Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Royal House of Norway didn't announce any pregnancy.
So, please stay on topic: Mette-Marit's evening Fashion.
Thanks.

I have to say: Mette-Marit often looked pale and darkly dressed during her daytime events in 2007.
But I quite liked her Gala choices! :flowers:

My favourite dresses worn by MM in 2007:

Willem-Alexander's Birthday
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
Not her very best, but still nice. I like the color and also the little black bow.
The cut of the skirt looked pretty.

Queen Sonja's Birthday Gala
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Sadly we didn't get a full view of the dress... but on the official Group Photo the top of the dress looked quite pretty.
I hope she will recycle the dress soon. I would love to see it again. I like the color and the Leopad pattern. In a way I cannot imagine this dress to be worn during a Gala, or Tiara event... maybe during another formal dinner.

King Harald's Birthday Gala
This must have been my favourite dress she wore in 2007. A true winner. Soft and light colors and a cut that suits her alot!

King Harald's Birthday Concert
I also loved this one. The greek style looked great on her. I could also imagine seeing this dress during a Gala Banquet. :rolleyes:

King Harald's 1st Birthday Gala
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
I was very surprised to see a dress like this on Mette-Marit and I liked it a lot!

I didn't like the faux fur jacket, too old for her I think

am i missing something or is she looking pregnant in some of those last posts

She looks that way in a lot of her photos. It's more obvious depending on the cut of some of her clothing. She has a tummy that a lot of women develop after having several children. I've noticed that when she wears things that have an empire cut or high waste, that it is less obvious.

She looks that way in a lot of her photos. It's more obvious depending on the cut of some of her clothing. She has a tummy that a lot of women develop after having several children. I've noticed that when she wears things that have an empire cut or high waste, that it is less obvious.

Well, she's had several children. Three. She's entitled to a little tummy, I think. :)

Even though Mette Marit is very conservative when it comes to her dress and style, but I would love to see her break out of the "safe" shell for one evening.

I would love to see her in a brilliant gown such as this or try a rich red gown such as this. Or basic black such as this or elegant jeweled toned purple gown such as this.

Many might disagree with me, but I think she could pull it off.

Quite good suggestions, GT!
I would love to see her pulling something like this on!

Mette's style was less conservative in the beginning (at least when it comes to Gala wear).
She looked more then lovely in this fairy tale dress:
Blue Dress worn for Märtha's wedding in 2002
another View of the dress
Scanpix
This dress was really beautiful! Something special. Probably the best she eve wore!

And another one:
The Valentino Dress she wore for the Pre-Wedding in the Netherlands in 2002
Valentino Dress
another View
Back View
Scanpix

She looked gorgeous in this two dresses!
I always hoped to see them again on Princess MM!
But actually, her bodyshape was quite different back then. She was very slender and didn't have the tummy she has now (as a result of having 3 kids;)).
So, if she doesn't fit into these stunning dresses anymore...
I at least hope she will recycle this one one day:
Dress worn for Harald's Birthday - without the fur
Scanpix

she really looked her best during king harold's birthday celebrations in feb07

Quite good suggestions, GT!

And another one:
The Valentino Dress she wore for the Pre-Wedding in the Netherlands in 2002
Valentino Dress
another View
Back View
Scanpix

She looked gorgeous in this two dresses!
I always hoped to see them again on Princess MM!
Its a Vera Wang gown, and she has worn it 4 times already, but only one with the ostritch feathers on the shoulders, official portraits before the wedding, dinner for Stortinget in 2001, WA wedding in 2002 and dinner for the bishops in 2004:flowers: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/183077-post1.html

I

I always thought it was Valentino... don't ask me why :D.
Well, I would love to see it again one day anyway. ;)

oh, i loved that dress! in fact, i think there's no gala dress of mm that i don't like. while her day clothing is much more austere she really dazzles at night in her gala gowns! she has some lovely ones. it's a shame the norwegian royals aren't as keen on galas as others.

oh, i loved that dress! in fact, i think there's no gala dress of mm that i don't like. while her day clothing is much more austere she really dazzles at night in her gala gowns! she has some lovely ones. it's a shame the norwegian royals aren't as keen on galas as others.
They have quite a lot galas and dinners compared to other Royal Houses.
The problem: many of them are officially announved , but "private"... so: no pictures.(just remember the Dinner for the Bishops... officially announced as a big gala... but not a single picture). :cry:

I think she could use more color. Vera Wang and Valentino gowns are perfect for her. Even though she is fair and blonde I have to agree with G.Tiaras that the jewel tones would look absolutely beautiful on her. She could pull them off
easily.:flowers:

I agree with you completely. She looks fabulous in colour and the washed out beiges that she often chooses really do little for her. A few posts back, Her_Majesty suggested gowns with more drama or colour- I completely agree.

I would love to see her in this, this, this, this, this, or this

I love her streamlined and modern style- I'd just like to see a little less 'safe' eveningwear!

I agree with you completely. She looks fabulous in colour and the washed out beiges that she often chooses really do little for her. A few posts back, Her_Majesty suggested gowns with more drama or colour- I completely agree.

I would love to see her in this, this, this, this, this, or this

I love her streamlined and modern style- I'd just like to see a little less 'safe' eveningwear!

Definately! Less bows and beige and more colour and sophistication. She's tall and thin, she could really pull off some of the haute couture stuff and look smashing.

She always looks great (except for those icky gold pants from three years ago). It is nice to see that even a princess recycles her clothes. It makes her more human.

Royals.web-log has wonderful pictures of the white "angel" dress Mette-Marit wore for the "Angel&Devil Motto" Birthday Party of Marie Chantal and Pavlos in Greece.

Have a look here:
royals.web-log.nl: Glamourprinsessen. Mette-marit.

This was really a stunning dress!
I really hope we'll see it again! (maybe without the wings ;) )

Another of my favourite dresses: the blue dress worn for the wedding of Frederik and Mary in 2004.
Blue Dress1 Blue Dress2
Blue dress without jacket (photo taken from above)
Polfoto
I loved the idea of the dress: the beautiful "jacket" above it. Really clever. I actually liked it better with the jacket then without it. :rolleyes:
Sadly I think it is one of the "worn just once and then never again" dresses...

Royals.web-log has wonderful pictures of the white "angel" dress Mette-Marit wore for the "Angel&Devil Motto" Birthday Party of Marie Chantal and Pavlos in Greece.

Have a look here:
royals.web-log.nl: Glamourprinsessen. Mette-marit.

This was really a stunning dress!
I really hope we'll see it again! (maybe without the wings ;) )
Actually she is wearing a top over the dress (which makes it look like she has no waist), Im guessing its a kind of revealing dress underneath. Kristian Aadneviks dresses are all on the sexy/vulgar side:ROFLMAO: The top she is wearing she has worn before under the white coat she wore for Princess Isabellas christening and in south Korea
Kristian Aadnevik

I totally agree with you, Her Majesty about Princess Mette-Marit's the blue dress that she wore at Mary and Fredrick's wedding in 2004. That's also my favourite dress! I like her jacket too but not without the jacket. She looked better with the jacket. It looked so beautiful and chic. I love her tiara which is my all time favourite tiara. It looked prefect with the the blue dress! :flowers:

Dinner for the Bishops 2007

There appeared some pictures of the Dinner for the Bishops 2007.
Mette-Marit recycled the pink galadress she first wore in Thailand and for the official Portrait of the Royal Family, used for their website.
She wore it with a black (or dark purple) belt this time.

Larzen posted some photos here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/729074-post5.html

The dress looks really nice. I wish we could see it from the front, because it looks like it has some interesting beading on the one shoulder area.

Her dress is ok, but she ruins everything with her hair, it looks awful.

The dress is beautiful, I would say this is one of her best dresses. The color is lovely on MM.
This is a also a big change from the high waisted skirt dresses she has in every other color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom