Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, it is the first time that I write here.

I think that Mette-Marit looks absolut fantastic, so stylish and young.
It would be nice if she would look like that more often.
And I really love the bag. Does anyone know the designer?

love this out fit , you are so right in everything you have written !

Mette Marit at a fashion show, in a black shirt dress. I like the look, fashionable, it suits her & i like the bag with the outfit. what do you think?
Picture 1
Picture 2
(pictures originally posted by iceflower)

I think she could've looked worlds better. She looks like a farm mother (unstyled hair and no make up) who's really trying to be trendy with the shirt dress and oversized bag Bottega Veneta bag. :cool:

gosh you must have some really glamours farmers where you come from then ehhehe !

I personally like the shirt dress compared to some things I have seen her in. My only objection to her "look" is that she could have put on some makeup and fixed her hair a little more, a sleek ponytail would have been wonderful with this outfit!

Thanks for all the pictures. It must have been a lot of work finding and matching al the recicling clothes.

August 25, 2007 Is this a new suit? looks very nice, like all the detail's on the jacket, and its one of those great whit/ivory shades that look great with black & not boring. Also think the scarf/pashmina used was also beautiful.

Full length view 1
Full length view 2
Close up
(Anp pictures)

Her long hair is becominh a problem!It looks awful so big, she needs to cut it very fast!!! She doesn't look elegant - she isn't an elegant person, but maybe some clothes will do a miracle for her!

I personally like the shirt dress compared to some things I have seen her in. My only objection to her "look" is that she could have put on some makeup and fixed her hair a little more, a sleek ponytail would have been wonderful with this outfit!

I agree that the dress isn't bad at all. It's fine in my opinion! But I don't understand everyone's assessment that she has no make-up on. She's a princess and at a very fashionable event where she knows she's going to be seen by many. That is just a silly thought that she doesn't have make-up on or that she didn't take time with her hair. I think the lighting is bad and the photos are very real, no retouching or altering has been done to them. Maybe she tried for a different look, lighter make-up and a looser style for her hair. But I find it to be silly to think that a princess went out all naturale to a public event where she understands photographers will be. Just doesn't make sense to me, but that's just me.

And as a response to Biboquinhas, I completely disagree with your opinion of MM's style. I like her style I think she has had some mis-steps. Hey but who hasn't from time to time. Overall, I like the approach that she has. It's a natural style that is very suitable for a royal, not too daring but that is okay to me.

Last edited:
I agree that the dress isn't bad at all. It's fine in my opinion! But I don't understand everyone's assessment that she has no make-up on. She's a princess and at a very fashionable event where she knows she's going to be seen by many. That is just a silly thought that she doesn't have make-up on or that she didn't take time with her hair. I think the lighting is bad and the photos are very real, no retouching or altering has been done to them. Maybe she tried for a different look, lighter make-up and a looser style for her hair. But I find it to be silly to think that a princess went out all naturale to a public event where she understands photographers will be. Just doesn't make sense to me, but that's just me.

And as a response to Biboquinhas, I completely disagree with your opinion of MM's style. I like her style I think she has had some mis-steps. Hey but who hasn't from time to time. Overall, I like the approach that she has. It's a natural style that is very suitable for a royal, not too daring but that is okay to me.

Hi Aurora810, I completely agree with you, she has her own stlyle and, apparentely, she is not a fashion victim, she doesn't want all the spotlight over herself and, more important, she is doing a great job as Crown Princess.

Hello, it is the first time that I write here.

I think that Mette-Marit looks absolut fantastic, so stylish and young.
It would be nice if she would look like that more often.
And I really love the bag. Does anyone know the designer?

I agree with you!
Mette-Marit looks absolut fantastic. She is like the sunshine and she gleams so much... Her hair is so beautiful, I like it. It is just perfect the way it is... And the contrast between the black dress and the blond hair - GREAT! :wub:

Is it just me or are her skirts getting shorter and shorter? :ohmy:

Mette Marit at a fashion show, in a black shirt dress. I like the look, fashionable, it suits her & i like the bag with the outfit. what do you think?
Picture 1
Picture 2
(pictures originally posted by iceflower)

Well, she's pretty as usual and has the lovliest smile, but the dress looks like a cross between a nightie and something a Gothic Lolita would die for.

10-10-2007

MM wearing a grey top and some black pants
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
ANP

She looked nice, IMO. The top suits her and she looked quite elegant.
I love her new hairdo.

Thanks Her_Majesty for the pictures. I liked Mette-Marits top, but I thought it would be more appropriate for a night event rather than worn in the daytime since it's abit to shiney.

The top is from Alertta Ferretti's runway collection fall/winter07(style.com):flowers:

quite a nice new outfit for mette-marit! alberta ferreti really suits her... :)

Mette-Marit today Oct 24, 2007 in a light blue coat & a flowy skirt worn under. I think the collar of the coat is abit tight/small would look nice if it was abit looser imo (polfoto)

coat close up
side view
front view

Mette-Marit today Oct 24, 2007 in a light blue coat & a flowy skirt worn under. I think the collar of the coat is abit tight/small would look nice if it was abit looser imo (polfoto)

coat close up
side view
front view
I really like the outfit today. Pale blue is one of my favorite colors and it looks really nice on Mette-Marit. I wonder if this was the same coat as she wore in this picture ANP Beeldbank when she and Haakon were touring Tromso. It's hard to tell because she was so bundled up.

Oct 25, 2007 in a black coat which imo looked nice & how good does she look without the dark stockings? lovely MM...Coat is by prada, runway f/w07

MM - full view
Prada-runway
(anp & style)

Nobel Peace Prize Award ceremony in the City Hall of Oslo, Norway, December 10, 2007 (ANP)

Very pretty sheer cardigan with a recycled white yop and a short black skirt (sorry, no full view pic's)
Close up -- top part

Arriving MM went for a lovely Alberta ferretti f/w07 coat with a bit of beading details on the collar

Gosh she looks like a school girl with that piece on her head!She looks terrible and not at all elegant!

i thought she looked superb. so trendy! sorry to repeat myself, but every time, i just have the impression alberta ferreti and mette marit were meant for each other!

I think it was a pretty outfit worn by Mette-Marit and was well chosen for the event. The headpiece was lovely. Maybe it would have looked even better with an updo hairdo.
This outfit isn't one of my favorite outfits worn by MM, but compared to last year's Nobel-outfit she looked much much better this year!

Last edited:
I think that she sometimes looks like a young girl in those outifits and that piece in her head!!!

MM really loves the Italians doesn't she?
That Feretti coat is amazing but she should've worn maybe just a head band instead of that ribbon-thing. Or better yet, just her hair in an up-do.

Lovely

That ribbon and coat are lovely, Alberta Ferretti really suit her:wub:

I thhought MM looked lovely. A nice color and a nice change to dark colors. The belt adds some color to the outfit. Those colors really look good on her.

Attending a reception hosted by San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom in San Francisco, California 11 March 2008.
Full view -- Close up
(AP via yahoo news & ANP)

Stylish and pretty! I loved MM's look. The cut of the pants and the jacke.
She looks a million times better in bright colors. She should wear them more often!

one more argument to the idea that light colours do not make figure bigger. I think she used dark to make her more slim, but this outfit shows that Mette-Marit looks good and spindling :flowers:

Stylish and pretty! I loved MM's look. The cut of the pants and the jacke.
She looks a million times better in bright colors. She should wear them more often!
No argument here on your statement. She definately should be wearing more colors! I love this off white outfit, very stylish, very young and fresh! Great choice for her. Hopefully, we will be seeing more of this look from her.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom