The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 06:21 AM
Nobility

And as some of you commented about her hair, now you see it is shorter! I have seen pics og her where her hair look better than inthis picture.

I completely adore those shoes! Those kind of shoes I like! I'm not sure if these shoes are the best for this dress though.

But I love the dress too! It is beautiful!!! I love to see the Crownprincess in colors.

I don't care much for the jacket. It ages her quite a few years. I would roll the dice to a straight 6 if she had dropped the jacket. Now it is a 5 because of it!

Yes, CP Mette-Marit is dressing very good.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I love to see the Crownprincess in colors.
Me too!

Quote:
I would roll the dice to a straight 6 if she had dropped the jacket. Now it is a 5 because of it!
I have never heard someone describe it like that, but I love it!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit arrives for the play " The Wild Duck" by Henrik Ibsen at the National Theater in Oslo wearing a new green dress and a gray cardigan - http://i35.tinypic.com/2jb8uuo.jpg - ANP
She wore a dress in Malawi last 2005 that has the same style as this green dress.

http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/./p...aritjurkje.jpg
Old 09-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Courtier

Jinigirl, I can understand that MM doesn't have the body shape like Queen Raina of Jordan or Princess Mary of Denmark but what I meant was that MM doesn't have the same style like Queen Rania or Princess Mary.

I guess all the princesses are different and know what is fitted them. They all have their own different style of fashion.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Mette (and Haakon) in Bunads during the visit to Telemark

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2008/PPE08100782.jpg

Old 10-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Mette (and Haakon) in Bunads during the visit to Telemark

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2008/PPE08100782.jpg
she wears a lot the national clothes. thats great
Old 10-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Great idea, love it when royals promote their traditional outfits, I always think its so elegent.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree! It is a lovely way to pay tribute to their homeland.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I agree! It is a lovely way to pay tribute to their homeland.
Well yes and no (And lets be clear here I know nothing whatsoever about Norway - well related to this anyway). I think that so long as it is done respecfully and appropriately its great, but too much can loose its meaning...
Old 10-09-2008, 04:56 AM
Nobility

I think it's great that they wear the traditional clothes. Lots of people nowadays think that's oldfashioned. They look very good in it to. Can't wait to see WA and Maxima in "Volendammer" clothes (I don't think they will ever do that)...
Old 10-09-2008, 06:19 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
Well yes and no (And lets be clear here I know nothing whatsoever about Norway - well related to this anyway). I think that so long as it is done respecfully and appropriately its great, but too much can loose its meaning...
As far as I know Norwegians wear their Bunads for confirmation, on May 17th (national day) and for special events.
Norwegians wear their national wear quite often compared to other countries.
Every region in Norway has it's own Bunad.

I don't think MM and Haakon wore their Bunads just to "promote" Norway. I guess there was a kind of "dress-code" in the invitation.

If you want to read more about the Norwegians wearing Bunads ; have a look here: Norwegian Royals In Bunads

Old 10-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Evening event during the 2nd day in Telemark:

Black eveningdress

source: Royals

Old 10-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Evening event during the 2nd day in Telemark:

Black eveningdress

source: Royals
I love the traditional dresses but this outfit is hideous. MM dresses like a 70 year old. The colour! Thick brown grandma stockings and ugly shoes, the dress is shapeless and in the first picture you can see her bra. What was she thinking. It's a shame because MM's blonde hair is special and could be the inspiration for a chic and stylish wardrobe.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I love the traditional dresses but this outfit is hideous. MM dresses like a 70 year old. The colour! Thick brown grandma stockings and ugly shoes, the dress is shapeless and in the first picture you can see her bra. What was she thinking. It's a shame because MM's blonde hair is special and could be the inspiration for a chic and stylish wardrobe.
I completely agree with you about that dress. I don't like it at all.
Maybe it would look (a little) better with skin-coloured stockings... a little better at least.

Next week there'll be the State Visit from Ireland. I hope we'll see a new Gala-look on MM then. (maybe not a new dress, but it's always great to see her in Galawear. Maybe she could recycle this dress (ANP) again. I love it.)

Old 10-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Courtier

royals.web-log.nl has better quality pictures of this horrible ensamble (the shape less dress, the awful thighs and the hideous shoes). She has no figure at all, actually if you look carefullly around her waist it seems she has rolls. She is hunched and looks swollen, for an instant i thought she was pregnant, but then I hurried back to the threads, I saw no news and then I said to my self "oh Mette Marit!!!. What happened to you??!!!"
Old 10-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
royals.web-log.nl has better quality pictures of this horrible ensamble (the shape less dress, the awful thighs and the hideous shoes). She has no figure at all, actually if you look carefullly around her waist it seems she has rolls. She is hunched and looks swollen, for an instant i thought she was pregnant, but then I hurried back to the threads, I saw no news and then I said to my self "oh Mette Marit!!!. What happened to you??!!!"
What happened to her? I don't care, I just love her. She doesn't dress particularly well, okay, but the refreshing thing is that she doesn't try to give herself one makeover after the other or gets expensive stylists. She obviously doesn't need fashionable clothing to boost her self-confidence or to make herself happy. She's the only crown princess who has the guts to wear horrible black pantyhose - I guess she is cold and not afraid to show it. This woman is really, really special. (And I'll never complain about that black pantyhose again.)
Old 10-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
She doesn't dress particularly well, okay, but the refreshing thing is that she doesn't try to give herself one makeover after the other or gets expensive stylists. She obviously doesn't need fashionable clothing to boost her self-confidence or to make herself happy.
Well, as a representative of an entire country she ought to care more about her appearance. I would be embarrassed to be represented by a frumpy hunchback. I am not sure if it is the lack of self-confidence or the lack of class that makes her dress so badly. I don't think she is all that special either, she does the minimum required and no more.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I also agree with you (as usual)HEHE. She really has an interesting look, but needs to find clothes for her body type, and add the right colors for her complexion. I always liked her in blues. If she's going to do plain black then add some better jewelry.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Nobility

Well, I don't care for that brown dress and ditto stockings and those shoes. This was a fashion mistake big time. The other outfits I've seen her in on this trip, is very nice.

When it comes to national costumes, as the bunads, I don't think they're over worn at all. It is a very expensive piece od clothing, and it is common to use it as previous said in this thread at the confirmation, constitution days, but also as guests in weddings, baptisms and so on. Most people wear the bunad very proud, and it makes me happy to see our Crownprince and Crownprincess wear one of the many bunads they have. I'm not sure how many CP Mette-Marit has. But I've seen her in at least 3.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the shoes are ok, but that is about as positive as I can be... the bra, the shape, the fabric.............. simple shocking.

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess mette-marit, eveningwear