The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the grey suit, it´s simple and elegant

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 11-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofajr View Post
Lovely coat, bag and my favourite Mary Janes:

Sunnmørsposten - Forstørret bilde.
Sunnmørsposten - Forstørret bilde
I second - these are my very favorite Mary Janes too!

I also like the red coat and the handag that she has with it. It is nice to see her in colors from time to time. And her hair looks like it has been done recently. Her roots I mean. She look great!

Does anyone know what brand her Mary Janes are?
I would like to buy a pair of these, but she wore them last year too, so they might not be available anymore.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Nobility

Laurentienne, I think her Mary Janes are by Gucci, but I'm not completely sure.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really like this coat as well with a nice raised collar. It's different.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

The red suit is gorgeous and the gray suit is simple, but elegant, it could have been altered a bit more for fit, but Mette-Marit looked nice. I was at the mall today and Mary Janes are still in style, one can buy them in a whole range of prices.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Moderator Emeritus

MM today: wearing a grey/lavender colored coat/dress.

http://i49.tinypic.com/10zbm2p.jpg anp
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2009/PPE09112005.jpg

Old 11-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The coat is lovely, I love all the samll pleates down the front and the fact that its not all over the coat/dress. The tie is ideal instead of an added belt to the dress. I think this color looks really nice on her. I dont mind the black tights here, they blend in with the shoes therefore makes her look taller.
Im not sure about the bag, its too creamy/brown for the overall look IMO.
Great hair do.
Close up
Old 11-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Simply lovely. The color is wonderful on MM and I don't even mind the black tights. She looks so fresh faced and her hair looks the best of all the princesses. Way to stand out MM!
Old 11-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The coat is lovely, I love all the samll pleates down the front and the fact that its not all over the coat/dress. The tie is ideal instead of an added belt to the dress. I think this color looks really nice on her. I dont mind the black tights here, they blend in with the shoes therefore makes her look taller.
Im not sure about the bag, its too creamy/brown for the overall look IMO.
Great hair do.
Close up
She look quite shiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I love the coat, she looks wonderful.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

Some more good views:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2a5kls3.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/23vj7dj.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/25z0cg4.jpg

Daylife.

I like the coat. Something new and not black
Old 11-21-2009, 04:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

The lavender coat is so pretty and her hair looks really good. I don't like the purse though.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Red Coat is really pretty, with the matching bag. Although I love the look of CP M-M in the lavendar coat, the brown bag looked awful with black hose and those wonderful black stelettos!
Old 11-22-2009, 04:59 AM
Commoner

Like Mathilde of Belgium, she exudes such a sweet innocence. She may not have lost her maternity weight but IMO, she looks fine for someone who has had 3 kids. She does sometimes look a bit matronly in her outfits (skirts too long?) but I somehow like her for who she is. There is something very likeable about her. Remember her wedding gown and that wonderful pose with the skirt fanned around her, such a classic beautiful shot
Old 11-22-2009, 05:11 AM
Commoner

It doesn´t matter if you have some pounds more. Also if you are not slim one can dress elegant and tastefully.
Also if you are not coming from Royal circle one can learn a lot. The first impression counts and that´s pretty bad in the case of Mette Marit, cause she has a horrible dressing style, no tast and no glamour. When this women will finally look for a fashion stylist and will give up her " Peasont Woman" style. A woman in that proffession who is representing a country should better take care about her looks and appearings. She might me a nice person, but she is totally a fashion disaster.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:31 AM
Nobility

I don't like all that MM wears but when she does get it right she looks amazing. I love it when she wears the lighter colours and gets rid of the black stockings.

I personally believe that although clothes etc are an important part of being a princess that MM thankfully has more substance than just being a clotheshorse. She is someone who I never doubt is truely passionate about the causes she supports and for me that part of her shines through above the clothes. JMO
Old 11-22-2009, 06:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely coat and hairdo. That shade of grey looks great on her.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 11-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofajr View Post
Some more good views:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2a5kls3.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/23vj7dj.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/25z0cg4.jpg

Daylife.

I like the coat. Something new and not black
We like the not black, don't we. I don't like the bag very much, but the hair is nice.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia1966 View Post
It doesn´t matter if you have some pounds more. Also if you are not slim one can dress elegant and tastefully.
Also if you are not coming from Royal circle one can learn a lot. The first impression counts and that´s pretty bad in the case of Mette Marit, cause she has a horrible dressing style, no tast and no glamour. When this women will finally look for a fashion stylist and will give up her " Peasont Woman" style. A woman in that proffession who is representing a country should better take care about her looks and appearings. She might me a nice person, but she is totally a fashion disaster.

Not at all! I like her reluctant and modest dress sense. I mean, when you complain about the clothes of a Queen Beatrix or a Princess Anne of England - I´m with you. But what could be bad about MMs dresses?
Okay, sometimes accessories or details are not that perfect, but IMO she´s much better dressed than a Prcss Maxima, who´s often much too much over the top.
Royalty shouldn´t think too much about clothes or how to look "glamourous". They should never look like Hollywood stars; their target should be quite other issues!
Old 11-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mette-Marit is definitely no 'fashion disaster' here.

Her grey (is there a touch of lavender in this shade?) coat is striking, her hair was done beautifully, and while I still dislike the combination with the black stockings, they're not totally out of place with the classic patent leather pumps - which are beautiful to look at next to CP Victoria's rather gaudy snake skin platforms (in sofajr's pic here: http://i47.tinypic.com/23vj7dj.jpg ).

No need whatsoever to be all over MM like a bad rash - I found her to be one of the best-dressed ladies on Day 2 of the Stockholm meeting.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Courtier

In my opinion, CP Mette-Marit has a very good, original, personal, individual style of her own. I do like how she combines colours in her outfits, remembering a dark-red suit together with cognac coloured accessories, very interesting, very calm, very intelligent, independent, autonomous.

Tags
daytime fashion, mette-marit