much can loose its meaning...
As far as I know Norwegians wear their Bunads for confirmation, on May 17th (national day) and for special events.
Norwegians wear their national wear quite often compared to other countries.
Every region in Norway has it's own Bunad.

I don't think MM and Haakon wore their Bunads just to "promote" Norway. I guess there was a kind of "dress-code" in the invitation.

If you want to read more about the Norwegians wearing Bunads ; have a look here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/norwegian-royals-in-bunads-3589.html

Evening event during the 2nd day in Telemark:

Black eveningdress

source: Royals

I love the traditional dresses but this outfit is hideous. MM dresses like a 70 year old. The colour! Thick brown grandma stockings and ugly shoes, the dress is shapeless and in the first picture you can see her bra. What was she thinking. It's a shame because MM's blonde hair is special and could be the inspiration for a chic and stylish wardrobe.

I love the traditional dresses but this outfit is hideous. MM dresses like a 70 year old. The colour! Thick brown grandma stockings and ugly shoes, the dress is shapeless and in the first picture you can see her bra. What was she thinking. It's a shame because MM's blonde hair is special and could be the inspiration for a chic and stylish wardrobe.
I completely agree with you about that dress. I don't like it at all.
Maybe it would look (a little) better with skin-coloured stockings... a little better at least. ;)

Next week there'll be the State Visit from Ireland. I hope we'll see a new Gala-look on MM then. (maybe not a new dress, but it's always great to see her in Galawear. Maybe she could recycle this dress (ANP) again. I love it.)

royals.web-log.nl has better quality pictures of this horrible ensamble (the shape less dress, the awful thighs and the hideous shoes). She has no figure at all, actually if you look carefullly around her waist it seems she has rolls. She is hunched and looks swollen, for an instant i thought she was pregnant, but then I hurried back to the threads, I saw no news and then I said to my self "oh Mette Marit!!!. What happened to you??!!!"

royals.web-log.nl has better quality pictures of this horrible ensamble (the shape less dress, the awful thighs and the hideous shoes). She has no figure at all, actually if you look carefullly around her waist it seems she has rolls. She is hunched and looks swollen, for an instant i thought she was pregnant, but then I hurried back to the threads, I saw no news and then I said to my self "oh Mette Marit!!!. What happened to you??!!!"

What happened to her? I don't care, I just love her. She doesn't dress particularly well, okay, but the refreshing thing is that she doesn't try to give herself one makeover after the other or gets expensive stylists. She obviously doesn't need fashionable clothing to boost her self-confidence or to make herself happy. She's the only crown princess who has the guts to wear horrible black pantyhose - I guess she is cold and not afraid to show it. This woman is really, really special. (And I'll never complain about that black pantyhose again.)

She doesn't dress particularly well, okay, but the refreshing thing is that she doesn't try to give herself one makeover after the other or gets expensive stylists. She obviously doesn't need fashionable clothing to boost her self-confidence or to make herself happy.

Well, as a representative of an entire country she ought to care more about her appearance. I would be embarrassed to be represented by a frumpy hunchback. I am not sure if it is the lack of self-confidence or the lack of class that makes her dress so badly. I don't think she is all that special either, she does the minimum required and no more.

I also agree with you (as usual)HEHE. She really has an interesting look, but needs to find clothes for her body type, and add the right colors for her complexion. I always liked her in blues. If she's going to do plain black then add some better jewelry.;)

Well, I don't care for that brown dress and ditto stockings and those shoes. This was a fashion mistake big time. The other outfits I've seen her in on this trip, is very nice.

When it comes to national costumes, as the bunads, I don't think they're over worn at all. It is a very expensive piece od clothing, and it is common to use it as previous said in this thread at the confirmation, constitution days, but also as guests in weddings, baptisms and so on. Most people wear the bunad very proud, and it makes me happy to see our Crownprince and Crownprincess wear one of the many bunads they have. I'm not sure how many CP Mette-Marit has. But I've seen her in at least 3.

I think the shoes are ok, but that is about as positive as I can be... the bra, the shape, the fabric.............. simple shocking.

I agree with everyone that the black dress looks horrible. :eek: The style of the dress is wrong for her body shape. It looks like she doesn't have any bras on and I think it looks frumpy on her. I don't like her dark black socking but her shoes is nice.

I do not think the dress is that bad, its just nothing :ermm:
it doesn't make her looks good or bad, just none :unsure:

Perhaps national clothes is a good way to look good when you don't know what to wear :D

The style is very similar to her bright pink one. This works better than that one, thankfully.
Its very dark but not black so points to MM for that.
I'm going to wait in the hope that there will be more pics before I 'judge' it though.

MM looks beautiful but a bit washed... maybe a little more make up would be great

better picture of the dress
Bildeserier

The fabric is very nice, and the length is good, but to be honest I think that I would prefer it either without the sleeves or with a different neckline. Just me, but I think it would differentiate it from the pink dress and also give this one more of its own point of interest.

-------------
EDIT:A dress like the one below has more shape to it, but is a similar cut. This is the sort of thing that I would like to see MM try, even without all of the detailing the lines are more flattering for a womans body.
http://www.daylife.com/photo/05sHcrNbqL2Js/brenda_strong

Last edited:
The evening dress is quite pretty, she can pull off such big print because of her height. Like the color as well. I would love too see this dress off the shoulders and/or with a more open neckline to give it a younger look. is this a new dress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom