The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Serene Highness

I love her style. Simple and elegant!
She looks stunning!

Old 10-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Could it be a Valentino gown ? Very pretty, only a pity the amethysts weren't replaced by emeralds, that would've made the picture complete!

Old 10-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore
Could it be a Valentino gown ?Very pretty, only a pity the amethysts weren't replaced by emeralds, that would've made the picture complete!
Its not by Valentino its by a Norwegian designer called Astrid Myklebust
I think Sonja will not let her near the Emeralds as long as there is a breath left in her

The dress at the Guildhall: a dustypink of the shoulde dress, with her weddingtiara, earrings after CP Märtha, a two string pearl bracelet and white glows. I think it is the best she has ever looked...
colourpress
Old 10-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh yes, this pink one is gorgeous too. And not vulgar despite the neckline. MM at her very best! :) Looks like a Valentino as well to me.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:05 PM

Smile

I think she comes across almost as Kennedyish in that pink dress! :)
Old 10-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Courtier

The two toned pastel green (chiffon?) gown is gorgeous. It suited HRH wonderfullly I think.

I'm a big fan of the pink gown's neckline, but I dont like the way its made. I'm not fond of hanging material in that style

"MII"
Old 10-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Serene Highness

Mette-Marit's last three gala outfits, (Greek christening, and the two in London) have been exquisite! She looks stunning all of them!
Old 10-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
I think Sonja will not let her near the Emeralds as long as there is a breath left in her

The dress at the Guildhall: a dustypink of the shoulde dress, with her weddingtiara, earrings after CP Märtha, a two string pearl bracelet and white glows. I think it is the best she has ever looked...
colourpress
I like this outfit -- but it seems that MM really likes the color pink.

Maybe it's me, but imo she seems to wear pink color alot.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Majesty

the green dress is really really great one of the best dresses she worn
Old 02-06-2006, 05:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

January 21. Private after christening party in Denmark, not much to be seen trough the cars window but looks like a light green dress under the black fur trimmed coat
Pics from Tim Rooke and Billedbladet
Old 03-07-2006, 10:34 PM

I think her clothes are great, but they would look so much better if she improved her posture a little bit. Not that I'm one to talk, but I think she is quite tall, and being 5'10" myself, it's easy to slouch all the time.
She would look fabulous if she stood up straight.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryww
I think her clothes are great, but they would look so much better if she improved her posture a little bit. Not that I'm one to talk, but I think she is quite tall, and being 5'10" myself, it's easy to slouch all the time.
She would look fabulous if she stood up straight.
Yes she should sit up straight more. Having said that I can relate to slouching since I am talll as well; especially when you are constantly talking to people who are not as tall, you have to slouch a bit to hear them and the habit sort of sticks. It is not very comfortable on the neck and back though.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Serene Highness

Mette-Marit's dress at Carl Gustaf's Birthday Dinner
(Source: Getty Images)
Old 04-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Im so anti that dress, it could have been semi saved with a more elegant hairdo and nicer purse and shoes, lets hope she does better tomorrow (getty and imagine uk press)

Old 04-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Im so anti that dress, it could have been semi saved with a more elegant harido and nicer purse and shoes, lets hope she does better tomorrow (getty and imagine)
I'm on the fence about this outfit at the moment, but your comment made me smile! I like the hairdo -- I think it's very soft and very girly -- but I don't find it particularly appropriate for the occasion. If you just saw a picture of Mette-Marit from the neck up, you'd think she was going to a school function for Marius or out shopping with her mom or friends, hardly an evening gown function for the King of Sweden's 60th birthday.

As for the dress, I can't decide if it's a good different or a bad different. In justaposition to the other very elegant gowns worn by say Maxima, Mette-Marit looks a bit frumpy and matronly. On the other hand, it could be worst ... right?
Old 04-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Royal Highness

Definetely her worst gala dress. There's no element of style or elegance to it at all.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I'm on the fence about this outfit at the moment, but your comment made me smile! I like the hairdo -- I think it's very soft and very girly -- but I don't find it particularly appropriate for the occasion. If you just saw a picture of Mette-Marit from the neck up, you'd think she was going to a school function for Marius or out shopping with her mom or friends, hardly an evening gown function for the King of Sweden's 60th birthday.

As for the dress, I can't decide if it's a good different or a bad different. In justaposition to the other very elegant gowns worn by say Maxima, Mette-Marit looks a bit frumpy and matronly. On the other hand, it could be worst ... right?
I would say its a bad different dress
Old 04-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by popy
I would say its a bad different dress
Now that I see more pictures of it and see what some of the other royal ladies are wearing, I am in agreement.

I like Mette-Marit so much and I try to see something good in everything about her, but even her biggest fans can't really defend this fashion choice. She should be lucky that Joan and Melissa Rivers aren't standing outside the palace to mock this fashion faux pas.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

MM need a style revolution! She need a good stylist-fashion adviser, who will take her in hand and tell her what is good for her and what's not. Who'll show her beauty ant tell her that she must straighten up.

Btw. maybe if that black-green dress had more gold/light additions it would looks better?
Today's outfit: red hat - red additions (shoes, handbag...), light tights.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness

Today, Mette-Marit recycled her purple lace gala outfit.
First Picture-Dinner for Stortinget (Source: Siste, Originally posted by: Larzen)
Second Pictures-King Carl Gustaf's 60th B-Day (Source Getty Images)

Tags
crown princess mette-marit, eveningwear