Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was an evening outfit... a completely horrible one. ;)

MM is in pregnant, take some extra pounds or still have some pounds after Sverre.
The pictures were taken in 2006.;)
(Magnus was born in December 2005)

Last edited:
OMG, Princess M-M's pink outfit is so ugly! :eek: I hope she won't wear it again in the future.:ermm:

OMG - this looks like some kind of ballerina tutu dress that her daughter would wear!
MM is so pretty - what a shame and how embarrassing to be dressed so badly -

I don't agree with most of you . I think this colour really suits her . As for her outfit, the top isn't that lovely but maybe someone thiner would have worn it with more elegance and maybe it would have been lovier ...Think of it on Princess Mary or Queen Rania for example ...:hmm:

Anyway, her face looks absolutely gorgeous on these pictures, Mette-Marit is really a beautiful woman .

both Mary and Rania would have had more sense than to pick that outfit. I have seen Mette-Marit up close and she is much prettier than she might appear in some of her photos but she is not particularly thin and that is her problem with some outfits - even when she is not pregnant.

both Mary and Rania would have had more sense than to pick that outfit. I have seen Mette-Marit up close and she is much prettier than she might appear in some of her photos but she is not particularly thin and that is her problem with some outfits - even when she is not pregnant.

I agree because she isnt stick thin, sometimes the clothes and angle of the camera isnt flattering all the time , she is a normal woman, think she is fab !

Mette-Marit arriving in Mexico City
Picture
Shoes

Close-up of MM's snake heels
anp

Well, I hope Her Royal Darkness will continue wearing bright colours during the visit to Mexico. :flowers:

yes it's not black, thumps up! but ... the white combo looks a bit frumpy, the shoes are plain ugly and the necklace is supposed to look mexican, eh? it's not elegant and looks like it has been stolen from ia's pre-school crafting group.

I agree that the outfit looks a little frumpy... but I'll have mercy with her as she just jumped out of the plane after a 10 hours flight to Mexico City. :D
Let's see what she'll wear for the visit to the pyramides and the business events that are scheduled for today.

I'd love to see MM recycling this lovely dress during the visit. ;) (scanpix)

Last edited:
I agree that the outfit looks a little frumpy... but I'll have mercy with her as she just jumped out of the plane after a 10 hours flight to Mexico City. :D

ok ok i don't want to knock her down already on arrival but assuming they travel first class the flight time shouldn't really have too much of an impact on appearance ... i mean there is still this role model of an old lady in royalty who still manages to look impeccable, and not only when she leaves a plane after a long distance flight, and that even at the age of 82 ;)

I agree that the outfit looks a little frumpy... but I'll have mercy with her as she just jumped out of the plane after a 10 hours flight to Mexico City. :D(scanpix)
Not quite, they spent the weekend in Miami:flowers: the colour washes her out, and the shoes are ugly, better luck next time

Let's see what she'll wear for the visit to the pyramides and the business events that are scheduled for today.

That red dress is lovely on Mette-Marit it just sjows how much a vibrant colour can improve appearance

royals.web-log.nl i dislike the necklace

That red dress is lovely on Mette-Marit it just sjows how much a vibrant colour can improve appearance

royals.web-log.nl: Haakon en Mette-marit op bezoek in Mexico i dislike the necklace

:previous: there's something not quite right about this outfit - good that she wore colour but im not keen on the belt (that look works on some people like Letizia and Mary but not on Mette-Marit)

The way that everyone was carrying on when MM arrived in Mexico, I thought that she must have looked like a total disaster! But I saw the photos and she she looked okay to me. Better than when she arrived in Spain for Felipe and Letizia's wedding and she was wearing jeans.
What's with the two different earrings when she wore that pink outfit? Is she trying to start a new trend?

:previous: there's something not quite right about this outfit - good that she wore colour but im not keen on the belt (that look works on some people like Letizia and Mary but not on Mette-Marit)

i think it would look better with a beige skirt, matching the shoes and the belt. the green skirt looks somehow out of place, i agree on the belt issue in general, it looks good on slender women especially letizia or rania but not on mm.

I think that the cream outfit was actually better than the Green skirt (dont personally like the layering-type style of it). The first one sort of reminded me of MM around the time of her wedding somehow.

When did MM wear that dress??? I love it!

Ohhhh , okay... :lol:

Mette-Marit visiting the Frida Kahlo museum
Outfit
Shoes

After getting better looks at this outfit. I will say that I love teh skirt and the color. I also like the match of the white jacket but I think she couldve worn a much nicer, flattering jacket. The one she wore looked worn out, tight and the collar was to closed IMO. The belt was not needed and the shoes didnt match but overall im glad she wore a bright outfit rather than a dark outfit :flowers:

the shoes are ugly but the outfit is the nicest mm has worn so far on this visit. the mexican first lady is spot on, as always. when felipe and letizia came to mexico last year she was impeccably dressed, what a great ambassador for her country.

I quite like the shoes, they are very much in season. fendi & jimmy choo have quite a few of them out as well as dior. The outfit is nice but I find it too casual for a crown princess to wear on an official visit. Its more for a small event or hanging out with friends IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom