Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Designers: August 2004 - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzen

Heir Presumptive
I will start with her wedding dress, it was designed and made by Ove Harder Finseth, the Queens seemstress Anna Bratland also helped make it. It is made with inspiration from Queen Mauds dresses. The tiara is from 1910 and a gift from the King and Queen
Pictures from VG, Silkehuset and Corbis
The wedding dress

http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/998832017.jpg

An interview with the designer in Norwegian
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=612763

Attachments

• showLayoutImage.jpg
    showLayoutImage.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 411
  • refg.jpg
    refg.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 2,142
  • norge15.jpg
    norge15.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 2,248
  • norge16.jpg
    norge16.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 2,723
  • norge17.jpg
    norge17.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,008
  • norge14.jpg
    norge14.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 2,656
Last edited by a moderator:
Andrè Wallenborg made the dress for the prewedding dinner, he is really a purse designer, and said he was suprised to be asked to make her prewedding dress

She also used this dress without the flower for the gala dinner for the president of Estonia
Pictures from fotomarktplatz, cover, vogue, nrk and viennareport

Vera Wang made this brownish dress, she has used i 3 times, for official pictures, for gala dinner in Oslo and for the dutch CP wedding

Blue Valentino dress for prewedding dinner in Spain

Last edited:
1 and 2 Prada shoes
3 and 4 Prada pull over
5 Prada bag
colourpress, vogue and aftenposten

Attachments

• 100047035.jpg
    100047035.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 678
  • COLOUR10039166.jpg
    COLOUR10039166.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 794
  • METTE-MARIT__003016_198908g.jpg
    METTE-MARIT__003016_198908g.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 2,581
  • 00110f.jpg
    00110f.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 2,537
  • COLOUR10033536.jpg
    COLOUR10033536.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 730
Last edited:
Dolce and Gabbana pant suit
VG

Attachments

• wjefkw.jpg
    wjefkw.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 776
  • nnkfdsjk.jpg
    nnkfdsjk.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
I couldn't figure out who the designers are on these sunglasses.

sunglasses

The not so reliable Se og Hør says they are Gucci, I dont know anything about sunglasses.

Thanks for all this pics! Most of them are showing a very regal Mette-Marit!

Thanks for the information.

I think especially the outfits made by the Norwegian designers are very beautiful.

According to the latest issue of Vogue the dress Mette-Marit wore to the Danish wedding was by Valentino

According to VG her coat for Ingrids baptism was by Marc Jacobs, not her greatest success IMO the buttons was a little strangely plazedd and the coat made her look heavier than she was.

Actress Amanda Peet also has a very similar coat from Marc Jacobs
vocer, getty and polfoto

Attachments

• ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 445
  • CA8J77US.jpg
    CA8J77US.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 387
  • CAXAD602.jpg
    CAXAD602.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 510
  • 6vr01k52_guest.jpg
    6vr01k52_guest.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:
Top from Märthas prewedding youth party from Stella McCarthy
(I think this is a good hairdo for her, it loose and styled but at the same time out of her face, I also like the colour for her, I wish she would use more strong colours like this)

Liv Tyler has a similar top from her friend Stella McCarthy
Vg and getty

Attachments

• jfkjsdkgrrf.jpg
    jfkjsdkgrrf.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 732
  • 852826.jpg
    852826.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 699
Last edited:
Burberry, (thanks to Alisa)

Bag used pre engagement

Scarf used during her first trip in Norway

Jacket which She first wore it for cristmas 2002 and then had it alterd so that she could use it when she was pregnant(colourpress.com)
VG, colourpress, eastnews and waypress

Attachments

• Burberry bag.jpg
    Burberry bag.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 759
  • Burberry scarf.jpg
    Burberry scarf.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 426
  • Burberry jacket pregnant.jpg
    Burberry jacket pregnant.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 379
  • NORWEGIA_HAAKON_METTE_085.jpg
    NORWEGIA_HAAKON_METTE_085.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 779
Last edited:
Chanel
1 Jacket used in Russia whilst pregnant from Chanel, I would like to see it again now that she will be able to close it properly

2 According to Cathèrine Bergeyck this is also Chanel
colourpress and getty

Attachments

• COLOUR10038210.jpg
    COLOUR10038210.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 798
  • 2677145.jpg
    2677145.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:
I like the way she wore the jacket unclosed to sort of show the black dress underneath (last picture).

The outfit would look really nice with pair of slingbacks opposed to a pair of boots.:)

Another jacket by Prada , used during a reception onboard Norge during the visit to Finnmark and in Thailand

Mary has a similar jacket in grey without the collar, I dont particularily care for theese jackets, very unshaply and does not flatter their bodies IMO.
fotomarktplatz and vogue

Attachments

• Blue prada jacket catwalk.jpg
    Blue prada jacket catwalk.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,271
  • MM blue prada jacket.jpg
    MM blue prada jacket.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 406
  • prada2.jpg
    prada2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 983
  • Mary grey prada jacket.jpg
    Mary grey prada jacket.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 412
  • Grey Prada Jacet catwalk.jpg
    Grey Prada Jacet catwalk.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,360
Last edited:
Beige, boring and Prada (again!)
I Mette-Marit and Rania has the Jacket and the first skirt. Mary has the 2. more straight skirt.
colourpress, vogue, berlingske

Attachments

• MM Prada suit.jpg
    MM Prada suit.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 928
  • MAry Prada skirt.jpg
    MAry Prada skirt.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 478
  • ranoa.jpg
    ranoa.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 791
  • MM and Rania skirt catwalk.jpg
    MM and Rania skirt catwalk.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,280
  • MM and Rania Jacket catwalk.jpg
    MM and Rania Jacket catwalk.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 696
  • Mary skirt catwalk.jpg
    Mary skirt catwalk.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,211
Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, I get the impression Mette-Marit, Mary and Maxima do not wear much by national designers--it's always Prada and Valentino and such. Is that true or a misconception on my part? You would think they would support the locals, like Mette-Marit's sister-in-law does, for example.

On the contrary Mary wears alot of Danish designers, her 14 day trip to Greenland and almost and all of her formal gowns are made by Danish designers. She likes Prada and wears it well, and she occasionally mixes up a Prada piece with that of a Danish designer. She also wears on many occasions pieces of jewelry from Danish designer Marianne Dulong.

Princess Máxima seldomly wears anything drom Dutch designers, which is a pity because I am sure there are lots talented fashion designers that she can choose from. However most of her outfits are from Natan, a Belgian designer.

Crown Princess MM also wears Norwegian designers

Last edited:
I think Mette-Marit wears quite alot of Norwegian designers, but it is not so easy to identyfy as say Prada or Valentiono. The Norwegian designers are very descrete and usually dont talk to the media about what they make. I think there has been more forreign designers for her lately, and IMO she loks better in Norwegian designers because the clothes are better tailored for her.

When MM first got engaged and started to buy clothes in Norway, ever so often the papers would search the stores in Oslo and the write in the paper how much it costed. So then she went to America to shop, and all the clothes from Alberta Ferettis 2001 collections wich she still wears, and wore alot before and after her weeding I suspect is from that trip.

IMO Maxima should just bite her teeth and buy atleast one Dutch gown just to see how it feels. When there are talented designers in the small scandinavian countries there must also be some i the Netherlands.

Last edited:
I still feel that Martha is a far better dresser than Mette Marit,her use of colours is not basheful and is so beautiful.MM always looks so pale and devoid of colour.Martha manages to use designs and colours that accentuates her personality and skin colouring.

This yellow and white knittet dress that Mette-Marit wore to a childrens culturalfestival 16.08.02 is by the Norwegian designer Siri Findal. Very unusual colour for her.

From eastnews and vg.no

Attachments

• null_63557a.jpg
    null_63557a.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 277
  • METTE_MARIT_084.jpg
    METTE_MARIT_084.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:
I only read about these ladies on this board and all I ever read is Prada Prada Prada with a Hugo Boss or two, so I had the impression that was mostly what they wore. Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like Maxima does however stick to foreign designers. What a shame.

This pink coat and hat is by the danish designer, "Day/Birger" I saw the coat on a danish celebrety in BilledBladet and the text said it was by "Day/Birger", I have never heared of it before, is it connected to Malene Birger that designes for Mary?

The Dress is also by Day/Birger, she used it under another jacket in Thailand

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Larzen for compiling this information into such an interesting thread. It's a great idea! Great pics too.

Thank you so much for all your efforts in this thread, Larzen. It is very detailed and so well put together. I have learned a lot not only about Mette-Marit's personal style but also about many other designers.

The black dress (At least its black in the black and white picture) used in the photo shoot for Vanity Fair was by Valentino
The white dress used in the same photo shoot is by Tatters Limited
if you have money to burn you can have the valentino dress in red:D
vanity fair/aftenposten and vogue

Attachments

• kdfnksd.jpg
    kdfnksd.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 586
  • mettemarit11.jpg
    mettemarit11.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 2,228
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg