The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 03:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Griffin
I think she means the gown Mette wore in May 2001 at the ball the evening before Constantijn and Laurentien church wedding. I agree, that gown is pretty. Don't know why she never wore it again. She later had a dark brown gown which was almost a copy and which she used for the last official pictures before the wedding. They were taken in a hall in the palace, maybe where the wedding dinner was held? She also wore this dark brown gown a year later in the Netherlands, at the pre-wedding ball of W-A and M.

posted by Larzen here in the thread, post 2 (medium and dpa) the pink gown (you can see the flower she put in her hair) and once more

posted by pdas1201 in the pre-wedding thread (getty) the brown gown

Thanks Ms Griffin for your help

Old 09-02-2006, 05:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I had mentioned in another thread that the brown gown is a 9/10 on her with that silly poofy thing on her shoulder. If she had ditched that, it would have been an 11/10.

I agree with whoever said that dark colors are best; I find that really light/bright colors on pale people tend to wash them out more than darker colors do. I have a naturally fair complexion and if I wear something that's too light or too pale, I look like I have white face paint on. Darker colors make your paleness stand out, but at least you don't look like you're blending into your clothes. Mette-Marit is a stunning blonde; she should stick to dark colors like burgundy, chocolate, black, deep blue, dark green....stuff like that. Cotton-candy pink does nothing for her.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
The dress from the Gala banquet for the King of Thailand, SHOCKING pink, but otherwise very conservative. The amethyst parue, purpel shoes and purse.

Memo to Mette-Marit:

NEVER WEAR THIS DRESS AGAIN.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
For the Bulgarian state visit she recycled the Pink dress previously worn for the Italian statevisit and official pictures.

She added a white jacket. She wears her wedding tiara, the fan tiara from Queen Maud as a necklace and the earrings after Crown Princess Märtha.

Source Se og HØr, Vg and ANB

funny thing, cause the kings sister is recycling the same dress..
Old 09-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxima88
funny thing, cause the kings sister is recycling the same dress..
haha! Now that you say it... Very funny thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Memo to Mette-Marit:

NEVER WEAR THIS DRESS AGAIN.
I hope so , too..
Well... but she belongs to the Norwegian Royal Family!
and they recycle EVERYTHING!

Old 09-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I had mentioned in another thread that the brown gown is a 9/10 on her with that silly poofy thing on her shoulder. If she had ditched that, it would have been an 11/10.

I agree with whoever said that dark colors are best; I find that really light/bright colors on pale people tend to wash them out more than darker colors do. I have a naturally fair complexion and if I wear something that's too light or too pale, I look like I have white face paint on. Darker colors make your paleness stand out, but at least you don't look like you're blending into your clothes. Mette-Marit is a stunning blonde; she should stick to dark colors like burgundy, chocolate, black, deep blue, dark green....stuff like that. Cotton-candy pink does nothing for her.
I actually think her all time best gala dress was probably the pale pink gown worn during the visit to the UK last year. She looked absolutely stunning in that gown.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan
I actually think her all time best gala dress was probably the pale pink gown worn during the visit to the UK last year. She looked absolutely stunning in that gown.

The pink dress she wore on that magazine cover that was posted looks great on her, but ordinarily I don't like her in uber-bright colors.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The pink dress she wore on that magazine cover that was posted looks great on her, but ordinarily I don't like her in uber-bright colors.
Here's the dress she wore in London
Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009
Old 09-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan

It's a pretty color, but it makes her hips look too wide and it gives her no waistline at all.

Edit: After looking a second time a little closer, it appears she was pregnant, so that explains the wide hips and no waistline from the front. In any event the color is nice, but I just don't like that cut of a dress on her. If there had been really thin straps to go along with the off-the-shoulder look, it would have been a better look.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It's a pretty color, but it makes her hips look too wide and it gives her no waistline at all.

Edit: After looking a second time a little closer, it appears she was pregnant, so that explains the wide hips and no waistline from the front. In any event the color is nice, but I just don't like that cut of a dress on her. If their had been really thin straps to go along with the off-the-shoulder look, it would be have been a better look.
She was pregnant. The dress was worn in late October last year, and she gave birth December 3.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Gentry

Hi everyone,

I feel I bit nervous doing this, please be kind, but I'm doing some practises in website design, and I wanted to include some multimedia in the website so considering what I have seen in the forums made by some of the members I decided to include some videoclips with Princesses gala dresses. I have finished the videos dedicated to Mette-Marit and having already asked for permission from Larzen, as she is being one of the main contributors to this thread, I would like to show you the results. The videos have some Spanish on them but it's mainly information about who the designer was and the event the dress was used.

I hope you would enjoy the videos,

These are the links to the videos;

Video 1

Video 3

Video 3

Video 4

I would like to thank Larzen and everyone else in this thread for the job done in thread that has allowed me the making of the video clips. I'm really sorry for the four parts as my Photobucket account only allow 5 minutes videos uploads, and any case I didn't want to cut some of the songs.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Echoing my sentiments made in the other thread about Letizia, thank you Olga for taking the time putting together these great videos.

Can you tell me the name of the accompanying music to video #3?

Well done!
Old 10-08-2006, 01:12 AM
Serene Highness

Also I like that melody too... famous, but I don't know name
I can't help myself but I loved first video. I don't know why... maybe because of those stunning clothes?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Gentry

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
Echoing my sentiments made in the other thread about Letizia, thank you Olga for taking the time putting together these great videos.

Can you tell me the name of the accompanying music to video #3?

Well done!

Thank you so much for the comments about the videos.

The music of Video 1 is "Love Theme" from the film Blade Runner, by Vangelis

The music of Video 2 is "Intermezzo" from Cavalleria Rusticana by Mascagni

The music of Video 3 is "Waltz 2" from the "Jazz Suite" by Shostakovich.

The music of Video 4 is "Bilitis" from the film "Bilitis" by Francis Lai

I realised only after uploading the videos that I had made a mistake when writing at the end of the videos, the music that came along with them, and I thought I had included that yesterday in the post, but it seems it was late and I was sleepy The music of Video 3, appears in many places but you might have recognised it from the film "Eyes Wide Shut" with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, by Stanley Kubrick. I love movie soundtracks and Video 2 appears in the film "Raging Bull".

I was a bit nervous yesterday showing you the videos, and I want to thank all the people that have contributed to these thread, because they have gathered the photographs and the information, especially Larzen, that has made an incredible job.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Majesty

its great to see her dresses side by side, i do think she looks good in green and often she looks very proud when in gala
Old 10-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Seems it is recycle week.....

Ove Harders Finseths demure beige creation for the 3 time
Gala dinner for Stortinge 2006
Gala Dinner Swedish visit 2005
Gala Concert in Denmark 2004

Red and purpel suit
Meeting Indian press october 2006
Visiting UNAIDS april 2006

Aftenposten, nettavisen and scanpix
Old 10-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

As I wrote that before in other thread:
Not again this gown and tiara She definitely need new tiara and gowns!!!
If she decided to wear this dress again she should weare Amethyst Necklace Tiara again.

Did MM recycles her blue gown from MarthaLouise wedding? http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs1...way1971-79.jpg

Btw. are there any regulations or smth about that that how many times ladies can wore/recycles gowns and clothes on events like this one?
Old 10-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
As I wrote that before in other thread:
Not again this gown and tiara She definitely need new tiara and gowns!!!
If she decided to wear this dress again she should weare Amethyst Necklace Tiara again.

Did MM recycles her blue gown from MarthaLouise wedding? http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs1...way1971-79.jpg

Btw. are there any regulations or smth about that that how many times ladies can wore/recycles gowns and clothes on events like this one?
There are no rules, Sonja has worn some of her gala dresses like 10 times, Princess Astrid as well. She has not worn that blue dress from Märthas wedding again, my guess is that it does not fit her anymore, she was a sylf back then before she had her babies, or maybe the dress is not her style anymore, its kind of girlie with the tulle skirt

As for tiaras, its not like in the Netherlands where they can pick and choose, Sonja runs a tight ship and does not share much with her daughter and daughter in law.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
She has not worn that blue dress from Märthas wedding again, my guess is that it does not fit her anymore, she was a sylf back then before she had her babies, or maybe the dress is not her style anymore, its kind of girlie with the tulle skirt
the blue dress was beautiful, but i would not like to see it on her now, she seems to grown out of it (not her age. style). I agree Larzen, its abit too irlie with the tulle.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

For the 3 time and hopefully last Beige dress from Ove Harder Finseth, purse from Valentino, Wedding tiara and diamond earrings

Scanpix via nettavisen

Tags
crown princess mette-marit, eveningwear