Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 5: August 2011 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TOO TOO TERRIBLE I am afraid if this continues she will turn into a granny.

I may be the only one but I kinda like the outfit. At least its not the worst one.
The skirt is ok, The jacket is nice.
Shoes might be different but simmer is short so why not now :whistling:

I like this outfit, too. The nude tones are very trendy and I like her light make-up and the hair. She is sooooooooo pretty.

July 22, 2012 - MM at the memorial service in a soft white skirt and a boxy cut top.
I really like her overall, the top is lovely and and the style works well with the skirt.
Her hair also looks very nice.

Back view ** Full view ** Close up

An elegant look and entirely appropriate for the sad occasion.

She looks very smart and appropriately dressed. Well done.

Very appropriate of course. I love her hairstyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
July 25, 2012 - MM in Washington wearing a white dress matched with a red jacket and her Valentino heels

Full view

I love her Valentino heels!

Love the red and white and Valentino shoes. Much better choice than the boxy black jacket completely unflattering

Always loved the combination of red and white.
From what I can see, Mette-Marit looks lovely. :)

Love this look on her and I really like the shoes.

I love this outfit it is a pity the pic is not closer !

Crown Princess Mette-Marit's ensemble is smart. I liked the colour combination.

She looks very lovely. Love the combination of the dress and the red jacket. The shoes look interesting.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the Population Services International (PSI) 2012 Impact awards at the Corcoran Gallery of Art in Washington, DC, July 25, 2012, wearing a pale pink lace dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Mette Marit is wearing the same lace used for the outfit Queen Silvia wore for Princess Estelle's christening.
Silvia's jacket was a one-of-a-kind design by Valentino, Mette Marit is wearing the Valentino collection dress, which was originally presented in red.

Queen Silvia's Valentino:
http://s14.postimage.org/juxj8livl/Newscom_dpaphotos693844.jpg

Last edited:
I like the dress and the lace but not too sure about the color, I like the red version better. I think if she had a different hairstyle, the overall would've looked nicer.

LadyFinn said:
I'm not a fan of this dress, the colour isn't my favourite on her and it makes Mette Marit look bigger than she really is.
More photos
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/mette-marit-i-valentino-5/

The sleeves make her shoulders look bigger than they are, throwing off the proportions of the dress. And then the peplum (is that what I'm seeing?) waist highlights the largest part of her mid-section. Not entirely flattering. I find that Valentino often cuts his clothes in such a way that are not flattering to anyone above a size 1.

However, I love the color, because I feel it give MM's cheeks a warm glow and highlights her eyes.

I'm not a fan of this dress, the colour isn't my favourite on her and it makes Mette Marit look bigger than she really is.
More photos
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/mette-marit-i-valentino-5/

But its see through. :eek: Underwear is visible in this shot and the closeup posted earlier by iceflower. Or convince me I'm wrong cos I'd like to be wrong on this.

Apart from that, thank goodness she didn't wear the full original with flouncy sleeves and peplum - apart from size 0 models, who could wear it?

The dress is eh, the fact that it's made of lacy sheer material I would wear it.

Last edited:
I think there is a lining underneath the lace, and the lining is white/light pink. Maybe that's what makes it look see-through?

More photos
Mette-Marit i Valentino | kungligamodebloggen
I agree. The cut of this dress is not doing MM any favors. I'm not loving the color either, I would love to see it in a pretty blush or taupe with a matching lining. It's not hideous, but I've seen MM wear much, much better.

The dress is all right, but Crown Princess Mette-Marit looks big in it.

mm not suree about the pink lace not doing much for her IMO the colour is really lovely but it makes her appear blocky and fat and she is not so bad choice better luck next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom