Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 5: August 2011 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with posters who expresses a mismatched look here- everything seems so random about this outfit. I would love to know more about the torquoise bracelet she's been wearing lately.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit receiving the guests from Britain today, March 20, 2012 in Oslo,
wearing a verly lovely skirt and the rest in black. I like the individual parts of the outfit, but
for my taste it's a bit too much black in combination with that lovely spring skirt:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up **

:previous:

It's not that I wouldn't like all the parts of the outfit. Separately! All this black is too heavy for the skirt IMO. I also think that the jacket might be too shapeless for her, it makes her look big which she isn't. I'm also not fond of that hairstyle, but then - hair parted in the middle rarely attracts me. Mette can do much much better than this.

My only complaint would be that the stockings are too thick - light black would have looked much nicer. Other than that, I like this outfit and I think that MM looks very neat & pretty.

I agree. The black jacket, hose and shoes are far too "heavy" for soft the spring skirt. Possibly a white or pale grey jacket would have lifted the entire look. Alternatively I would have liked Mette-Marit to "picked up" a bit more of the pink in the skirt.

The black jacket and tights just "bookend" her light skirt. If she wore a soft gray or pink jacket picking up one of the accents of the skirt and got rid of the opaque hose and worn gray or pink shoes, this could have looked so much better with the various possibilities. And I don't care for that skinny belt worn high on the waist. I don't mind her wearing her hair back if she styled it better; this looks very prim and schoolmarmish.

Last edited:
The outfit is just horrible. That summery, floaty dress just shouldn't be combined with tights that dark or a black jacket. I like the combination of the belt and shoes, but not the rest of the ensemble. This said, I often find it very hard to say anything negative about Mette-Marit because she does look beautiful (outfit notwithstanding); in a way, it's almost like her inner beauty shines through. And I'd choose inner beauty over the most expensive and elegant appearance any day. :)

Last edited:
They're doing a wreath laying ceremony which explains the black on both women. I agree that if the hose were sheer black instead of black tights the outfit be okay.

Agree with posters who expresses a mismatched look here- everything seems so random about this outfit. I would love to know more about the torquoise bracelet she's been wearing lately.

Here is a short article with a close-up of the turquoise bracelet. They call it Salvador Dalì-bracelet and that it's a luck charm.
Mette Marits tredje öga | Åsas kungliga Europa
Google Translation

Here is an article about the bracelet with the turtles she's been wearing lately.
KRONPRINSESSE METTE-MARIT - Sjekk Mette-Marits nye armbånd - Side2
Google Translation

As for her outfit today, I think it's ok. Quite typical for her imo to wear a combination like this.

The outfit is just horrible. This said, I often find it very hard to say anything negative about Mette-Marit because she does look beautiful (outfit notwithstanding); in a way, it's almost like her inner beauty shines through. And I'd choose inner beauty over the most expensive and elegant appearance any day. :)

I have to agree with you except I would not always choose inner beauty over a good outfit. For me, dressing the part in a stylish and appropriate manner is sign of respect for the others and for ourself, it can show how a person is complete. I find this especially true considering that MM is the future queen of Norway.

I'm happy that she never engaged in a fashion contest with more fashion-oriented crown princesses (like the two beautiful Mary and Maxima) but I would like her to be more colorful and innovative in her clothing. I would also like her to make more fun choices for her children, especially princess Ingrid. Childhood doesn't have to be that brownish or grayish beige boring. A child can wear colors without sending a wrong message in these hard econocial times of ours. I could NOT live through a winter in Norway if all the clothes are that depressing!

Do not get me wrong, MM is a very beautiful and brillant woman but with an shaky fashion sense. It drives me crazy that fashion-wise, IMHO, she probably makes all the fashion mistakes there is like mixing without success too many fabrics colors and styles in the very same outfit or going on a trend and no letting go of it (the evening dresses with ruffles and ruffles and...). Luckily she kinda stays conservative in her choices (I don't think she would ever pull a pant-dress like Mabel did at the wedding).

If she could only follow Camilla's way of dressing, could you just imagine how spectacular but always appropriate she would be!

I love that jacket but not with the skirt.

M-M's bracelet is the "evil eye". I have one like it from the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, FL. I liked it when I bought it, but now I find it creepy and will be donating it to the animal Flea Market in late April. Shiver...

That was my first thought when I saw a close-up of it... Creepy! Yuck.

My only complaint would be that the stockings are too thick - light black would have looked much nicer. Other than that, I like this outfit and I think that MM looks very neat & pretty.

Completely Agree With You , The Stocking Toooo Thick & I Hate That Very Much :flowers:

Simply awful and extremely unflattering. With the loose jacket and belt, looks like she's put on 20 pounds. The heavy dark hose have to go. Do not like the makeup either.

Those thick black stockings have gotta go! Winter is over, time for spring.
Didn't she just recently wear a grey jacket? It would've gone nicely with this skirt.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit receiving the guests from Britain today, March 20, 2012 in Oslo,
wearing a verly lovely skirt and the rest in black. I like the individual parts of the outfit, but
for my taste it's a bit too much black in combination with that lovely spring skirt:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up **

Skirt is by Roberto Cavalli
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

I love the skirt! The print is not too bold, its colorful yet elegant. I like the match of the jacket but A more fitted or boxy jacket would've worked nicer. The tights were too thick for the look.

I think the pieces separately would look great but I'm not sure if I like them together though. MM looks great though and I like that she's experimenting with bold lip colors.

If she could only follow Camilla's way of dressing, could you just imagine how spectacular but always appropriate she would be!

Err, I do think that Camilla dresses very nicely for her position, age and body shape, but I don't think Mette should dress like her.
Yes, she had a few faux pas in the last weeks, but she has looked splendid at the big events in the last about two years, the wedding in Sweden, Queen Margrethe's jubilee etc. etc. She's experimenting a lot and I think it's only natural that sometimes the result is not so great.

The only thing I really would change is her pancake make up and the shade of blond. She looked better with neutral/natural make up and haircolor IMO.

Last edited:
This beautiful skirt should have been worn separately, with other bright-coloured clothes and accessories. Why all that black in late March?? :ermm:

This beautiful skirt should have been worn separately, with other bright-coloured clothes and accessories. Why all that black in late March?? :ermm:

The calendar may say March, but perhaps the weather is still saying winter:flowers:

Baroness of Books said:
Great view of the back. Is it the photo, or does she have a light protective netting around the bun?

Indeed she has one! Like in the old times.

The calendar may say March, but perhaps the weather is still saying winter:flowers:

Sure but I'm so out of the winter mode that I can't look at anything black anymore :argh: - it was a hard winter anyway. :ermm:
Her hairstyle is very interesting, this bun is pretty fun! :flowers:

Today at a meeting with Pøbelprosjekt.
full view
The grey jacket she's worn recently with the pink dress looks much better with pants. I'm not so keen on the shoes.

I actually like that look quite a lot; it's casual and pretty, and quite appropriate for the event. And most importantly, no black tights!

But what about those peep-toe shoes? Awful..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom