Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 5: August 2011 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like the shoes...it goes with the outfit.

Not liking the shoes. Everything else looks good though.

The grey and black look nice together. I agree about the shoes. They're not to my liking.

She looks very nice and happy to be there !

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the opening of a Global Shapers event today, April 27, 2012, wearing a
white/silver skirt, a top in black and special earrings - very simple, but nice.

** Full view ** Upper part **

I like this - as Iceflower said this is simple. Mette-Marit in my opinion always looks best in nice simple clean lines.

She looks great! I love the simplicity of her outfit!

The outfit is a bit too plain for my taste.
On the other hand, no horrible tights in sight, so that's a thumbs up from me.

I'd have liked another choice of blouse, but just to see her wear a nice skirt with flesh-toned hosiery that showcase her marvelous legs is great. But the earrings are too big and don't coordinate well at all with the outfit.

Last edited:
I like her choice for todays event, simple, clean yet professional. I don't like her earrings, to costume type, they are by Prada.

I liked the outfit. Her complexion, on the other hand, appears to be rough.

Love that outfit, simple and elegant but not too stiff. Don't like the earrings, they don't match to the clean cuts of the top and skirt.

The earrings are a bit much IMO for such a classic outfit.

MM does best in non-fussy outfits. I adore those earrings!!

At least she isn't wearing the black tights! She doesn't have the figure to wear a gathered skirt like this, it doesn't do much for her, neither does the top. I love the color combo and the colors on her, but less pouf around the middle, and a little more on the top would have gone a long way.

I love that simple outfit, it's very elegant.

:previous:
That she was to be off skiing immediately afterwards? Honestly, that's the only reason why anyone would wear hat like that. And that veil detailing... :ohmy:

That's just beyond me: $440 for a hat that looks like it was created by a child in crafts class - and not a very good one too. :ermm:
Why, Mette-Marit, why?

She's worn the same outfit at her very first National Day balcony appearance in 2001.

The ensemble looks so much better with that lovely hat she wore in 2001.
I wouldn't mind a repeat; in fact, I wouldn't mind even no hat, as long as she avoided the horrible thing from today.

not keen on that hat at all

The expensive ski hat did not add an edgy touch to a boring ensemble. Crown Princess Mette Marit has got nice millinery that would have been a much better choice. The rest of the look is lovely.

Last edited:
Very boring outfit. Also, the hat is horrible!

I don't understand a ski hat/turban with a veil attached; really very noticeable in a bad way. The rest of the outfit leaves a "meh" feeling with me. Now if she wore that perky little hat from 2001, it would have uplifted the outfit somewhat.

Last edited:
The hat doesn't go with the outfit period. All I noticed was the hat.

It is a beanie with a mesh wrap-around and it costs $440. Wow!
At first I thought she had a bandana on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom