Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mette-Marit's clothes are quite simple, yet always elegant. She usually looks polished, although alot of her dresses are quite samey and she doesn't seem adventurous in the way other Royals are.

what does the press in norway think about her gala dresses
does she usally get thumps up for them

Larzen said:
Two days before her wedding Mette-Marit wore this white gown which some fashionistas in the papers called a nightgown, she wore it this summer also with a long jacket over, Haakon was wearing his national costume but I cant fin the picture
:eek: It looks like my sleeping wear.what event it was?

Larzen said:
A brown Vera Wang gown for Dinner for Storitnget
She first used it for official pictures
The preweddingdinner in the Netherlands
The dinner for the bishops 2004, unfortunatly this is the only blury picture frome this event
I like this dress very much! Its stunning!

I love her dress in Greece! And her pre-wedding (ball) dress.

Mariella

Last edited:
cute_girl said:
:eek: It looks like my sleeping wear.what event it was?
It was a youth party two days before the wedding in the gardens of their home Skaugum

Se og Hør has used the summer to have their readers vote on Mette-Marits best gala dresses and this is how they voted
(pictures from nettavisen.no corbis and S&H)

1. place. The pale blue dress for Märtha Louises wedding made by Ove Harder Finseth. Finseth says to Se og Hør he is delighted that the dress was most popular, he says the dress was made in close cooperation with Mette-Marit and that is is a true "Princess dress" and that she looks great in pastels. The top of the dress and purse was made of an indian wrap/shawl

2. place. the pale blue dress from her prewedding dinner made by Andrè Wallenborg

3 place. Pink strapless dress for prewedding party for Prince Constantijn and Laurentien also made by Ove Harder Finseth

Last edited:
The preweddingdinner in the Netherlands an the dress of the greek christening...
i find taht darker colours suit her more, and look much more elegant

Mette Marit

Hi everyone, I'm new here but I had to put in my two cents worth on MM. I think she has very delicate colouring and any colour that's too strong seems to overwhelm her. But that is my opinion...:)

Larzen said:
For the gala at Buckingham Palace she chose a two toned light green chiffon dress with a train, She wears the Amethyst jewellery
Pic from VG

Amazing. I'd never thought this pea-soup green colour could look good on anybody. Yet, MM actually looks wonderful in it.

I think the color looks great on Mette Marit, but she always wears something that ruins an outfit in my opinion. That pin/floral thing on her shoulder ruins it for me. But otherwise the outfit is one of the better ones I've seen.

Could it be a Valentino gown ? Very pretty, only a pity the amethysts weren't replaced by emeralds, that would've made the picture complete!

Hannelore said:
Could it be a Valentino gown ?Very pretty, only a pity the amethysts weren't replaced by emeralds, that would've made the picture complete!
Its not by Valentino its by a Norwegian designer called Astrid Myklebust
I think Sonja will not let her near the Emeralds as long as there is a breath left in her:D

The dress at the Guildhall: a dustypink of the shoulde dress, with her weddingtiara, earrings after CP Märtha, a two string pearl bracelet and white glows. I think it is the best she has ever looked...
colourpress

Last edited:
Oh yes, this pink one is gorgeous too. And not vulgar despite the neckline. MM at her very best! :) Looks like a Valentino as well to me.

I think she comes across almost as Kennedyish in that pink dress! :)

The two toned pastel green (chiffon?) gown is gorgeous. It suited HRH wonderfullly I think.

I'm a big fan of the pink gown's neckline, but I dont like the way its made. I'm not fond of hanging material in that style

"MII"

Last edited:
Mette-Marit's last three gala outfits, (Greek christening, and the two in London) have been exquisite! She looks stunning all of them!

Larzen said:
I think Sonja will not let her near the Emeralds as long as there is a breath left in her:D

The dress at the Guildhall: a dustypink of the shoulde dress, with her weddingtiara, earrings after CP Märtha, a two string pearl bracelet and white glows. I think it is the best she has ever looked...
colourpress

I like this outfit -- but it seems that MM really likes the color pink.

Maybe it's me, but imo she seems to wear pink color alot.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
the green dress is really really great one of the best dresses she worn

January 21. Private after christening party in Denmark, not much to be seen trough the cars window but looks like a light green dress under the black fur trimmed coat
Pics from Tim Rooke and Billedbladet

I think her clothes are great, but they would look so much better if she improved her posture a little bit. Not that I'm one to talk, but I think she is quite tall, and being 5'10" myself, it's easy to slouch all the time.
She would look fabulous if she stood up straight.

maryww said:
I think her clothes are great, but they would look so much better if she improved her posture a little bit. Not that I'm one to talk, but I think she is quite tall, and being 5'10" myself, it's easy to slouch all the time.
She would look fabulous if she stood up straight.

Yes she should sit up straight more. Having said that I can relate to slouching since I am talll as well; especially when you are constantly talking to people who are not as tall, you have to slouch a bit to hear them and the habit sort of sticks. It is not very comfortable on the neck and back though.:rolleyes:

Mette-Marit's dress at Carl Gustaf's Birthday Dinner
(Source: Getty Images)
57493893.jpg

Im so anti that dress, it could have been semi saved with a more elegant hairdo and nicer purse and shoes, lets hope she does better tomorrow (getty and imagine uk press)

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Im so anti that dress, it could have been semi saved with a more elegant harido and nicer purse and shoes, lets hope she does better tomorrow (getty and imagine)

I'm on the fence about this outfit at the moment, but your comment made me smile! I like the hairdo -- I think it's very soft and very girly -- but I don't find it particularly appropriate for the occasion. If you just saw a picture of Mette-Marit from the neck up, you'd think she was going to a school function for Marius or out shopping with her mom or friends, hardly an evening gown function for the King of Sweden's 60th birthday.

As for the dress, I can't decide if it's a good different or a bad different. In justaposition to the other very elegant gowns worn by say Maxima, Mette-Marit looks a bit frumpy and matronly. On the other hand, it could be worst ... right? :cool:

Definetely her worst gala dress. :eek: There's no element of style or elegance to it at all.

Alexandria said:
I'm on the fence about this outfit at the moment, but your comment made me smile! I like the hairdo -- I think it's very soft and very girly -- but I don't find it particularly appropriate for the occasion. If you just saw a picture of Mette-Marit from the neck up, you'd think she was going to a school function for Marius or out shopping with her mom or friends, hardly an evening gown function for the King of Sweden's 60th birthday.

As for the dress, I can't decide if it's a good different or a bad different. In justaposition to the other very elegant gowns worn by say Maxima, Mette-Marit looks a bit frumpy and matronly. On the other hand, it could be worst ... right? :cool:
I would say its a bad different dress

popy said:
I would say its a bad different dress

Now that I see more pictures of it and see what some of the other royal ladies are wearing, I am in agreement.

I like Mette-Marit so much and I try to see something good in everything about her, but even her biggest fans can't really defend this fashion choice. She should be lucky that Joan and Melissa Rivers aren't standing outside the palace to mock this fashion faux pas. :cool:

MM need a style revolution! She need a good stylist-fashion adviser, who will take her in hand and tell her what is good for her and what's not. Who'll show her beauty ant tell her that she must straighten up.

Btw. maybe if that black-green dress had more gold/light additions it would looks better?
Today's outfit: red hat - red additions (shoes, handbag...), light tights.

Last edited:
Today, Mette-Marit recycled her purple lace gala outfit.
First Picture-Dinner for Stortinget (Source: Siste, Originally posted by: Larzen)
Second Pictures-King Carl Gustaf's 60th B-Day (Source Getty Images)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom