Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! She looks GREAT! And she seems relaxed and happy. Awesome!

Lovely pix ! I didn't know they were in San Francisco !
She looks wonderful and so happy !

I agree, sofajr, she looks relaxed, happy and tanned. Not a bad state of affairs really!

I don't like this look on MM at all! :eek:
The curls are a mess . Hideous, IMO!
The outfit is okay. I just wish it wasn't black again.
Outfitswise she looked like she was mourning.

Her Majesty, give her a credit, please. :flowers:
that's definitely not the outfit we all want her to wear. but there's something new - the hairstyle. I think she's trying. let's hope ;)

I think her hair looked nice, maybe a little windswept...but nice none the less...and the tan really just made her face "pop". The black outfit...umm...wish she'd thrown in some color...

Her Majesty, give her a credit, please. :flowers:
I am just tired of giving her credits. :D
When she started to wear her hair messily and to dress darkly I thought: "Well. It's okay. maybe it's just a period in her life. That's okay. None of us can look glammy all the time!"
But now I am just getting tired of her look. She always looks so pale... so unstyled and messy.
I so like Mette-marit and so I am always glad to see her. But I hate her fashion and style.
She looked so pretty in her early years as Princess. Her style was so fresh and elegant. She lost this "fashion-glam". Sadly. :ermm:

Sofjar said:
I think she's trying. let's hope ;)
I will never lose my hope that MM will discover her love for bright and light colors and will cut her hair again (the way she had it last year by the end of the year). ;)

Outfit is too dark, cant really go wrong or right becasue nothing can be seen IMO. Not a fan of biker jackets at all and too an official eveny its not exactly the right choice.
I think the whole outfit didnt go with anything, hair was done nicely but doesnt look good with the look nor does the black stockings.

I must say I like Mette-Marit but her style lately has IMO been really off - particularly since Sverre's birth.

I didn't realise until I looked back on this thread from the beginning and saw all the different colours and styles she used to wear how much she has changed.

I do realise that her shape may have changed (after having children) and that she isn't probably the same size she used to be but some of her older things must still fit.

She has never been over the top with her choice of clothing but lately her outfits have just been dull.

I don't think that it is the actual pieces of clothing (as most of the items are probably designer ones) just how they are being put together.

Let's hope she brightens up a little now that Spring and Summer are on the way.

Well finally some. The shade of green is dull & the coat looks abit too small. I hope to see her in spring colors soon.

IMO Mette-Marits wardrobe so far in 2008 has been a disaster, its always something that is of, is looking messy or wrong and her posture has gotten worse again. And most of all I hate her hair right now, to long to white and with roots and no style. I wish she could have it back the way she had it a few months after sha gave birth to Ingrid Alexandra,
http://multimedia.hola.com/biografias/mette-marit-de-noruega/78675-mette12.jpg
Then it looked shiny and had a darker more natural shade as well as some sort of style, now it is just cut right of which would be OK is she put it up, but she never does, not even for the Opera opening... she never looked better than around the 2004 royal wedding season and the months following, lots of coloured clothes and beautiful hair done in different styles and decent posture.
http://img187.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=12328_Untitled-TrueColor-01_122_372lo.jpg
(scanpix, rex)

One could hope that the beautiful weather and spring and a trip to Rome with her perfectionist mother in law to Rome will inspire her....

seems that the shoes are new. :flowers: I like the look of Mette-Marit - very fresh and sunny.
I hope she'll not use dark colours again :cool:

Last edited:
Larzen said:
"IMO Mette-Marits wardrobe so far in 2008 has been a disaster, its always something that is of, is looking messy or wrong and her posture has gotten worse again. And most of all I hate her hair right now, to long to white and with roots and no style."

I couldn't agree more. She does not have the best figure which you can blame on having children but personally I think it is a lack of exercise. Yoga might do wonders for her posture. I also thought that an event such as the opening of the new Opera House which was attended by other royalty would have warranted a more dressy approach, particularly with her hair. She looked liked she was visiting the cinema with friends.

I also agree. I find her style boring. It is sad. I have seen picutres of her from a few years ago and she looked very stylish. It is alomst like she doesn't care.

MM attended an auction today, wearing a new cream-colored suit and black pants.

Full View of the outfit
ANP

Her best outfit since a long time, IMO!
She looked lovely. I love that coat on her. She looked pretty!

Dress looks very pretty, im not too bothered about the jacket, it does look abit too casual but it does look good with the dress. At least it isnt black or dark colored outfit

Mette in Bolkesjø

Wearing a black skirt, black shoes and quite a stylish jacket.
I'd love to see her wearing this jacket again (but with an updo hairdo).
It somehow looks really exquisite!

http://i31.tinypic.com/1zzt2ee.jpg

source
I really like this outfit. We can't see a real close up, but the two pictures I've seen make her look really slim and tall.

Mette in Bolkesjø

source

This is her best outfit this year!! It looks like a navy dress underneath the cream jacket...so I hope those shoes aren't black. I don't mind her wearing dark colors, just not head to toe!

What's that wood building behind her? It's really beautiful to look at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mette in Bolkesjø

source

Her_Majesty, could you please link the photo of Mette-Marit wearing this jacket for the first time. unfortunately I don't remember

I think that's the best outfit for long time indeed. she looks lovely. black and white are good for her whent its not only black/white, but combination of colours.

Her_Majesty, could you please link the photo of Mette-Marit wearing this jacket for the first time. unfortunately I don't remember
It's new. She didn't wear it before. :flowers:

I just said: I would love to see her wearing this jacket again in the nearer future. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom