Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Designers: August 2004 - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hania said:
I still feel that Martha is a far better dresser than Mette Marit,her use of colours is not basheful and is so beautiful.MM always looks so pale and devoid of colour.Martha manages to use designs and colours that accentuates her personality and skin colouring.
I agree with you that Martha uses a much broader color palette when dressing, but I think she's had much more practice at ignoring what the press writes and so she wears what she likes and not what she thinks everyone else will like. By doing that Martha is able to carry herself with much more self confidence. In MM's case, I think she may dress somewhat more bland to avoid drawing critism's on her style. Once she is more comfortable in the public eye she may start wearing things that suit her more, or make her feel so much more confident because she simply won't care what others think. I'm sure to a certain degree shes comfortable with the press and the world watching her by now, but it's got to be hard trying to find something to wear and always wondering whether the people are going to later chastise you for wearing it.

I think her background may play a lot into it too. She had to go through some tough stories about her unfitness to become a Crown Princess. She didn't have the "norm" background and her past is quite colorful. I think perhaps that may play a lot into her style as the...not dowdy, but downplayed, fashionista she could most definitely be!

Ciao!

Last edited:
That black valentino from the photoshoot looked wonderful on her. The basic shape of it, actually.

1-2 When we are talking about Valentino. Her purse used at the arival in Iceland was from his RTW spring/summer 2004 collection

3-4 Mette-Marits coat for the welcomming of the itallian president was by Prada. I cannot find the same one but if you look at the detailing you can see the same holes in the pockets as well as the smal bows and beige-ish lines
colourpress, korpapress and vogue

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 362
  • COLOUR10038940.jpg
    COLOUR10038940.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 405
  • zvdfxvz.jpg
    zvdfxvz.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 285
  • prada.jpg
    prada.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,348
Last edited:
im sure M-M looks nice to wores as daytimes dresses and evening dresses what she chose designer from!

she chose norway,Dutch,Belgian,Valentio,Prado,etc what M-M really wanted to making dresses for her incoming state trip banquet with King and Queen,Prime minister,etc.

I like her dresses what she done

Sara Boyce

Dress for the dinner for Stortinget by Ove Harder Finseth
Again she wear the amethyst tiara and the earrings she got for her wedding and which was King Olavs Silverwedding gift to his wife CP Märtha (siste). Pic 3 to 5 closeup from another dress Finseth made using the same fabricks (NRK)

Dress for visit to Iceland, by Ove Harder Finseth. He used the same lace as in the purpel dress (getty)

Another dress by Ove Harder Finseth (he really likes lace!) She was over 5 months pregnant with Ingrid Alexandra, its the gala dinner for the President of Poland. She wears her wedding tiara, and smal diamond and sapphire earrings (Siste, VG)

Last edited:
Hat for the statevisit from Poland by Kirsti Nordberg Moe
http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/1060436294.jpg

She makes hats for all the Norwegian royals, including some awful ones that Sonja has been sporting lately I have to say

The hat Märtha and Sonja wears here is also by her
aftenposten and cover

Attachments

• po.jpg
    po.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 305
  • ml.jpg
    ml.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 245
  • STATSBES_K__012456__234219g.jpg
    STATSBES_K__012456__234219g.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 439
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Larzen for all the hard work and effort you put into this thread. Wonderful pictures too!

Liked the lace dress when she pregnant.She sometiems does dress nicely(evening wear) but i still think she can do a better job.

I think Mette-Marit is still finding her way, style-wise. It can sometimes be overwhelming, probably, to suddenly have a lot of money and designers flinging themselves at their feet to dress you and to choose what you like, while keeping in mind that you'll be photographed from every angle in whatever you end up wearing. The decision ends up being pretty complicated! And she'll always be bland in comparison with Haakon's sister--anyone would! I do think as time goes by she'll continue to settle into her role and her dress will improve.

Brown and White dress by Ove Harder Finseth for Märtha Louises 30th birthday, he also made a matching bag and shoes, she is also wearing a (ugly) fur stole and a three string pearl necklace and bracelet that was a gift from Haakon

Pink dress again by Ove Harder Finseth for the wedding between Laurentien and Constantijn in may 2001. Pretty much the her first long dress the Norwegian fashionpolice really liked, I also liked it perfect fit and collour, could have left out the fake flower in her hair thogh. She looked incredible skinny then...

This was the first dress Ove Harder Finseth made for her and after that everyone was sure he would also do the weddingdress. He later told that when they decided that they were going to model the weddingdress after Queen Mauds dresses, they decided to go see her dresses in a museum in Oslo. They had to arrive and leave at different times so the press would not know it was he who made the dress since his name was in the speculations from the day they got engaged.

Beige dress for the prewedding concert for Frederik and Mary by Ove Harder Finseth. For the first time she wore Queen Sonjas Amethysts, tiara, brooch, ring and bracelet. This is also the first time she wore her house order, the portrait of King Harald.

I really liked the hairdo despite the masses of hairextensions...

Light blue dress for Märtha Louises wedding by Ove Harder Finseth in two parts, top with silver embrodery and tull skirt. The purse is made of the same fabric as the top. She is also wearing blue glows. The tiara is her weddingtiara as well as the earrings she recived the day before her wedding, a diamond bracelet and a smal heart shaped brooch on her sash

The top of the dress and the purse was made of the wrap she wore for the galadinner for Queen Elizabeth

Aftenposte, cover, fotomarktplats bt.no

Last edited:
1-3 Top by Alberta Feretti
Alberta Feretti had alot of ruffles in her latest collection:

4-5
Brown suit used during her first solovisit abroad to Washington (she went there as patron for the norwegian council for design) by itallian label Marni i belive. With her favourite beige bag (used atleast 20 times) her favourite mustard yellow boots and dear I say favourite brown turtleneck:p
cover, fotomarktplatz and vogue

Attachments

• 00270f.jpg
    00270f.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 391
  • 00030f.jpg
    00030f.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 470
  • 1049920_b.jpg
    1049920_b.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 4,392
  • CAS1QN4H.jpg
    CAS1QN4H.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 247
  • CAY3CHAN.jpg
    CAY3CHAN.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
After a year I'd been watching her appearances I could say that Mette Marit has transformed to be an elegant princess. Most of her clothes look nice and fit on her, specially her gala-costumes.

I wish she would experiment more with her hair (not put orange into it) but something like the hairdo's of the princesses of Sweden.

I have really enjoyed this thread! One thing I wonder is whether all the CP's have a style/hair advisor or if each is left to her own to figure this out? To me it seems that some CP's seem to 'get it right' more often than others and I wonder if those women have advisors and others do not.

Chanel suit used on arrival in Thailand
Also Marie Chantal and Rosario of Bulgaria has this suit
Also a similar-ish suit by chanel from the catwalk
getty, vogue

Attachments

• Rosario.jpg
    Rosario.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 613
  • Marie Chantal.jpg
    Marie Chantal.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 428
  • 51778522.jpg
    51778522.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 2,271
  • chanelss2004.jpg
    chanelss2004.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 2,158
Last edited:
She looks lovely in the sky blue dress, but the dress looks like an oversized tee .

Whats a tee?

I think the dress is to big and not at all fittet to her body,which makes it look unshapely, the colour is nice on her though, I wish she would use more colours in her day wardrobe, its waaay to much grey, beige, black and dark blue. Its not like you have to wear dark colour just because its winter...

The prada dress in post #67 looked so cheap and its an old ladies dress.

I love the chanel suit in post #65, its just so elegent, but i refered it better on Marie-chantal.

More from Alberta Feretti. The top and skirt from her autumn winter 2004\2005 sollection, I include some similar coats from her collection with the same thin "lines" in the fabric
nrk, vogue

Attachments

• 00310f.jpg
    00310f.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 340
  • ut_2004_4_stor.jpg
    ut_2004_4_stor.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 353
  • alberta.jpg
    alberta.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 282
  • albertafer.jpg
    albertafer.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Christian Louboutin shoes, with the trademark red sole, also include some of his shoes to compare.Mary also has a pair of Louboutins
colourpress and seegerpress

Attachments

• COLOUR10081826.jpg
    COLOUR10081826.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 314
  • 140904-londonseeger3.jpg
    140904-londonseeger3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
Larzen said:
Christian Louboutin shoes, with the trademark red sole, also include some of his shoes to compare.Mary also has a pair of Louboutins
I think the dutch would not be happy if their royal wore louboutins and prada. The price of these clothes can be traced and can irritate.
Funny how the scandinavians do not critisize

Im all for Royals wearing national designers but to say that the dutch dont do Prada and tracable clothes is a bit of a stretch. Maxima even got her wedding dress from über expensive Valentino and has several other gala dresses by him, she has worn Prada several times as well as clothes and hats from Belgium...Accually she is the only Princess which I have not heared that has a "favourite" national designer. Mathilde has Natan and Oliver Strelli, Letizia has Caprile and Verela, Mary has Uffe Frank and Malene Birger and MM has Ove Harder Finseth, Victoria has Lars Wahlin... Mabel does Dutch designer though Im not a fan of the Victor and Rolw bowtiful creations....Dont know where Laurentien shops??

Larzen said:
Im all for Royals wearing national designers but to say that the dutch dont do Prada and tracable clothes is a bit of a stretch. Maxima even got her wedding dress from über expensive Valentino and has several other gala dresses by him, she has worn Prada several times as well as clothes and hats from Belgium...Accually she is the only Princess which I have not heared that has a "favourite" national designer. Mathilde has Natan and Oliver Strelli, Letizia has Caprile and Verela, Mary has Uffe Frank and Malene Birger and MM has Ove Harder Finseth, Victoria has Lars Wahlin... Mabel does Dutch designer though Im not a fan of the Victor and Rolw bowtiful creations....Dont know where Laurentien shops??
if you saw the green outfit on this website, there where holiday on ice shops.

the valentino wedding dress was a big step for the dutch and I loved it. The belgian designer is no big deal (I think), he is just like many of the dutch designers. When did she wear prada?

Marilene sometimes wears clothes that look like the ones sold at the Pauw stores in amsterdam. But they might also be Scapa of belgium.

Diane Von Furstenberg maternity top. She is 8 months pregnant at the nobel concert
polfoto, vogue

Attachments

• diane von Furstenberg.jpg
    diane von Furstenberg.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 291
  • mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:
Mette-Marit would look much better if she chose form-fitting clothing. She seems to be playing it too safe and comes across looking a bit more matronly and older than she really is. Her dress for the Danish wedding was nice but would have been suitable to a woman in her 40s. Her outfits from Prada are nice but not exactly eye catching. She needs to stand out a bit from the people around her.

Yesterday Mette-Marit was at Norwegian Fashion Week and saw the Show of Norwegian design duo "Arne & Carlos" They confirm to VG-paper edition that she uses their clothes.

Here is a link to their homepage and latest collections
http://www.arne-carlos.com/

Tomorrow she will see The Salvation Army (FRETEX) fashionshow which also is part of the Fashion week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom