Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress for Crown Prince Pavlos' 40th birthday Galerías de imágenes=
Based on the photos, it looks like quite a few guests got into the "Angels & Demons" theme!

The dress for Crown Prince Pavlos' 40th birthday Galerías de imágenes=
Based on the photos, it looks like quite a few guests got into the "Angels & Demons" theme!
The dress is by Kristian Aadnevik according to se og hør, a Norwegian working from London, she went to see his show in London last year and he was also part of the From Valdres to Vogue Exhibition she opened last year
kristian aadnevik spring/summer 2006

The dress is by Kristian Aadnevik according to se og hør, a Norwegian working from London, she went to see his show in London last year and he was also part of the From Valdres to Vogue Exhibition she opened last year
kristian aadnevik spring/summer 2006
It looks more like a valentino creation, he has a very similar dress on his spring/summer 2007 RTW show...

It looks more like a valentino creation, he has a very similar dress on his spring/summer 2007 RTW show...
In the close up that is in a norwegian mag today it deff does not look like a Valentino, not tailored well enough to be his work, and maybe this Kristian is like Malene Birger, they need some inspiration:angel:Aadnevik tld the press sometime ago they had agreed he would make a "red Carpet dress" for her

An interview with VG 30.9.06
Syr galla for Mette-Marit
- she is very interested in that I would make a dress for her, she invited me to Oslo, the plan is that we shall meet in the close future to discuss it further.

- It will be a gala-red carpet dress, my specialty really

Your last collection was very sexy, this is not how a Crown Princess dress can be is it ?

- No, it was extremely sexy, this will be to much for a royal dress, it will be a more subdued, less sexy, but still it should represent what I stand for

what does it mean for you that the Crown Princess has noticed you
- It is a signal about the internation level Im at, but I also think it is positive for her when she represents Norway internationally that she shows what Norwegians are capable of. She is a great woman, in all fields.

(Typically Bergen-modesty, cough cough;))

Last edited:
she had a great white dress at pavlos birthday, have she worn it before

I wonder if we will see it again as it was in white

Iv only seen on picture of it , and must say it looked really nice ! wonder if there are some more photographs of it around??

It's tough to get a great look at any of the dresses tonight, because of the rain coats, but you can sort of see the neckline of the dress in this picture
ANP Beeldbank
And this one provides a look at the skirt
ANP Beeldbank

It's tough to get a great look at any of the dresses tonight, because of the rain coats, but you can sort of see the neckline of the dress in this picture
ANP Beeldbank
And this one provides a look at the skirt
ANP Beeldbank

This is such a beautiful dress, purplish lepord print, very nice, especially the color on Mette Marit is lovely...

to bad we cant see the full dress...
do you think she can wear it at a gala in the future?

The dress for Willem-Alexander's birthday ANP Beeldbank
I'm not sure whether I'd consider this gala wear or not, but the caption does call the event the Grieg gala so,
ANP Beeldbank

Is the pink out fit she wore at the Grieg gala a new one

kwanfan said:
The dress for Willem-Alexander's birthday ANP Beeldbank
This dress was simply great! It was one of the best dresses she wore lately.
The soft colour suits her a lot.. I first wasn't sre about the black bow, but I started to like it more and more. So, Thumbs up for this dress! :D
kwanfan said:
I'm not sure whether I'd consider this gala wear or not, but the caption does call the event the Grieg gala so,
ANP Beeldbank
This dress looks weird to me... the neckline doesn't really suit her. :glare:

The dress for Willem - Alexander´s birthday was amazing, simply one of the best.

ANP Beeldbank
I thought this dress, worn for the Brazilian state visit was lovely. Very simple, and reminded me of the dress worn for the second gala in London 2 years ago.

I agree, perhaps the are by the same designer. The color and neckline are very flattering to the Crown Princess.

her shape is dreadful at the moment anyone whould think she is pregnant but she has looked like that for ages - never got her figure back after the birth of her last baby
the dress she wore in holland was one of the worst especially the black ribbon as it drew attention to her lack of any waist

dinner at Skaugum Thursday 18 October, 2007
I think the outfit is simple & elegent, love the color & length, sorry no front view:neutral:

Pic 1
Pic 2
(anp)

Galadinner for Stortinget 25-10-2007

Princess MM recycled the light pink dress she wore for the 70th Birthday of King Harald.

Front View
Side View
-the light makes the dress look rather orange in this picture ;)
ANB

I really love this dress! Especially the side view is beautiful and elegant. It suits MM a lot and I'm glad to see her recycling it. :flowers:

thanks Larzen. I think if she wore a brooch or had her hair styled abit different it would give the dress a nicer look imo;)

that out fit looks so much better with nude tights

I think dark blue is one of her favourite colours, I've seen her wear many outfits of that colour.;)

I think dark blue is one of her favourite colours, I've seen her wear many outfits of that colour.;)

true...but it doesn't fit her so well .... it's like me wearing white... the dress looks perfect but i look like .... well you all must know the feelin' :lol::bang:

December 11, 2007@ nobel peace prize concert. A navy blue?/black dress.
Im undecided about the dress.
Picture(ANP)

am i missing something or is she looking pregnant in some of those last posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom