The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

The blue gown is gorgeous, but as for the pink!

Old 06-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Im not really a big fan of either of the gowns. I dont think she has lost all her baby weight yet. She looks puggy in these photos. I dont think she would be pregnant again so soon after Sverre was born so I guess that she is just not in any hurry to lose the wieght.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
Im not really a big fan of either of the gowns. I dont think she has lost all her baby weight yet. She looks puggy in these photos. I dont think she would be pregnant again so soon after Sverre was born so I guess that she is just not in any hurry to lose the wieght.
Hi everyone I agree w/ Princejohnny- she seems to stick to deeper colors lately, whereas she would use lighter colors when she was first married- maybe as a way to look better?
Old 06-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really like the plum/purple gown, but the pink really doesn't fit her very well. IMO it's too tight and a bit bland. She seems to switch her style quite a bit, she really needs someone there to say, "I'm not so sure that looks so good on you!". It may seem I am being harsh, but I think that MM has a beautiful face and spirit and her clothes don't match her personality. I love the way that when she is on vacation she wears comfortable clothes and you can tell she is comfortable in her own skin, but at some of the "royal" functions she is still trying to find herself and isn't quite as confident.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Nobility

IMO she looked fabulous during the festivities, secure, happy, beatiful. Flawless really!
Old 06-14-2006, 12:55 AM
Gentry

indeed.. very hapy and so in love.. they amaze me... always holding hands!
Old 06-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

A deep dark blue dress with white belt for dinner in Stiftsgården in Trondheim for the 100th anniversary of the coroantion of King Haakon and Queen Maud (It looked more blue on tv and NTB also writes its blue but it looks black in the pics)

Adressa/ANB/NRK
Old 06-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Royal Highness

She looks lovely,elegant,perfect and beautiful in this dress!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Serene Highness

Could be a Valentino ?!! it looks like the dress she wore in Greece last year for the baptism ( the colour is different of course) , it may be from the same designer
Old 06-25-2006, 01:05 AM
Aristocracy

I like her old dresses better- the ones from when she was engaged and then during her 1st year of marriage, before London- I don't know she seemed more carefree and not happier, but more comfortable w/ her clothes
Old 06-25-2006, 03:12 AM
Serene Highness

I agree with you ortino. Anyway, has anyone adress to norway? I'll send there a letter. I'd like to be her fashion advisor. So beautiful woman, with so strange style of clothing?
Old 06-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
The dress from the Gala banquet for the King of Thailand, SHOCKING pink, but otherwise very conservative. The amethyst parue, purpel shoes and purse.

My God, I hadn't seen this dress ! AWFUL ...........
Old 06-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Courtier

I like the black dress above but what is with the yellow scarf?? It looks totally out of place, without that it would be perfect.

Anita, I agree with you, but with a few adjustments it would be okay. The neck would need to be lowered and maybe do something else with those sleeves. The color I don't like.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Royal Highness

I have to say that I find it more than refreshing to see how stylish the Princess is. It is very nice to see her wear her clothing differently, and it is nice to see some of these gowns more than once. She is a credit to her country!
Janet
Old 08-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Royal Highness

Mette-Marit recycled this pink dress again for the Bulgarian visit:

Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009
(^post that shows the first two times she's worn it)

(Credit: Scanpix)
Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the gala dinner for the Bulgaria visit.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

For the Bulgarian state visit she recycled the Pink dress previously worn for the Italian statevisit and official pictures.

She added a white jacket. She wears her wedding tiara, the fan tiara from Queen Maud as a necklace and the earrings after Crown Princess Märtha.

Source Se og HØr, Vg and ANB
Old 08-30-2006, 03:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I'd have to agree with the general consensus in this thread.

The Crown Princess is a stunning lady but she really lets herself down in the wardrobe department.

Some of her day outfits are really lovely but her evening gowns are always so unappealing and unflattering, IMO. The best one I have seen to date is the smoky grey-blue gown she wore in Thailand earlier this year.

Mette-Marit looks wonderful in darker colours and shades, so it woud make sense to stick with them. The pink creates a 'barbie doll' look and thats not flattering.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
The pink creates a 'barbie doll' look and thats not flattering.
I can't quite agree - the one she wore yesterday indeed isn't flattering, but she had a wonderful gown when she was engaged or shortly afterwards. It wasn't made of such "solid" fabric, but looked very light and airy. Maybe you remember it?
Old 08-30-2006, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
I can't quite agree - the one she wore yesterday indeed isn't flattering, but she had a wonderful gown when she was engaged or shortly afterwards. It wasn't made of such "solid" fabric, but looked very light and airy. Maybe you remember it?
Actually Smilla, I do not

Would you be so kind as to re-post the picture or 'point' me in the right direction?

The gown HRH wore last night and in Thailand to the Grand Banquet really do nothing for her, and as they were the only two I remember seeing...
Old 08-31-2006, 01:29 AM
Gentry

I think she means the gown Mette wore in May 2001 at the ball the evening before Constantijn and Laurentien church wedding. I agree, that gown is pretty. Don't know why she never wore it again. She later had a dark brown gown which was almost a copy and which she used for the last official pictures before the wedding. They were taken in a hall in the palace, maybe where the wedding dinner was held? She also wore this dark brown gown a year later in the Netherlands, at the pre-wedding ball of W-A and M.

posted by Larzen here in the thread, post 2 (medium and dpa) the pink gown (you can see the flower she put in her hair) and once more

posted by pdas1201 in the pre-wedding thread (getty) the brown gown

Tags
crown princess mette-marit, eveningwear