Crown Princess Maxima's Fashion & Style Part 2: March - July 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I don't like the dress at all. :nonono: Imo it's not elegant or pretty at all. Her hair doesn't make her apparance more elegant either... maybe it would have looked better with a nice updo...
the fishnet stockings are quite ugly... well, imo this really was a bad outfit choice.

Front View
Back View
Side View

Side view is the worst part of the dress. Looks like little hocks are holding the dress together. Can the fabric look any cheaper?! Hair looks like a mess, she shouldve had it up at least to show off the earings.

Her bag and shoes are nice. Other than that I am not able to say anything that would be positive. I wonder if she has ever heard of Spanx for undergarments. She needs one badly.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/thumbs/Apr2009/PPE09040462.jpg
for me this is one of the worst royal outfits in 2009 - can it get any more tacky. fishnet tights and killer louboutins with an ugly and cheap looking "cape-dress", worst of all there is no supported underwear in sight :nonono::nonono::nonono: maxima looks like supporting actress in a low budget batman movie.

Horrible outfit. Maxima's dress was more then ugly. I hope she will never wear it again. :shock:

Maxima looks terrible, Imo.
I agree that the side view is the worst.
Pic

Unlike most other princesses, the thing with Maxima is that she is able to pull off highest highs but also lowest lows, probably due to her vibrancy gene. One day she will look most regal, the future queen from head to toe but on others it gets down to the most tacky celebrity look I have seen on a royal for a long time. The "batman" look is one of the lowest lows I recall on Maxima, I can imagine Victoria Beckham with fishnet tights and Louboutins in a strange dress, but even she would not go without a proper bra. The outfit has nothing to do with anything royalty should represent, it's pure celebrity looking for attention.

I like the dress from the side with the drape, but the other side of the dress is really ugly, IMO. I don't like the hooks or buttons, or whatever that detail is on the side. It cheapens the look of the dress. The stockings are really strange-looking.

OMG, just because a particular look is in style, people really need to realize it's NOT for everybody. This swing/cape-like look was horrible even on the runway.:eek:

Troonopvolgers!: Maxima's outfit. a lookback at Maxima in and orange outfit - not a great look in my opinion her hair is too flat to her head

Morocco i wouldnt be a fan of the skirt which is all different lenghts and layers as it looks like her kids have taken a pair of scissors to it and cut bits out but on a plus i like the red pashmina

Last edited:
Side view is the worst part of the dress. Looks like little hocks are holding the dress together. Can the fabric look any cheaper?! Hair looks like a mess, she shouldve had it up at least to show off the earings.

Totally agree - Maxima looks like she is ready to hit a nightclub and party all night - total disaster -

I love the orange outfit that she is wearing, especially the jacket. The color is gorgeous. Her hair is definitely too flat, IMO. The red outfit that she wore in Morocco is nice, except for the skirt. The pashmina that she carried was really pretty. Her hair also looked really good at that length. She should consider wearing this style again.

Truly not her best look.:ROFLMAO:

I like the orange outfit. It looks pretty, I like her hair,too.
I like the red outfit. Especially, I like the skirt. It looks very cool.

I noticed that the orange outfit was one of Maxima's best choice. Maxima has beautiful eyes and hair. I really like it.

The jacket is nice, but I don´t like the skirt. And I hate the orange-pink combination:neutral:
The orange shoes are quite nice, I just love shoes in bright colours.

That's a terrible color mix, the skirt is too short, balloon skirts in general are completely outdated (thankfully), the messy hair along with the deflated balloon fabric results in a disheveled look...
...which is not Dutch-made, but Belgian-made - again. A repeat from Natan, the most undeservedly overused and undertalented royal designer.

didn't she use this outfit before with a huge hat? the combinations of color are familiar? the skirt is too short for her? the shoes are ok and the jacket too , i like it even the color combination but skirt it is a no--no

didn't she use this outfit before with a huge hat? the combinations of color are familiar? the skirt is too short for her? the shoes are ok and the jacket too , i like it even the color combination but skirt it is a no--no

she she wore a pink/red combination coat dress at a wedding with an oversized hat which was equally as a bad an outfit
image1
image2

Today
Royals

Last edited:
That is a beautifully "stand out" outfit :)
It look stunning on Maxima, wonderful choice :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom