Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 6: August 2012 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coat is too tight. She should wear a thinner blouse with it, the sleeves are absolutely pulling. Lovely color though.

I like this outfit with scarf and no scarf, though the sweater would be more elegant if the bottom was inside the skirt.
But those boots, no no no. Open toe boots are never elegant, IMO

is she wearing a green shirt with a blue suit jacket, and a beige skirt?
and brown "shoes" ??

^^yes, but since the skirt is quite dark I think it looks ok.

Thanks, for adding better views of the shoes. They are even worse than I thought

The jacket is boxy and the shoes are IMO just horrible too horrible and with tights ??? I just don't believe it.

Among all the royals, Mette-Marit's wardrobe can truly be said to run from the ridiculous to the sublime. All I can say about today's is that it's not the most ridiculous I've seen on her.

As for those shoes - who knew she shopped the clearance rack at Payless Shoe Source? :ermm:

This is a pretty bad look. Another jacket that is way too tight she can't even raise her arms in it. The pictures above are flattering compared to the others I saw.
It might have been saved with trousers the same navy as the jacket, that fit, instead of the black tights and ugly length skirt which really make her legs look thick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brown ugly open toed shoes with black tights and the beige handbag and big pink scarf. Looks like she got dressed in the dark.

She has alot going on here; b&w, stripes, cutesy animal on the sweather, brown peeptoe booties with camel colored handbag.

Best described as random dressing. Maybe this is funky in Norway - she was spending time with young people (so it seemed) so she thought this was appropriate.

But I'm not young and I don't like it - I don't even understand why anyone would think these pieces go together.

She certainly gives Stephanie Luxembourg a run for her money as worst dressed princess but I think MM has the lead as of now. She can and has done much better.

Last edited:
Mette Marit is now moving into People of Walmart territory. I suppose they need a new section over there for Princess of Walmart.

I general like what Princess Mette Marit wears but of late she is just throwing stuff on with out seeing how it all goes ! shame becasue she is a lovely looking woman

I general like what Princess Mette Marit wears but of late she is just throwing stuff on with out seeing how it all goes ! shame becasue she is a lovely looking woman

Exactly, I think she could put a little more effort into her clothing, she doesn't look appropriate IMO for an official event. Maybe she needs a stylist like cp Mary? just saying:)

Exactly, I think she could put a little more effort into her clothing, she doesn't look appropriate IMO for an official event. Maybe she needs a stylist like cp Mary? just saying:)

Nah, I think she just needs to stop taking fashion advice from little Sverre and Ingrid.

Exactly my thoughts, she has had some lovely looks in the past but lately there has been nothing that has even come close. Also I think her hair has been looking really terrible for a while, flat and parted in the middle. Mostly she looks just sloppy and like she isn't making any effort.

Exactly my thoughts, she has had some lovely looks in the past but lately there has been nothing that has even come close. Also I think her hair has been looking really terrible for a while, flat and parted in the middle. Mostly she looks just sloppy and like she isn't making any effort.

I just hate her hair colour. Looks fake and plastic.

Maybe she just needs a new mirror and a light bulb in her dressing room.

Nice outfit, she looks radiant, my only dislike is the shooties...she really needs to burn those!:/

I don't know whether to be impressed or horrified:ohmy:, but I love that Mette Marit doesn't care what others think, she just wears what she think is "cool"!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom