Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi me again I have just checked somenthing in the thread, but I noticed before that the cut of the dress was somehow similar to the cut of this one posted in this thread by Larzen.

Could the dress be an Astrid Myklebust one?:ermm:

:flowers:

Olga7777 said:
Hi me again I have just checked somenthing in the thread, but I noticed before that the cut of the dress was somehow similar to the cut of this one posted in this thread by Larzen.

Could the dress be an Astrid Myklebust one?

I don't see it. To me all the similarities are in the silhouette, but other than that, I don't see it.

Her_Majesty said:
23-02-2007

Mette-Marit attending the 2nd Birthday Gala:
She wore a new, grey dress.

Mette's dress

To me, this is a stunner. I love it! Great drape, and even though it is grey, it has a blue undertone, and really flatters her. And her hair is fabulous! Can't wait to see what she wears tonight!

the grey dress was beautiful, the one shoulder suited her well. she looked one of the best

Feb 24,2007 - picture
Peronally, i thought she looked great also this was a great choice of dress. the color combination is lovely

M-M is lovely of pink combination half white topless and pink im really like outfits

and im really like nice outfits M-M wores off shoulder its suit of her

Her_Majesty said:
23-02-2007

Mette-Marit attending the 2nd Birthday Gala:
She wore a new, grey dress.

Mette's dress

This dress is a true stunner. The color reminded me a bit of Mary's second dress at King Carl Gustaf's 60th last year. Mary looked a bit washed out in the color, but Mette-Marit looked great with a nice light tan.

kwanfan said:
This dress is a true stunner. The color reminded me a bit of Mary's second dress at King Carl Gustaf's 60th last year. Mary looked a bit washed out in the color, but Mette-Marit looked great with a nice light tan.

Thats what it was, her tan:) she did look good. I'd wished the dress was in a different material though, if it was in chiffon or organza it wouldve been a more movable dress

The last gown she wore to me wasn't great it looked like a bad prom dress or an ugly bridesmaid dress . The other gowns were lovely though.

Between all birthday gala's gowns of MM I like specially the first two - they were so stuning! Last - white and pink one could be better with different tiara. But comparing it with that what she showed us before this one was quite good too.

Last edited:
seto said:
The last gown she wore to me wasn't great it looked like a bad prom dress or an ugly bridesmaid dress . The other gowns were lovely though.
I don' t like the second dress either, the sleeves are too ong - it is similar to that shocking pink dress she wore. That style doesn't suit her so well.

I think all the dress's that crown princess Mette-Marit use during the King celebrations were amazing. She was stunning.

Roxsteve said:
I don't like anything she wears.
Ouch! Is that just your personal fashion opinion, or do you just dislike her. (I don't care which, but I'm just interested in someone who makes such a bold statement)

I think that she's either a hit or miss, when she gets it right, everything's right, when she gets it wrong, it's horrible.

Could you, and any others, elaborate on your dislike of MM's gala wear? (I think it's interesting, and besides, it's commonly known that the worst dress list is more interesting than the best!)

Roxsteve said:
I don't like anything she wears.

is it the colors?or her style? it'll be intresting if you could pin-point what you dont like

seto said:

That's just what I thought! The first two are stunners, whilst the last spoilt it a bit...

I just don't think she dresses well. She might have a nice, expensive, exclusive, one-of-a-kind gown, but there is something else like her hair/her posture/shoes/etc that kill the beautiful gown. I just don't like how she dresses. There is always something missing. I don't know maybe the statement is too bold, but I just don't like what she wears.

I think that she looks lovely in almost everything that she wears.

kwanfan said:
Her gala gown for the Austrian State Visit
ANP Beeldbank
And her dress for the return engagement
ANP Beeldbank

Second Dress- Lovely!

First Dress- ok color, but I don't know, something's off in the fit, I think
Plus Ponytail with Tiara- that's a big LadyK no-no. :bang: That hairdo just does not go with a tiara, especcially that delicate one. MM can wear ponytails any other time she wants, just not with her tiaras! I don't even like it when Victoria does it...

Hope so, but since there's been no announcement, I'd better stick with no...but they have such cute babies, but oh well...no...

LadyK said:
Second Dress- Lovely!

First Dress- ok color, but I don't know, something's off in the fit, I think
Plus Ponytail with Tiara- that's a big LadyK no-no. :bang: That hairdo just does not go with a tiara, especcially that delicate one. MM can wear ponytails any other time she wants, just not with her tiaras! I don't even like it when Victoria does it...
I think this photo ANP Beeldbank shows a better shot of her hair style.

I think best of her gala dresses are those she wore for Harald's birthday:clap: :clap: :clap:

queenofcelts said:
I think best of her gala dresses are those she wore for Harald's birthday:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes I agree, the first two that she wore were very beautiful & did suit her body shape very well. I hope she recycles them again one day

She has a really lovely coloring that goes well with most of the colors she chooses. I LOVED the pink dress she wore to the birthday gala. It was very retro, Oleg Cassini-Jackie Kennedy-esque. LOVED it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom