The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
she she wore a pink/red combination coat dress at a wedding with an oversized hat which was equally as a bad an outfit
image1
image2
Indeed that hat is far too much and the jacket i like, but maybe a red and white combination. :)
Shocking.
x

Old 04-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
That's a terrible color mix, the skirt is too short, balloon skirts in general are completely outdated (thankfully), the messy hair along with the deflated balloon fabric results in a disheveled look...
...which is not Dutch-made, but Belgian-made - again. A repeat from Natan, the most undeservedly overused and undertalented royal designer.

I agree Boris the skirt is not attractive at all. The hair, sighhhhh. I think we all need to just give up she is not going to do anything about it. There are times like with this outfit when I think she dresses much to yourng for her age. A very young slender woman would look much better in this outfit. (They would not be caught dead in that style skirt for one thing)She is much to hippy for this type of skirt. I do like the shoes. Once again that is the only kind thing I can say. Maxima we all love you. Please spend some time caring about how you look again. You are so missing the mark anymore. You seem to be getting worse with each passing outfit.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
I agree Boris the skirt is not attractive at all. The hair, sighhhhh. I think we all need to just give up she is not going to do anything about it. There are times like with this outfit when I think she dresses much to yourng for her age. A very young slender woman would look much better in this outfit. (They would not be caught dead in that style skirt for one thing)She is much to hippy for this type of skirt. I do like the shoes. Once again that is the only kind thing I can say. Maxima we all love you. Please spend some time caring about how you look again. You are so missing the mark anymore. You seem to be getting worse with each passing outfit.
Sadly, I have to agree with you dee. While I like to see the royals recycle their old outfits, this one should have never been purchased in the first place.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Courtier

I love the bright colors but the skirt is too short.
Maxima is seriously in need of a good hair cut. The ends of her hair are all ragged and split. Her hair is extremely fly-away and needs some good grooming. Again, some pins or hairbands or a barrette would help.
She often times looks messy and sloppy in the grooming department and that can kill any outfit.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
I love the bright colors but the skirt is too short.
Maxima is seriously in need of a good hair cut. The ends of her hair are all ragged and split. Her hair is extremely fly-away and needs some good grooming. Again, some pins or hairbands or a barrette would help.
She often times looks messy and sloppy in the grooming department and that can kill any outfit.

I like the colors too. The skirt ruins this outfit, however. When you have well pronounced hips you can wear a flared skirt but the fit and length must be perfect. The skirt shouldn't flare as much as this one does for Maxima's body type. This skirt is also too short and I firmly believe that once you reach a certain age regardless of how little you may have aged your skirts should fall just above the knee at least. Call me old fashioned but a skirt that length should be on a teenager or twenty-something. As far as her hair goes, well I gave up on commenting on that a long time ago.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes the skirt is quite short, but not unbearably IMO. The design/shape on maxima is questionable but I love that she dares to wear it.
I love the bright colours, the are great and I have been hoping for ages that we would see at least the jacket again.
I really like Maxima's shoes too!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Indeed that hat is far too much and the jacket i like, but maybe a red and white combination. :)
Shocking.
x
Yes, that hat was a bit grandiose -- quite the attention grabber -- although I like the color.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:49 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
she she wore a pink/red combination coat dress at a wedding with an oversized hat which was equally as a bad an outfit
image1
image2
It wouldn't be as bad, as many of her other outfits, if Maxima didn't have a fascination with cheap looking materials, looking like plastic or artificial leather etc. The fact that she starts dressing more and more outside her age range doesn't help.

Short skirts, fishnet tights, flimsy hair plus cheap looking, "attention" clothes do not add something positive to her image as a Princess.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the hat is really ugly, and I dislike the colour and the outfit too
Old 04-15-2009, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Maxima visits Sultan Qaboos bin al-Said in Muscat, Oman. (18/01/2009)

http://i39.tinypic.com/bi2vet.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/v7z7u1.jpg
Old 04-15-2009, 07:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Awful combination of colours.A disaster
Old 04-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
14th April 09 (PPE)
image1
image2
shoes

Hello! seem to like it...
Maxima of Netherlands is a class act in pink and*tangerine |Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com
Old 04-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I would never dare to wear this color combination, but I think that it suits Maxima's personality. I like the top half of the outfit, but I don't care for the skirt. The fabric looks rumpled and messy.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do like this color combo of pink and orange, she definetly stands out!! The shoes are great,(are they Ferregamo?) but why would you wear orange shoes and carry a pink bag? I know we no longer match our bags and shoes but this really is weird to me. Anyone else notice this?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Courtier

I like the colour, pink and orange. Her shoes and purses are nice. The skirt is kind of short. It is not right to wear to her visit to the school. It would have been nice if she would wear a little longer skirt.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:34 AM
Royal Highness

CP Maxima
royals.web-log.nl: Prinses Maxima bij presentatie
Old 04-17-2009, 12:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

The orange skirt is just so horrible I can honestly say that is the worst look yet .... Maxima herself should by now take some responsiblity for the outfits she wears I become so frustrated with her I think she is just super.But the gear she just has to stop.... someone help her.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

http://i43.tinypic.com/2di1x1e.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/km5cm.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/w1dzwz.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2hzpisp.jpg
Old 04-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Maxima needs to colour coordinate with her husband. The bright pink out and the bright orange jumper. Ah big no no.
x
Old 04-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Maxima needs to colour coordinate with her husband. The bright pink out and the bright orange jumper. Ah big no no.
x
They don't had to coordinate their clothes. It was Queensday last year and Alexander got the jumper as a present a few moments before. He just wear it while they were ice skating