Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh :sad: please not again!
This dress is like nightmare, it's always coming back.
I just wonder, why she always recycles one the worst pieces. and this cut/color/material of dress + Mette-Marit = :bang:

CP Mette-Marit

oh dear...she does seem to need a stylist to help her get a cohesive look going...pity because the potential certainly IS THERE!! :flowers:

I really cannot understand why she wore this dress so many times! I don't like it at all! The colour and the cut are rather boring and I don't think it's flattering for her.

I wonder why she never recycles this dress: It's so beautiful!
:ermm:

Polfoto

isnt that the dress she wore to CP Mary's wedding. Well, its beautiful with or without the jacket. it was and still is one of her best dresses. I wonder as well, why she does not recycle it. I also liked the white and black skirt, it was an unusall outfit and not an MM choice. I also liked how she matched that outfit to a gold clutch. i did wonder if she got a stylist's help for that look

The blue one (mims posted) looked veyr Cinderella-like!
I like it!
I am also a huge fan of the black Valentino dress she wore for Alex' and Maxima's pre-wedding!

The photographs for these dresses were previously posted by Larzen in Mette Marit's Gala Dresses thread.
I love this dresses as well. And as the rest of you also wonder why exactly she has not recycled the outfit again because she looks gorgeous in it. Along with the Valentino she wore in the pre-wedding gala in Spain, is one of my favourites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her_Majesty said:
The blue one (mims posted) looked veyr Cinderella-like!
I like it!
I am also a huge fan of the black Valentino dress she wore for Alex' and Maxima's pre-wedding!

By the way I forgot to ask, which Black Valentino are you talking about? Do you have any photographs? I would love to know about that dress. Thank you Her_Majesty :flowers:

I think she means this brown/burgundy dress that is said to be by Vera Wang, atleast that is the dress she wore for Maximas preweddingparty, she has used it 4 times if we include the official pictures prewedding, but it suits her well IMO, much better than the beige sack she chose this week
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/183089-post3.html

Larzen said:
I think she means this brown/burgundy dress that is said to be by Vera Wang, atleast that is the dress she wore for Maximas preweddingparty, she has used it 4 times if we include the official pictures prewedding, but it suits her well IMO, much better than the beige sack she chose this week
yes, that's the one I mean :rolleyes: . I heard it was a Valentino dress... I don't know..:ermm:
http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=verawangholland25ps.jpg

Larzen said:

that is a stunning dress. Vera Wang is a good designer, her designs are so simple and elegent. Brown suits MM really well. I liked the pink furry thing she used. Its not very MM, its nice for a change. I would like to see her in that dress again

Larzen said:

Deleted some of the pictures, but can go back to view them. This dress is Alberta Feretti fall/winter2006 runway collection. I thought she couldve obtained a nicer dress from the collection.

Larzen said:

Thank you so much Larzen :flowers: , and yes that one is also one of my favourites. She looks great in those kind of dresses, it is a pity she is so shy wearing. :neutral:
I would love her seeing wearing again those beautiful dresses:wub:
About the Green Alberta Ferretti, I have never been too sure, I might go with dazzling opinion. ;)
By the way Larzen, great job the one you made in the Mette-Marit's Gala Dresses Thread :flowers:

Ive looked through this thread, MM's maternity evening wear is just beautiful. The green was great the pink was nicer. the style and how it hangs on her body was beautiful. liked the decoltte of the pink dress, the cut was weird, made her look slimmer. she looks beautiful

I don't know about you all, but there seem to be a small bump in this dress? What do you think?

I am positive that we are all on hyper pregnancy alert now, but how cool would it be to have 4 or 5 crown princesses expecting at the same time?

I saw that too.

Maybe next baby or it's just beump after Sverre (who is almost 1 year old on next month). Many women has problem with lose it.

Last edited:
Empress said:
I don't know about you all, but there seem to be a small bump in this dress? What do you think?

I am positive that we are all on hyper pregnancy alert now, but how cool would it be to have 4 or 5 crown princesses expecting at the same time?

Spotted that as well. Didnt want to comment than it would start rumors which is against forum rules. Instead of getting excited and then dissapointed, id rather wait for an official announcment:)

A little collection of Mette-Marit's Galadresses :flowers:

Some of Mette-Marit's Gala Dresses:

http://img104.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mettedresseswl6.jpg

(Pictures taken from this thread;Corbis, Polfoto, Scanpix, CoverPress,UkPress,Getty)

Some of her dresses are really gorgeous! I really love the pink one (nr.3) and the black Valentino Dress (nr.7) she wore for the wedding in the Netherlands.
Or the pregnancy galadresses (nr.9 and 10) she wore in England!
I wosh she would always be so elegant!:flowers:

Last edited:
Excellent job Her_Majesty, :flowers: :flowers: It is really nice to see the dresses in a collage as the one you've made, it gives you another view of them and it is much easier to compare them :flowers: :flowers:

Great job!! :flowers: :flowers:

Here is the first Gala Dress from King Harold V's 70 Birthday Celebrations, from the birthday thread, posted by fanletizia. (Pictures 1,2,3, and 6)

I love the shape, the fabric, and the draping. It is soo flattering to her figure, and camoflages any number of flaws. Gorgeous.

Someone should just tell her not to wear beighe, ecru, nude, or any colors closely related to them.

Can't wait to see what else she wears this week!

I think the dress looks beautiful on Mette-Marit, and I think the simple, understated color also suits her perfectly.

I'm with you LHC. I think the beige color suits the Crown Princess really well. I love the cut, color and fabric of this gown!

-Ayvee

The cut is nice, but I would have preferred it in a different color. I'm tired of her wearing beige. It washes her out. If it was more golden, or had some shimmery texture to it, it would look good.

I think the dress is lovely, the cut and the way the fabric falls it´s really beautiful and fits her really well. :wub: :flowers:

Considering how nice she looked tonight I will forgive her the colour, ;) But it´s true that she is not really daring with colours, and it´s really a pity because she looks wonderful in stronger ones. :flowers: :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom