Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really a pity we don't see more pix of the dress without the jacket, full length

is there a site that has collected all her dresses in photos?
i would love to see them side by side

I find the dress boring. It seems to me she doesn't try very hard.

Hello! To be honest, HRH M-M has had her not so well dressed occasions BUT can't say that she didn't try hard. It's most probably the colors of her choice that made some dresses looked boring.

She DID dressed very well for the galas on King Harald's 70th birthday, HRH Willem-A's 40th birthday, Danish Crown Princely wedding, Martha-L's wedding, etc.

Please let me know if anyone disagrees :) Gracias.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, the dress looks much better this time - I think that it seems to fit better.
About the colour - yes it is pale, but I like that she is not wearing black, although perhaps whites and pale blues (like the Danish CPC's wedding) are slightly more flattering for her.

Mette-Marit and Haakon hosting a dinner at Skaugum:

MM wore a new white dress

Forhåndsvisning av 'anballeskaugum001.jpg' - FotoWeb 3.0

It's nice to see her wearing white (not black, as the last time they hosted a dinner at Skaugum); but I am not too fond of the cut of the dress.
I dislike the sleeves and it seems to fit badly (at her back).

I think Mette-Marit wore a blouse and skirt, but they're both not good for her figure. hairdo is bad too, I'd rather say there is no hair do at all :ermm:
the only thing I like in her look is shoes. :flowers:

Last edited:
well I think she looks great .

31-05-2008 Attending Crown Prince Frederik's 40th birthday at Fredensborg.

PPE

pitty we cant see the whole dress. but anyway I like it. simple and beautiful. :wub:

Hello! To be honest, HRH M-M has had her not so well dressed occasions BUT can't say that she didn't try hard. It's most probably the colors of her choice that made some dresses looked boring.

She DID dressed very well for the galas on King Harald's 70th birthday, HRH Willem-A's 40th birthday, Danish Crown Princely wedding, Martha-L's wedding, etc.

Please let me know if anyone disagrees :) Gracias.
I couldn't agree with you more, KHarold's b-day was the zenith of her "looking good and fabulously dressed" down to the tips of her toes, lately she seems to seem abit careless. could it be that she doesn't have such professional help like the other CPss?

wow. what's the difference between two looks :eek:
its definitely summer dress!

I like the color and the lace details around the shoulders. Unfortunately, I don't think it's the right dress for Mett-Marit. Instead of enhancing her waistline, it made her waist look thick and shapeless. The fabric bunching over top of the belt looks like roll of fat instead. And a longer hemline could show off her legs better rather than focus attention on the less than attractive knees.

What is wrong with her knees? To me they look quite normal. She has very nice womanly legs, so why not let them be seen. The dress looks sweet, but I agree with you about the belt, a little unflattering for her waist. But as a total, I think she looks nice, young og relaxed! And her hair suits her dress. after all, it was an informal party, not a ball!

I prefered the version of the dress she wore on the Henne-Cover.

more pictures of the dress
http://images.sesam.no/scanpix/preview/2008/6/sx66cb66.jpg
http://images.sesam.no/scanpix/preview/2008/6/sx66cbe8.jpg

I loved the dress when she wore it on the Henne-Cover... with this long light-green belt.

But what's that blue belt-thing? She shouldn't have altered the dress. It looked much better before.
And somehow it looks she a color miss-match... Green dress with blue details; red shash and pink Amethyst jewels...
I don't know.

Anyway. It's one of her better galadresses, IMO.
Nice to see her recycling it.

Last edited:
I love this green dress. I think this is the dress design that best suits her :wub:

I'm not a fan of the green to be honest, but she's certainly done both worse and better IMO
I like the cover version better than the gala version though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom