Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the gala concert she reused this two piece dress
(www.ANB.no)
She used her wedding tiara (which disappears in her hair) earrings after CP Märtha, amethyst brooch and ring and the order of the Polar star. Overall boring and to conservative IMO, it looked better the first time with a differen tiara and better hairstyle

Pics from Getty and Uk press

Last edited:
I think if Mette-Marit had worn her hair up at the gala the second night, the whole look would have been more pulled together. Since the tiara is not that big it disappears on top of her head as Larzen pointed out. I would have loved to see her wear the dress she wore at Martha-Louise's wedding. It was a really pretty light blue color that she looked marvelous in. Plus, since it was strapless the hair down look might have been okay. Has she only worn that dress once?

A new black (or dark blue) and white two piece for the Spanish state visit, yellow shoes and purse that matches the order, wedding tiara and earrings after CP Märtha

from ANB via SISTE, and scanpix via Nettavisen, aftenposten adressa and VG

Last edited:
I'm not going to nag about Mette-Marit and her preference for black...:) I do like this one, especially the skirt. Could it be Vivienne Westwood?

OMG! I don't like this at all, plaid is not okay on a gala gown. Et least not for me. Bad choice Mette-Marit.:eek:

She need good fashion adviser! I really like MetteMarit but this is again bad choice.

This one is really weird. It looks as if she wrapped herself in a blanket. Why, oh, why, oh, why does she make these strange fashion choices? As a silver lining, she put on some more lipstick.

This Black White dress is the worst dress she ever wore! :eek:
I agree that she needs a fashion adviser. She used to wear such beautiful gowns, but her last dresses didn't suit her at all. :(

Her_Majesty said:
This Black White dress is the worst dress she ever wore! :eek:
I agree that she needs a fashion adviser. She used to wear such beautiful gowns, but her last dresses didn't suit her at all. :(

This raises one question: who advised her to wear those great gowns from her engagement days? What happened to this person? And how can he or she be persuaded to come back and make MM wear decent clothes?
I agree with everybody who says that being a princess is not about being a clotheshorse - but she is, after all, somebody who represents her country in public. So she needs to be careful about the way she looks and dresses.

I liked the last dress but I also think she needs a fashion adviser or something. Im sure they can get a secretart who knows something about fashion. Her style isnt "royal" like beatrice or other royals and its neither elegant or stylish most of the time. She has a killer body and a beautiful face and smile. She should use it to her advantage. I like her wedding tiara but it shouldnt be worn so much. It gets lost in her hair most of the time. I really liked it in london when she was pregnant and wore that pink dress but other times it doesnt look so good. She needs a new tiara.

I love Mette-Marit but the skirt looks like a blanket I have in black and white. She is a beautiful woman but her gala dresses are sometimes :eek: .

I saw another celebrity dressed like that once, I think it was Bjork if I remember correctly :confused:

Oh my goodness....that outfit is just awful! It is almost as if she doesn't care.

The black plaid skirt is very fashionable at the moment, and I really like it!! I love that she dares to be different.

For that skirt and top, she should catch her fashion advisor and send him to somewhere... far away from fahion. No doubt, she has fashion advisor. Unfortunetely fashion advisor with no sence for fashion.

Good choice of Mette Marit:
source: polfoto

This gown is example of dress which fit for her.

Last edited:
For the ceremony to pay tribute to the Thai King, June 2006
A conservative blue gown with her wedding tiara and diamond earrings. The color looks beautiful on her IMO.

SCNAPIX/thai photocenter

Last edited:
Mette-Marit looks just great in this gown. More like this please :)

The dress from the Gala banquet for the King of Thailand, SHOCKING pink, but otherwise very conservative. The amethyst parue, purpel shoes and purse.

Last edited:
The blue gown is gorgeous, but as for the pink!

Im not really a big fan of either of the gowns. I dont think she has lost all her baby weight yet. She looks puggy in these photos. I dont think she would be pregnant again so soon after Sverre was born so I guess that she is just not in any hurry to lose the wieght.

Princejohnny25 said:
Im not really a big fan of either of the gowns. I dont think she has lost all her baby weight yet. She looks puggy in these photos. I dont think she would be pregnant again so soon after Sverre was born so I guess that she is just not in any hurry to lose the wieght.
Hi everyone I agree w/ Princejohnny- she seems to stick to deeper colors lately, whereas she would use lighter colors when she was first married- maybe as a way to look better?

I really like the plum/purple gown, but the pink really doesn't fit her very well. IMO it's too tight and a bit bland. She seems to switch her style quite a bit, she really needs someone there to say, "I'm not so sure that looks so good on you!". It may seem I am being harsh, but I think that MM has a beautiful face and spirit and her clothes don't match her personality. I love the way that when she is on vacation she wears comfortable clothes and you can tell she is comfortable in her own skin, but at some of the "royal" functions she is still trying to find herself and isn't quite as confident.

IMO she looked fabulous during the festivities, secure, happy, beatiful. Flawless really!

A deep dark blue dress with white belt for dinner in Stiftsgården in Trondheim for the 100th anniversary of the coroantion of King Haakon and Queen Maud (It looked more blue on tv and NTB also writes its blue but it looks black in the pics)

Adressa/ANB/NRK

Last edited:
She looks lovely,elegant,perfect and beautiful in this dress!!!

Could be a Valentino ?!! it looks like the dress she wore in Greece last year for the baptism ( the colour is different of course) , it may be from the same designer

I like her old dresses better- the ones from when she was engaged and then during her 1st year of marriage, before London- I don't know she seemed more carefree and not happier, but more comfortable w/ her clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom