The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 04:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

For the gala concert she reused this two piece dress
(www.ANB.no)
She used her wedding tiara (which disappears in her hair) earrings after CP Märtha, amethyst brooch and ring and the order of the Polar star. Overall boring and to conservative IMO, it looked better the first time with a differen tiara and better hairstyle

Pics from Getty and Uk press

Old 05-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Aristocracy

CP Mette-Marit's dress at the King of Sweden's private b'day dinner was by Alberta Ferretti. A similar dress can be found at Style.com in her Fall 2006 ready-to-wear collection (pic 25 of 48, first pic on page 3): http://www.style.com/fashionshows/co...?trend=&page=3

Old 05-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Royal Highness

I think if Mette-Marit had worn her hair up at the gala the second night, the whole look would have been more pulled together. Since the tiara is not that big it disappears on top of her head as Larzen pointed out. I would have loved to see her wear the dress she wore at Martha-Louise's wedding. It was a really pretty light blue color that she looked marvelous in. Plus, since it was strapless the hair down look might have been okay. Has she only worn that dress once?
Old 06-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

A new black (or dark blue) and white two piece for the Spanish state visit, yellow shoes and purse that matches the order, wedding tiara and earrings after CP Märtha

from ANB via SISTE, and scanpix via Nettavisen, aftenposten adressa and VG
Old 06-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not going to nag about Mette-Marit and her preference for black...:) I do like this one, especially the skirt. Could it be Vivienne Westwood?
Old 06-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Courtier

OMG! I don't like this at all, plaid is not okay on a gala gown. Et least not for me. Bad choice Mette-Marit.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

She need good fashion adviser! I really like MetteMarit but this is again bad choice.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Courtier

This one is really weird. It looks as if she wrapped herself in a blanket. Why, oh, why, oh, why does she make these strange fashion choices? As a silver lining, she put on some more lipstick.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Moderator Emeritus

This Black White dress is the worst dress she ever wore!
I agree that she needs a fashion adviser. She used to wear such beautiful gowns, but her last dresses didn't suit her at all. :(
Old 06-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
This Black White dress is the worst dress she ever wore!
I agree that she needs a fashion adviser. She used to wear such beautiful gowns, but her last dresses didn't suit her at all. :(
This raises one question: who advised her to wear those great gowns from her engagement days? What happened to this person? And how can he or she be persuaded to come back and make MM wear decent clothes?
I agree with everybody who says that being a princess is not about being a clotheshorse - but she is, after all, somebody who represents her country in public. So she needs to be careful about the way she looks and dresses.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I liked the last dress but I also think she needs a fashion adviser or something. Im sure they can get a secretart who knows something about fashion. Her style isnt "royal" like beatrice or other royals and its neither elegant or stylish most of the time. She has a killer body and a beautiful face and smile. She should use it to her advantage. I like her wedding tiara but it shouldnt be worn so much. It gets lost in her hair most of the time. I really liked it in london when she was pregnant and wore that pink dress but other times it doesnt look so good. She needs a new tiara.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Royal Highness

I love Mette-Marit but the skirt looks like a blanket I have in black and white. She is a beautiful woman but her gala dresses are sometimes .
Old 06-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Aristocracy

I saw another celebrity dressed like that once, I think it was Bjork if I remember correctly
Old 06-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Aristocracy

Oh my goodness....that outfit is just awful! It is almost as if she doesn't care.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:48 AM
Commoner

The black plaid skirt is very fashionable at the moment, and I really like it!! I love that she dares to be different.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Serene Highness

For that skirt and top, she should catch her fashion advisor and send him to somewhere... far away from fahion. No doubt, she has fashion advisor. Unfortunetely fashion advisor with no sence for fashion.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Serene Highness

Good choice of Mette Marit:
source: polfoto

This gown is example of dress which fit for her.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

For the ceremony to pay tribute to the Thai King, June 2006
A conservative blue gown with her wedding tiara and diamond earrings. The color looks beautiful on her IMO.

SCNAPIX/thai photocenter
Old 06-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Mette-Marit looks just great in this gown. More like this please :)
Old 06-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress from the Gala banquet for the King of Thailand, SHOCKING pink, but otherwise very conservative. The amethyst parue, purpel shoes and purse.

Tags
crown princess mette-marit, eveningwear