Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 6: August 2012 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great outfit! She looks very nice

She wants to look trendy but the outfit looks just horrible, she is more a classic girl not a trendy fashion one...she doesn't look good!

With the jacket the look is quite fashionable/magazine simple style especially with the leopard print bag. Without the coat this is just another casual look.

I hate boots like that ... she looks awful bar for the pretty pink jumper IMO

It is not a bad outfit, very frish and youthful... But MM seems in this like an IT-girl. So I think it is not the best choice for a crownprincess.

I'm on the fence with this one. I do like how the ensemble looks with the coat, and feel that it's appropriate for a visit to a school (comfort is almost always the key when dealing with kids), but, when the coat comes off, something is missing.

I don't love the boots myself, but I think it's a fine look for a school visit.

Today's outfit and colour were both nice. Nothing special, just nice, IMO.

The Valentino coat was not flattering at all. Such a boring color to wear to a wedding thats taking place in the morning. The headpiece/band looked silly IMO. She could've just worn a proper hat. She lands on the worst dress list for me.

It didn't work, period. She can do so much better !

I think it should be avoid to wear an outfit in black(except male) to a wedding. MM seems love to dress herself in black in winter time years by years. I hope she wears a bright colour more often in the coming winter.

The outfit is nice but not for a wedding. Dislike the headband, she should have worn a hat.

I did not like the navy on her it was unflattering IMO and what is the thing in her hair?? mysterious the whole thing IMO

Somehow the navy at the wedding didn't work. It seemed too dark for a wedding. The fit of the coat was off, whether from what was underneath or bad tailoring, I can't tell since we don't know what the dress looked like. I hated her hair and that whatever she wore in it. I also have a major problem with the unreleaved navy and the nude shoes. If she was going to wear the lighter shoes, she should have had something else in the same shade. Personally, I would have preferred navy shoes with this one. As it is, it looks like she packed the wrong shoes and didn't have time to go buy a pair to match and was hoping no one would notice.

The coat was to die for, and there's no rule about navy at a wedding, especially in the fall.

About her headpiece, who cares if it wasn't a hat? Clearly, the protocol hawks didn't win out, so it's okay.

She's one of the best dressed on my list.

The hair braid and that stupid headband made her look very 60s "crunchy granola". All she was missing were the Birkenstocks. The dress was very dark and depressing but she should hang on to it for the next funeral she attends.

NGalitzine said:
The hair braid and that stupid headband made her look very 60s "crunchy granola". All she was missing were the Birkenstocks.
Seriously?

Seriously?

Yes, seriously! I half expected her to go and wrap her arms around a tree or to munch on trail mix during the ceremony. It was a very bad look overall.
She has done much better at other weddings but lately her fashion sense has been pretty poor,

The coat is lovely, but too dark for a wedding. The headband makes her look like a schoolgirl, why she put that at a wedding of an heir? She looked unprofessional and inappropriate.

NGalitzine said:
Yes, seriously! I half expected her to go and wrap her arms around a tree or to munch on trail mix during the ceremony. It was a very bad look overall.
She has done much better at other weddings but lately her fashion sense has been pretty poor,

She's taking risks and her fashion is more avant garde than yours.

And hugging a tree isn't a crime. It would be weird to see a person *actually* hugging a tree, but it's not a crime.

I am also offended by your insinuation that only certain types of people like granola. I like granola. And bathing. And Mette-Marit's outfit.

Her coat is to die for.The lace is so luxurious.
Color is a bit too dark but she seems to have a nice colored dress under the coat.
Her headband is silly and adds nothing to the look

The outfit is beautiful but the colour doesn't suit Mette-Marit at all. About the accessories, the bag is nice but the shoes are ugly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom